Problem with event Retrieverow

When there is no script in event RETRIEVEROW , the number of rows retrieved
is 500.
When there is script in this event, sometimes,  the number of rows retrieved
is different

Someone can help me please ?


0
Marc
8/30/2000 1:35:26 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow 28057 articles. 4 followers. Follow

6 Replies
479 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

First question is: how many rows SHOULD be returned?

Second question is:  What script is in the RetrieveRow event (when there
is script there)?

Third question:  Is this PB client/server, a PB component in EAServer,
etc?

steve
[TeamSybase]

Marc RIVOAL wrote:
> 
> When there is no script in event RETRIEVEROW , the number of rows retrieved
> is 500.
> When there is script in this event, sometimes,  the number of rows retrieved
> is different
> 
> Someone can help me please ?
0
Steve
8/30/2000 6:26:31 PM
> First question is: how many rows SHOULD be returned?
        500 rows

> Second question is:  What script is in the RetrieveRow event (when there
> is script there)?
       st_comment.text = String(THIS.RowCount())
  But it does not work again (sometimes) if I put this line in comment. The
only way to work at every time is to have
no script in this event.
When it does not work the number of rows is sometimes 1, sometimes 450...

> Third question:  Is this PB client/server, a PB component in EAServer,
> etc?
This is PB client/server with :
    Server : Database Oracle 7.3.4.4
    Client : Sqlnet 8.0.5

Thanks already for your answer.



0
Marc
8/31/2000 6:24:59 AM
OK, next question is, when it says 450 rows, are there only 450 rows or are
there really 500?

In any case, you might want to change your code from

st_comment.text = String(this.rowCount())

to

st_comment.text = String(row) // use the argument to the event.

If you decide to add code to the RetrieveEnd then be sure to use the
argument to the event instead of calling a method to get the rows displayed.

--
--------------------------------------------------------
Rik Brooks
Author of 'The Definitive DataWindow'
Rik's PowerBuilder Dojo
http://www.1313mockingbirdlane.com/dojo
"Marc RIVOAL" <mrivoal@monoprix.fr> wrote in message
news:TGRWPWxEAHA.203@forums.sybase.com...
> > First question is: how many rows SHOULD be returned?
>         500 rows
>
> > Second question is:  What script is in the RetrieveRow event (when there
> > is script there)?
>        st_comment.text = String(THIS.RowCount())
>   But it does not work again (sometimes) if I put this line in comment.
The
> only way to work at every time is to have
> no script in this event.
> When it does not work the number of rows is sometimes 1, sometimes 450...
>
> > Third question:  Is this PB client/server, a PB component in EAServer,
> > etc?
> This is PB client/server with :
>     Server : Database Oracle 7.3.4.4
>     Client : Sqlnet 8.0.5
>
> Thanks already for your answer.
>
>
>


0
Richard
8/31/2000 7:16:17 AM
When it says 450 rows there are only 450 rows, but I execute Retrieve
without script in RetrieveRow there are 500. This "bug" arrive even there is
only comments in event.
But it is not systematic( About 1 time / 50)... strange...

Richard Brooks <pbrooks@austin.rr.com> a �crit dans le message :
54lds5yEAHA.203@forums.sybase.com...
> OK, next question is, when it says 450 rows, are there only 450 rows or
are
> there really 500?
>
> In any case, you might want to change your code from
>
> st_comment.text = String(this.rowCount())
>
> to
>
> st_comment.text = String(row) // use the argument to the event.
>
> If you decide to add code to the RetrieveEnd then be sure to use the
> argument to the event instead of calling a method to get the rows
displayed.
>
> --
> --------------------------------------------------------
> Rik Brooks
> Author of 'The Definitive DataWindow'
> Rik's PowerBuilder Dojo
> http://www.1313mockingbirdlane.com/dojo
> "Marc RIVOAL" <mrivoal@monoprix.fr> wrote in message
> news:TGRWPWxEAHA.203@forums.sybase.com...
> > > First question is: how many rows SHOULD be returned?
> >         500 rows
> >
> > > Second question is:  What script is in the RetrieveRow event (when
there
> > > is script there)?
> >        st_comment.text = String(THIS.RowCount())
> >   But it does not work again (sometimes) if I put this line in comment.
> The
> > only way to work at every time is to have
> > no script in this event.
> > When it does not work the number of rows is sometimes 1, sometimes
450...
> >
> > > Third question:  Is this PB client/server, a PB component in EAServer,
> > > etc?
> > This is PB client/server with :
> >     Server : Database Oracle 7.3.4.4
> >     Client : Sqlnet 8.0.5
> >
> > Thanks already for your answer.
> >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Marc
8/31/2000 11:14:45 AM
What version of PB are you using?

