Problem with using Oracle stored procedure to create DW in PB 5.0.0.2

Hi,
Using PB 6.0, I can create datawindow by using ORACLE stored procedure as
datasource ( I use cursor variable as IN OUT parameter ) without problem at
all. But when I used PB 5.0.02, I got error message even if I use same
stored procedure in same server ( Oracle version 7.3 ).

This was what the error message said:
"Cannot create Datawindow

'ORA - 06550: Line 1, Column 61:
PLS - 00103: Encountered the symbol "14" when expecting one of the
following:
	. () , * @ % & | = - + < / > in mod .......'"

Is anyone can help me?

TIA
Enoch
kuany@jea.com
0
Enoch

On Wed, 04 Mar 1998 10:53:22 -0500, "Enoch Kuang" <kuany@jea.com>
wrote:

>Using PB 6.0, I can create datawindow by using ORACLE stored procedure as
>datasource ( I use cursor variable as IN OUT parameter ) without problem at
>all. But when I used PB 5.0.02, I got error message even if I use same
>stored procedure in same server ( Oracle version 7.3 ).
>This was what the error message said:
>"Cannot create Datawindow
>'ORA - 06550: Line 1, Column 61:
>PLS - 00103: Encountered the symbol "14" when expecting one of the
>following:
>	. () , * @ % & | = - + < / > in mod .......'"
>Is anyone can help me?

Oracle slipstreamed in a change to the way that stored procedures
describe themselves in the latter 7.2 and the 7.3 release.  I believe
that the 5.0.02 release knew about that change.  You may have to
upgrade to a later version of 5 to correct it.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]		| Source Consulting
mailto:brucearm@ix.netcom.com		| mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
http://www.netcom.com/~brucearm/	| http://www.sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.experienceondemand.com

Preach the gospel at all times.If necessary, use words.	[Francis of Assisi]
0
NOCANSPAM_brucearm