Re: PB 6.0 Crash when clicking in DW w/no visible cols like PB 4.0 used to

In article <350A1EA6.55C8@powersoft.com>, sdupre@powersoft.com says...

>Marc Whitney wrote:
>>
>> I am using PB 6.0 Enterprise on WIN NT 4.0 SP3 INTEL.  A Datawindow that is
in
>> query/sort mode where we turn the visibility on for a column and then off
again
>> and then click in the datawindow with no other columns visible closes PB
>> Enterprise and closes our app, once deployed.  This reminds me of crashes in
>> PB4.0 datawindows with no rows!
>>
>> Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated
>>
>> TIA
>> Marc
>> marcwhitney@compuserve.com
>
>I took your bug off here about a week ago.  It's been fixed in 6.0.01
>Build 381.
>
>Stephen Dupre
>Sybase

Stephen -
Thanks for your reply -
I unzipped 503493(1).zip and replaced the older dll's with the new ones in the
shared directory and in the Deployed Dlls (where the dlls were the same).  The
problem is still there with the testit60.pbl that I e-mailed you.I get GPF's in
WinNT 4.0 Sp3 and Win95b.  I did notice that the crosstabs and report titles
when printing look good now.

I look forward to the next zip file to test the fix then.

Thanks
Marc

0
marcwhitney

PB 6.0 Crash when clicking in DW w/no visible cols like PB 4.0 used to.
I am using PB 6.0 Enterprise on WIN NT 4.0 SP3 INTEL. A Datawindow that is in query/sort mode where we turn the visibility on for a column and then off again and then click in the datawindow with no other columns visible closes PB Enterprise and closes our app, once deployed. This reminds me of crashes in PB4.0 datawindows with no rows! Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated TIA Marc marcwhitney@compuserve.com Marc Whitney wrote: > > I am using PB 6.0 Enterprise on WIN NT 4.0 SP3 INTEL. A Datawindow that is in > query/sort mode where we turn ...

Re: Pb 6.0 crashes when clicking in dw with no visible cols like PB 4.0 used to
I am using PB 6.0 with patch 6038532(1).zip. The patch still GPF's with the pbl library (testit.pbl) that was sent to Powersoft. This was to be fixed in patch 6038132.zip (build 381) but unfortunately, the problem still exists. I hope the problem is still evident on Powersoft's side? Thanks Marc marcwhitney@compuserve.com ...

PB 4.0.03 & PB 6.0.0 issues
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS READING PB PRODUCTS: 1. WE HAVE USED PB 4.0.03 ENTERPRISE FOR YEARS NOW, ARE THERE PATCHES FOR Y2K CONCERNS THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD? 2. WE HAVE ALSO PB 6.0.0 PROFESSIONAL, AND ENCOUNTERED SOME ODBC 4.0 GLITCHES RELATING TO MS-ACCESS 97 ("... Program type out of range ..."), ARE THERE PATCHES ALSO FOR THESE CONCERNS AND Y2K ISSUES. I read a response pointing where to find the different patches. I did not see though any patches specific to PB 4.0.03 and PB 6.0.0. I would great...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Using PB5.0.3(32bit) and PB 6.0 on the same development NT 4.0 PC
To whom it may concern, Help please if you can! When PB6.0 was installed on a PC (running NT4.0) that was in use as a PB5.03 (32bit) development workstation an apparent problem arose: connectivity to MS SQL Server 6.5 from PB5 was lost. What follows is the error message that is displayed when one attempts to connect to a db: PB050.exe - Bad Image The application or DLL c:\Program Files\Common Files\Powersoft Shared\pbmss050.dll is not a valid Windows NT image. Please check this against your installation diskette. The dll in question was reinstalled and connectivity ...

pfc and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

PFC and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

PB 6.0/SQL Server 6.5/NT 4.0 using TCP/IP
I'm trying to connect a client to MS SQL Server 6.5 on NT4.0 over TCP/IP and am running into a strange situation that I hope someone can help me with. If I connect to the server in another domain and go out and see the server, PB will connect without a problem. If I'm not connected to the server, PB can't make the connection and will time out. Is there any way you can make the connection without having to have the OS level connection? Can anyone also give an area in the manual to look for how the connection is done to TCP/IP? I looked in Connecting To Your Database and...

Running PB 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 on same PC
I am attempting to run PowerBuilder 3, 4, 5 (both 16 and 32 bit), and 6 on the same PC. I know that sounds crazy but all of those releases are still in use at my company. The only problem I am having is I can't get 6.0 to use its own pb.ini file. I am running NT 4.0 and have made the following entries in my WIN.INI in the [Powerbuilder] section: INITPATH=c:\...... statement for PB3, INITPATH040 for PB4, INITPATH050 for PB5, and INITPATH060 for PB6. This method works for PB3, 4, and 5 but not 6. PB6 seems to be using the INITPATH statement but ignores the INITPATH060 statement. M...

Problem using PB 5.0.3 and PB 6.0 on the Same NT Workstation
Help! I'm having a problem with PB 5.0.3 and PB 6.0 on the same machine. Some history: We are running a PB5 application (16bit) in a Windows 3.11 environment but are doing some of the development on NT(PB5.0.3 32 bit). When we compile the app, we do it on a 16 bit machine. Up until now, we've been able to run the app with no problems on both Windows 3.11 and NT. Last week I installed PB6 on my NT machine and within a few days I was starting to have problems running the app in develepment in PB 5. The only thing I did in PB 6 so far is just try to connect to the MSS SQ...

PB crashes while migrating pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0
Hi, I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0. It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there anything needs to be taken care before the migrating it to pb 9.0 ? Thanks, Mohan Same as any other version: - backup - optimize all PBLs - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try to deal with as much as possible in original version - full build, with information and warning messages turned on, so you know which messages after migration aren't new - backup, backup, backup - migrate - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if you ca...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

Web resources about - Re: PB 6.0 Crash when clicking in DW w/no visible cols like PB 4.0 used to - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

WARNING: Unhappy Meals for Facebook Users Clicking Links to $250 McDonald’s Gift Cards
Facebook users who click on links promising them $250 gift cards to McDonald’s are becoming victims of The Hamburglar, in the form of online ...

Facebook tests subscribe button for pages to allow users to receive updates without clicking Like
... Marketing Land reader Craig Smith: We do not have the button on our own accounts, but here is the way to connect with a page without clicking ...

Macintosh User Manual - Clicking - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore peterme's photos on Flickr. peterme has uploaded 5226 photos to Flickr.

Shoes of Prey not the only e-tailer clicking onto bricks and mortar
Aussie internet merchants are realising that an old-school shop front is still vital for building brand and sales.

Shutting down and clicking on (04:36)
While the American government shut down explored absurdity, we have had to make do with mere bemusement over Harvey Norman chief Gerry Harvey’s ...

Want a top Australian Public Service job? Get clicking on Facebook
Click 'Like' if you have what it takes to be a Canberra mandarin.