Also, it sounds like something you may want to call in to Sybase Tech
Support and report as a bug.

Can you create a small application that shows this behavior
consistently?  If so, giving that to Tech Support will make it a lot
easier to track the bug down.

steve
[TeamSybase]

Marc RIVOAL wrote:
> 
> When it says 450 rows there are only 450 rows, but I execute Retrieve
> without script in RetrieveRow there are 500. This "bug" arrive even there is
> only comments in event.
> But it is not systematic( About 1 time / 50)... strange...
> 
> Richard Brooks <pbrooks@austin.rr.com> a �crit dans le message :
> 54lds5yEAHA.203@forums.sybase.com...
> > OK, next question is, when it says 450 rows, are there only 450 rows or
> are
> > there really 500?
> >
> > In any case, you might want to change your code from
> >
> > st_comment.text = String(this.rowCount())
> >
> > to
> >
> > st_comment.text = String(row) // use the argument to the event.
> >
> > If you decide to add code to the RetrieveEnd then be sure to use the
> > argument to the event instead of calling a method to get the rows
> displayed.
> >
> > --
> > --------------------------------------------------------
> > Rik Brooks
> > Author of 'The Definitive DataWindow'
> > Rik's PowerBuilder Dojo
> > http://www.1313mockingbirdlane.com/dojo
> > "Marc RIVOAL" <mrivoal@monoprix.fr> wrote in message
> > news:TGRWPWxEAHA.203@forums.sybase.com...
> > > > First question is: how many rows SHOULD be returned?
> > >         500 rows
> > >
> > > > Second question is:  What script is in the RetrieveRow event (when
> there
> > > > is script there)?
> > >        st_comment.text = String(THIS.RowCount())
> > >   But it does not work again (sometimes) if I put this line in comment.
> > The
> > > only way to work at every time is to have
> > > no script in this event.
> > > When it does not work the number of rows is sometimes 1, sometimes
> 450...
> > >
> > > > Third question:  Is this PB client/server, a PB component in EAServer,
> > > > etc?
> > > This is PB client/server with :
> > >     Server : Database Oracle 7.3.4.4
> > >     Client : Sqlnet 8.0.5
> > >
> > > Thanks already for your answer.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
0
Steve
8/31/2000 4:09:16 PM
I found the problem. There is timer event which is called every minut, and
in this event there is an access to the Database. So when the Retrieve is
working and event timer start ==> The number of rows is wrong.

Thanks for all the answers

Steve Katz [TeamSybase] <skatz@sybase.com> a �crit dans le message :
39AE832C.860C56C0@sybase.com...
> What version of PB are you using?
>
> Also, it sounds like something you may want to call in to Sybase Tech
> Support and report as a bug.
>
> Can you create a small application that shows this behavior
> consistently?  If so, giving that to Tech Support will make it a lot
> easier to track the bug down.
>
> steve
> [TeamSybase]
>
> Marc RIVOAL wrote:
> >
> > When it says 450 rows there are only 450 rows, but I execute Retrieve
> > without script in RetrieveRow there are 500. This "bug" arrive even
there is
> > only comments in event.
> > But it is not systematic( About 1 time / 50)... strange...
> >
> > Richard Brooks <pbrooks@austin.rr.com> a �crit dans le message :
> > 54lds5yEAHA.203@forums.sybase.com...
> > > OK, next question is, when it says 450 rows, are there only 450 rows
or
> > are
> > > there really 500?
> > >
> > > In any case, you might want to change your code from
> > >
> > > st_comment.text = String(this.rowCount())
> > >
> > > to
> > >
> > > st_comment.text = String(row) // use the argument to the event.
> > >
> > > If you decide to add code to the RetrieveEnd then be sure to use the
> > > argument to the event instead of calling a method to get the rows
> > displayed.
> > >
> > > --
> > > --------------------------------------------------------
> > > Rik Brooks
> > > Author of 'The Definitive DataWindow'
> > > Rik's PowerBuilder Dojo
> > > http://www.1313mockingbirdlane.com/dojo
> > > "Marc RIVOAL" <mrivoal@monoprix.fr> wrote in message
> > > news:TGRWPWxEAHA.203@forums.sybase.com...
> > > > > First question is: how many rows SHOULD be returned?
> > > >         500 rows
> > > >
> > > > > Second question is:  What script is in the RetrieveRow event (when
> > there
> > > > > is script there)?
> > > >        st_comment.text = String(THIS.RowCount())
> > > >   But it does not work again (sometimes) if I put this line in
comment.
> > > The
> > > > only way to work at every time is to have
> > > > no script in this event.
> > > > When it does not work the number of rows is sometimes 1, sometimes
> > 450...
> > > >
> > > > > Third question:  Is this PB client/server, a PB component in
EAServer,
> > > > > etc?
> > > > This is PB client/server with :
> > > >     Server : Database Oracle 7.3.4.4
> > > >     Client : Sqlnet 8.0.5
> > > >
> > > > Thanks already for your answer.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >


