Problem with using Oracle stored procedure to create DW in PB 5.0.0.2

Hi,
Using PB 6.0, I can create datawindow by using ORACLE stored procedure as
datasource ( I use cursor variable as IN OUT parameter ) without problem at
all. But when I used PB 5.0.02, I got error message even if I use same
stored procedure in same server ( Oracle version 7.3 ).

This was what the error message said:
"Cannot create Datawindow

'ORA - 06550: Line 1, Column 61:
PLS - 00103: Encountered the symbol "14" when expecting one of the
following:
	. () , * @ % & | = - + < / > in mod .......'"

Is anyone can help me?

TIA
Enoch
kuany@jea.com
0
Enoch

On Wed, 04 Mar 1998 10:53:22 -0500, "Enoch Kuang" <kuany@jea.com>
wrote:

>Using PB 6.0, I can create datawindow by using ORACLE stored procedure as
>datasource ( I use cursor variable as IN OUT parameter ) without problem at
>all. But when I used PB 5.0.02, I got error message even if I use same
>stored procedure in same server ( Oracle version 7.3 ).
>This was what the error message said:
>"Cannot create Datawindow
>'ORA - 06550: Line 1, Column 61:
>PLS - 00103: Encountered the symbol "14" when expecting one of the
>following:
>	. () , * @ % & | = - + < / > in mod .......'"
>Is anyone can help me?

Oracle slipstreamed in a change to the way that stored procedures
describe themselves in the latter 7.2 and the 7.3 release.  I believe
that the 5.0.02 release knew about that change.  You may have to
upgrade to a later version of 5 to correct it.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]		| Source Consulting
mailto:brucearm@ix.netcom.com		| mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
http://www.netcom.com/~brucearm/	| http://www.sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.experienceondemand.com

Preach the gospel at all times.If necessary, use words.	[Francis of Assisi]
0
NOCANSPAM_brucearm

Problem with using Oracle stored procedure to create datasource for DW in PB 5.0.02
Hi, Using PB 6.0, I can create datawindow by using ORACLE stored procedure as datasource ( I use cursor variable as IN OUT parameter ) without problem at all. But when I used PB 5.0.02, I got error message even if I use same stored procedure in same server ( Oracle version 7.3 ). This was what the error message said: "Cannot create Datawindow 'ORA - 06550: Line 1, Column 61: PLS - 00103: Encountered the symbol "14" when expecting one of the following: . () , * @ % & | = - + < / > in mod .......'" Is anyone can help me? TIA Enoch kuan...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

How to create a Stored Procedure DataWindow using PB5.0.02 and Oracle 7.2 ?
Hello As you can see I'm trying to create a DW Stored Procedure DataWindow using PB5.0.02 and Oracle 7.2 If I create a SQL Select DataWindow it works but if I try I Stored Procedure DataWindow, It shows the list of my stored procedures, the source code but when I click at OK button, nothing happens Please, Reply this to me as soon as possible at my e-mail: macorrea@sti.com.br Thank you very much in Advance Maur�cio A. Correa macorrea@sti.com.br It seems to me that the stored procedure in question dont have any result set declared. TO have a datawindow based on ...

I am using PB 6.5.1 and MSSQL Server 7.0. I have created a stored procedure and painted a DW off of
I am using PB 6.5.1 and MSSQL Server 7.0. I have created a stored procedure and painted a DW off of it. When I run the procedure in MS query tool everything runs fine and the result set is returned correctly. However, when I run it out of PB one of the columns is returned as a null value. The column is fine in the query tool but nothing on the PB side of life. I'm thinking that this must be a connection issue but I have no real idea. Thanks......Paul Paul, What is the datatype of the column? If you are using ODBC, you can run a driver trace and perhaps get more inform...

Oracle 8.0.5 stored procedures problem in PB 6.5
Hi, I am trying to create a datawindow in PowerBuilder 6.5 with Stored Procedure as source. The stored procedure is on Oracle 8.0.5. It returns multiple rows. I am using REF Cursor as IN OUT parameter to pass the result set. Everytime I select the stored procedure while creating the datawindow, I get an error 'Invalid Cursor'. Has anybody encountered this problem? Am I doing anything wrong? P.S. If I use 7.3 drivers to connect to Oracle 8 database, everything works fine but there are some Oracle datatypes which are recognized only by 8.0 drivers and unfortunately I am us...

