problem with the datawindow Rows-Update Properties - Unique Key Columns where there is a datetime column ???

i am trying to set up a datawindow for a table with a compound primary key
where one of the columns is a datetime column (ASE 11.5) :

xpkactivity_action_note clustered, unique   activity_num, action_datetime,
resource_id, activity_action_id

The action_datetime column doesn't appear in the Unique Key Columns() list
box in the Specify Update Properties which results in the update not working
properly because the where clause is incorrect...   (the column is in the
Updateable Columns list).  when i press the Primary Key button, it selects
the other 3 columns.

i can't find a documented restriction in this regard, can anyone help?
thanks.

0
Simon
6/25/2001 7:04:37 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow 28057 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Look up the DateTimeAllowed DBParm parameter.

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:04:37 +1000,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Simon Hunter <shunter@au1.ibm.com> wrote:
>i am trying to set up a datawindow for a table with a compound primary key
>where one of the columns is a datetime column (ASE 11.5) :
>
>xpkactivity_action_note clustered, unique   activity_num, action_datetime,
>resource_id, activity_action_id
>
>The action_datetime column doesn't appear in the Unique Key Columns() list
>box in the Specify Update Properties which results in the update not working
>properly because the where clause is incorrect...   (the column is in the
>Updateable Columns list).  when i press the Primary Key button, it selects
>the other 3 columns.
>
>i can't find a documented restriction in this regard, can anyone help?
>thanks.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://cgi.exp.com/noauth/advisor_profile.cgi?adv_id=510977
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
6/25/2001 4:40:23 PM
thanks.

I have to say the online books don't document this !  the PB User Guide
'Controlling Updates" doesn't mention it.  also the section 'description of
DBParm parameters' in older versions of the Connection to your Database book
seems to have disappeared into the the online help...

0
Simon

Update properties on datawindow columns not updated when changed
When I initially add an updateable datawindow and set the update column properties, everything works fine. If I then go back into the update column properties and CHANGE which ones are updateable, it doesn't subsequently change the underlying datawindow. The properties ARE updated and stored correctly, however, so when you go back in to edit them again it looks correct. The typical Powerbuilder Mantra that I am oh so used to (save, close, reboot, open) doesn't fix this one... Has anyone seen this behaviour before, or am I just hallucinating? Tim tima@predator<dash>so...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Update Property of Datawindow columns?
Just getting back into PB after a long time (10 yrs). Messing around with a dw and haveing a problem. I am populating a dw from code and then issuing a dw.update() statement followed by a commit. Things work ok, except one column of the table is not getting updated. I added this column to the both the table and datawindow after original creation. Something in the back of my mind says I need to set a property in the datawindow so this column is updatable. Is this the case? If so, where is the property? Thanks, Mac Hi Mac, welcome back to PB! In the datawindow...

HTML Datawindow Generator
Hi, I am having a strange problem updating columns with dropdown datawindows. I am sorry for the long message. But to explain things, I needed to do that. I copied the code from pbdwrmt.pbl and created a custome datawindow generator component and delpoyed it to Jagusr. I am using a datawindow which has multiple drop down datawindows. None of them has retrieval arguments. The retrieval of the main datawindow worked fine and the drop down datawindows showed data. But I see "error on Page" in the browser status bar when th page is loaded. I have an update button in th...

How to get a column property in a datawindow column object expression?
Hi, I have a free style datawindow, I want such expression: columnA.x = IF(columnB.visible, columnB.x + 100, 200) Yes, you can get it in script, but I just want set it in datawindow. Anyone can help? Bo Song soong@188.net Hi Bo, AFAIK, you cannot reference object properties in the expression. That would be nice... -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 Bo Song <soong@188.net> wrote in message 36D52106.433CE9B2@188.net... >Hi, >I have a free style data...

Problem with column properties in Crosstab datawindow
dear all, i have problem with customize the layout of crosstab datawindow... actually i can amend the layout of "val" field depends on the "row" field, but i would like to have some color changes that is related to the "column" field or "val" field itself... does crosstab datawidnow allow me to do it? it's similar to the case of erasmo wrote on 31-Oct, does anyone know the alternative way to do it? PowerBuilder Ver 10.2.1 Build 9696 many thanks :) vicky ...

Problem with protect property of a datawindow column
Hello, Two of the columns' cells(nexus_bypass, franchise_bypass) of the datawindow having edit style as drop down datawindows are protected depending on the value in another column cell(tax_type). e.g. I have three columns as follow: tax_type, nexus_bypass, franchise_bypass The possible values for tax_type are 'INCOME', 'FRANCHISE' and 'INCOME/FRANCHISE' I put following conditions in protect property as follows nexus_bypass.protect = if ( Mid(tax_type, 1, 6) = 'INCOME', 0, 1) franchise_bypass.protect = if ( (Mid(tax_type, 1, 9) = 'FR...