0
Marc
9/4/2000 1:56:06 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Retrieverow event problem?
Hi, I have encountered what I believe to be a bug with the retrieveRow of a DW. Before I go and report a problem, I wanted some feedback to see if I'm missing something. There exists a large number of rows in the table behind our DW sql. The process is a price rounding feature where the user adjusts costing figures of their inventory. So, rather than retrieving all rows and showing these adjusted figures, we allow them to preview the affect of the changes they are about to make by setting retrieve as needed on the DW, and making the adjustement to the cost as rows are retri...

Datawindow event problem?
Dear All, I have an user object call uo_date, and on the user object uo_date, it has a datawindow pasted on it. In the datawindow, there are four column, but one of it is a DropDownListBox. The problem is that while executed the program, when I make any change on the column, it can trigger the editchanged event. But when i choose in the DropDownListBox, it CANNOT trigger the editchanged event. Why? How can I solve that problem? Thank You Very Much ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Hi, Why do you need editc...

Problems in RetrieveRow event
Hi, all I have a problem in event RetrieveRow in moment of retrieve. I'm need to obtain the data of a column in current row of retrieve. But I cannot get this value. Anyone can Help me? Thanks -- OBS.: Este e-mail criar� outro na Caixa de Sa�da do seu gerenciador de correio, que identificar� o retorno de recebimento do mesmo. ATT.: This e-mail will create other in your send-box of the e-mail manager, that same will identify the return of this message. Maycon Oleczinski maycon@ciss.com.br �rea de Desenvolvimento Development Area CISS Inform�tica ...

Problems in RetrieveRow event
Hi, all I have a problem in event RetrieveRow in moment of retrieve. I'm need to obtain the data of a column in current row of retrieve. But I cannot get this value. Anyone can Help me? Thanks -- OBS.: Este e-mail criar� outro na Caixa de Sa�da do seu gerenciador de correio, que identificar� o retorno de recebimento do mesmo. ATT.: This e-mail will create other in your send-box of the e-mail manager, that same will identify the return of this message. Maycon Oleczinski maycon@ciss.com.br �rea de Desenvolvimento Development Area CISS Inform�tica ...

RetrieveRow Datawindow event
Hi, I'm getting troubled by a persistent error while issuing a select statement inside the retrieverow event of a datawindow. The story goes like this. You insert this select statement inside the retrieverow event: select count (*) INTO :variable from TABLE; return 0 The preceding piece of code makes my application program display an error window with the phrase 'Select Error ORA-24334: no descriptor for this position'. Why should it fail? If you have previously encountered this trouble or know how to deal with it please email me the hints. Thank you. ...

Problems in RetrieveRow event
Hi, all I have a problem in event RetrieveRow in moment of retrieve. I'm need to obtain the data of a column in current row of retrieve. But I cannot get this value. Anyone can Help me? Thanks -- OBS.: Este e-mail criar� outro na Caixa de Sa�da do seu gerenciador de correio, que identificar� o retorno de recebimento do mesmo. ATT.: This e-mail will create other in your send-box of the e-mail manager, that same will identify the return of this message. Maycon Oleczinski maycon@ciss.com.br �rea de Desenvolvimento Development Area CISS Inform�tica ...