MSSQL 6.5/PB 5.0.2 DataWindow Stored Procedure
PB ver. 5.0.2 & MS SQL ver 6.5 I am having problems using a DataWindow based on a stored procedure with MS SQL. If I include any arguments for the stored procedure, it fails with a SQLSTATE 22005 error "error in assignment". The same stored procedure in Sybase SQLAnywhere DB does not have any errors. We have no other problems with stored procedures exeuted from the application, only when used as the data source for a datawindow with MS SQL. Any input appreciated. Dana Riffe Primus Partners Inc. DRiffe@primusweb.com Are you trying to pass an empty string to tha...

Oracle Stored Procedure problems with 8.0.5 and PB 6.5 Error ORA-25123
We are getting the follow message when we execute this: SQLCA.Set_Book_Children_Flag("488", "I") A database error has occurred. Database error code: 25123 Database error message: ORA-25123: Too many components specified in the name. Has any one seen this or knows. I have talked to Oracle and they have not. We have the latest builds from PB including a the weekly build. Mark A wild guess: the double-quote confuses Oracle. Try a single-quote. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Mark Drummond wrote in message ... >W...

PowerBuilder 5.0 to 5.0.0.2
I hope this the correct venue for this question. I have a fresh install of PB 5.0 and I need to upgrade it to 5.0.0.2. I have found plenty of reference/downloads to 5.0.0.4 on the sybase website, but I need to go from 5.0 to 5.0.0.2. Where can I download the correct patch/upgrade? Thanks 5.0.0.2 is no longer available. You can choose between 5.0.03 (bug infested) and 5.0.04 (stable). -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Dwayne Bordelon" <dwayne.bordelon@shawinc...

Problems with Powerbuilde 8.0.2 and Oracle 8.0.5 Client
Hello all. I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)=20 application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was=20 created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn=B4t run correctly over Oracle= ,=20 that use only DATETIME data type (native). In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field = is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,= =20 I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I=20 Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398&qu...

Problems with new FireFox 2.0.0.5 and 0.8.0.2 XForms extension
Hi all, We are running the 0.8.0.2 extension and are having problems with the new FireFox 2.0.0.5 that just came out. It looks like instance documents are not loading on the Windows platform. Is anyone else having problems with this? Thanks - Dan It won't work. We added support for current() which means changes to XPath which means that any interaction in xforms that requires xpath will fail (almost all of them if you consider binding, etc). --Aaron Dan McCreary wrote: > Hi all, > > We are running the 0.8.0.2 extension and are having problems with th...

PB 5.0.04 DW retrieve using stored procedure to SA 7
Our PB 5.0.04 application has a few datawindows which retrieve using stored procedures. These worked fine running against SA 5.5. It seems retrieval of these same DWs against Sql Anywhere results in a database error: "Invalid use of null pointer" These DWs retrieve just fine against SA 5.5. Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you, Dan Harrel. ...

Connecting PB 5.0 to Oracle 7.3.2.2.0
Hi Everyone, Would anybody help me figure out this problem? When trying to connect to the Oracle 7.3.2.2.0 database from PowerBuilder 5.0 (Windows NT 4.0) using the database profile I set up, I got the following error message: ORA-01031:Insufficient Privileges The database profile in PowerBuilder is set up as follows: Profile Name : Connect_DB (i.e any name) DBMS : 071 ORACLE v7.1 UserID : (i.e blank because they are not applicable) Password : ( " ) Data...

Oracle Client 8.0.5.0 and PB 6.5 problems
We are experencing problems on Retrieve and with stored procedures. Has anyone else had similar problems. We are using the 8.0.5 client attaching to oracle 8.0 Using PB 8.0 native drivers. The problem is most pronounced on a tabed object build using user objects for tabpages. We get a "pb60.exe Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), Adress: 0x0593bf21" Error on a retrieve. Can anyone tell me the most current 6.5 build and native drivers. I believe that the problem lies with the sqlnet and or PB native drivers. If there are new one I want to try those before going...

Web resources about - Problem with using Oracle stored procedure to create DW in PB 5.0.0.2 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures
We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures by digby I have a new piece up at Salon this morning about police ...

TSA Updates Screening Procedure, Will Mandate Some Passengers Use Full-Body Scanners
... Imaging Technologies, or AIT, in favor of full-body pat-downs by TSA agents. Under the new mandate, not everyone can opt for the pat-down procedure. ...

New Defence Procurement Procedure to push 'Make in India' initiative
New Defence Procurement Procedure to push 'Make in India' initiative - Under the new DPP, a new category called the 'IDDM' or 'Indigenously Designed, ...