Setting column's property in a datawindow from composite datawindow
Hi I know this is easy but I cant get it to work. I have two datawindows controls (dw_1, dw_2) in a composite datawindow (dw_report). I want to change Text of a header column of dw_2, so I try it using: 1. GetChild and Modify ------ datawindowchild ldw_child Int li_Rtn String ls_Error dw_Report.SetTransObject ( SQLCA ) li_Rtn = dw_Report.GetChild ( "dw_2", ldw_Child ) /* This returns 1, no problem */ If li_Rtn = 1 Then ls_Error = ldw_Child.Modify ( "item_number_t.Text = ~'New Text~' ") /* ls_Error is empty string, no problem, but report do...

Update problem of Timestamp column thru datawindows ...
Summary of Problem : The timestamp column on the datawindow is not properly updated when the column in the datawindow is a foreign key to another table and further when there are more than 2 datawindows to update. The update doesnt work when the there is a SetItem done on the column which is a foreign key. I m working on PB 6.5 on Win 98 / Sybase 11.9.2 on Win NT. I have 3 tables say t1, t2, t3. t2 is a child table of t1. t2 has a field say t2_fld2 which is a foreign key from t3. All these tables have a column "timestamp" of datatype "timestamp" I have master d...

Deleting Rows with Identity Columns through Powerbuilder Datawindow
Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am having the following problem: I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed Between Retrieve and Update Error"! I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to no avail. However, I can delete records from the table th...

Adding columns in Access, Datawindow-update problem
Hi I work with PB 6.0.00 and I have the following problem: 1. Access-DB Table: Client Fields: Cnr Name Datawindow (Columns Cnr, Name) With the Datawindow I can modify and append records. 2. I add a new column to the Table "Client" in Access and in the Datawindow. Access-DB Table: Client Fields: Cnr Name Street Datawindow (Columns Cnr, Name, Street) With the Datawindow I can modify and append records, but the values entered in Street are not stored to the database. Why? If a remake the whole Datawindow it works. Why? Thanks! Best rega...

Datawindow not showing all available columns for update properties
In PB7, we have a datawindow with a bunch of unique key fields including a datetime field. This datetime field is not included in the list of "Unique Key Columns" on the Update Properties. Unfortunately, we need this field available as it is truly the uniqueness factor and is causing the dreaded 'row changed between retrieve/update'. Has anyone run into this. I have tried rebuilding the DW and creating a completely new one and the datetime field is always missing. Thanks! Pete Yup, been there done that. PB 7 apparently chokes after the 7th key field. ...

How to Modify Contents of a DataWindow DDLB column based on value of another column in the same row.
I'm trying to conditionally Modify the contents of a DataWindow DDLB column. For example, ls_modstr = "cp_basis.Values='5 Test~t5~tIf(cp_type=~~'TB~~',30 Day~t30,3 Year~t3)'" ls_rtn = This.Modify(ls_modstr) Does anyone have an example of syntax that works? Thanks, George I don't believe the values attribute will actually accept a function. Have you thought about using a DDDW instead and applying a filter dynamically? On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:10:21 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow <George_Farrance> wrote: >...

Datawindow Column Properties
Is there a way to copy the properties of one column to another? The scenario I have deals with a checkbox. We have disable logic that makes the checkbox a codestable that uses wingdings to show a different type of checkmark. This allows us to make the background buttonface. Now if I want to enable the field, I need to copy all the original properties back into that field to make it a 3-D editable checkbox. Any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks, Terry Just a little trick: Let's call the first column with the properties to copy col1, the new one col2 * if col...

DataWindow Column Properties
How do you get reference to a column property on a datawindow for a a specific row? Dot notation does not allow you to specify what specific row for the column you are interrogating. I need access to some of these property values that are being set using datawindow expressions. Look up Evaluate() newbie wrote in message <9E5A46C1E0F54EF60073A62D85256AFF.0073A63A85256AFF@webforums>... >How do you get reference to a column property on a datawindow for a >a specific row? Dot notation does not allow you to specify what specific >row for the column you are interrogat...

Web resources about - problem with the datawindow Rows-Update Properties - Unique Key Columns where there is a datetime column ??? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

AIPMT Row Update: Supreme Court Cancels 2015 Result Declaration; Asks CBSE to Hold Retest in 4 Weeks
The SC ordered re-examination in view of question paper leak and cheating allegations.

TicToe Fury Wins Three In A Row With New Universal Update
... in the App Store for $1.99. A lame game it most certainly isn’t. TicToe Fury TicToe Fury Wins Three In A Row With New Universal Update is ...

Execution Of Kelly Gissendaner, Georgia's Only Woman On Death Row, Delayed At Last Minute [UPDATE]
Georgia's only woman on death row was spared from lethal injection Monday night "out of an abundance of caution" after concerns arose over the ...

Saints Row 4 'Game of the Century' Edition spotted on Amazon [Update]
An Amazon listing for a DLC-bundled re-release of Volition's Saints Row 4 has surfaced in Germany, gaming marketplace analyst @lifelower reports. ...

Skid Row police shooting update: incident will be early test of LAPD body camera policy
Three officers, one of whom is a sergeant, shot a man as they struggled on the ground for control of one of the officer's weapons, after a stun ...

Xbox One News: Destiny fans kick off, new Assassin's Creed bundle, Saints Row 4 update
DESTINY fans have let the feeling be known about a recent Destiny event, Microsoft have revealed a new Assassin's Creed bundle, and Saints Row ...