Problems in RetrieveRow event
Hi, all I have a problem in event RetrieveRow in moment of retrieve. I'm need to obtain the data of a column in current row of retrieve. But I cannot get this value. Anyone can Help me? Thanks -- OBS.: Este e-mail criar� outro na Caixa de Sa�da do seu gerenciador de correio, que identificar� o retorno de recebimento do mesmo. ATT.: This e-mail will create other in your send-box of the e-mail manager, that same will identify the return of this message. Maycon Oleczinski maycon@ciss.com.br �rea de Desenvolvimento Development Area CISS Inform�tica ...

Datawindow event problem?
Dear All, I have an user object call uo_date, and on the user object uo_date, it has a datawindow pasted on it. In the datawindow, there are four column, but one of it is a DropDownListBox. The problem is that while executed the program, when I make any change on the column, it can trigger the editchanged event. But when i choose in the DropDownListBox, it CANNOT trigger the editchanged event. Why? How can I solve that problem? Thank You Very Much ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Please don't cross-post ...

Problems in RetrieveRow event
Hi, all I have a problem in event RetrieveRow in moment of retrieve. I'm need to obtain the data of a column in current row of retrieve. But I cannot get this value. Anyone can Help me? Thanks -- OBS.: Este e-mail criar� outro na Caixa de Sa�da do seu gerenciador de correio, que identificar� o retorno de recebimento do mesmo. ATT.: This e-mail will create other in your send-box of the e-mail manager, that same will identify the return of this message. Maycon Oleczinski maycon@ciss.com.br �rea de Desenvolvimento Development Area CISS Inform�tica ...

Datawindow event problem?
Dear All, I have an user object call uo_date, and on the user object uo_date, it has a datawindow pasted on it. In the datawindow, there are four column, but one of it is a DropDownListBox. The problem is that while executed the program, when I make any change on the column, it can trigger the editchanged event. But when i choose in the DropDownListBox, it CANNOT trigger the editchanged event. Why? How can I solve that problem? Thank You Very Much ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp I think you need to use Item...

Problems in RetrieveRow event
Hi, all I have a problem in event RetrieveRow in moment of retrieve. I'm need to obtain the data of a column in current row of retrieve. But I cannot get this value. Anyone can Help me? Thanks -- OBS.: Este e-mail criar� outro na Caixa de Sa�da do seu gerenciador de correio, que identificar� o retorno de recebimento do mesmo. ATT.: This e-mail will create other in your send-box of the e-mail manager, that same will identify the return of this message. Maycon Oleczinski maycon@ciss.com.br �rea de Desenvolvimento Development Area CISS Inform�tica ...

retrieverow event with nested datawindow
Hi, I have two DW dw1 and dw2 having the same structure (same SELECT), but the second one has a nested DW inside. At runtime, I retrieve rows for the first DW (the one without nested DW) and then SHARE the data with the second DW: dw1.ShareData(dw2). As the second DW has a nested report, PB retrieves then automatically the detail of each rows. This is just fine. Now, I would like to allow the user to abort the data retrieving for the detail (asynchronous mode). My question: neither the sqlpreview, nor the retrieverow event of the second DW control is triggered when PB retri...

Event problem after setfullstate in the datawindow ?
Hi, After I received the blob from the Jaguar component and applied in the datawindow using setfullstate() method, the datawindow's item changed event is not executing. But the data is copyied in the datawindow successfully. The setfullstate method returns 1 as return code. But if I comment the line having the setfullstate() method, the item change event is executing How to solve this problem? Any one can help me? TIA ...

Problems with KeyDown event in Datawindow
Hi, I can't seem to get the KeyDown event to work in my datawindows. I am using PB 7.0.2 Build 8046. I have an event "ue_keydown" mapped to event id "pbm_dwnkey". The code is simple: IF KeyDown(KeyF1!) THEN MessageBox("Test", "F1 Key Pressed") END IF Not only does the message box not appear, this event does not seem to get triggered. I've tried to debug it but it never stops at the breakpoint in this script. I've tried mapping the event to pbm_syskeydown as well as pbm_keydown. Both with the same result. This used ...

Web resources about - Problem with event Retrieverow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Resources last updated: 1/16/2016 8:52:01 PM