Problem in updating a stored procedure datawindow

Hi
I am facing a problem while updating stored procedure
datawindow. I am using PB 9 and MSSQL Server 7.0.
The Stored Procedure which is fired for inserting into a
table , a trigger is written on this table.
Last line of trigger is creating problem is as follows -
UPDATETEXT Keane_Log.details @ptrval NULL 0 WITH LOG @tmp

When dw_1.Update() is issued it is giving following error -
SQLDBCODE 999
ERRTEXT - Number of parameter do not agree

When the above mentioned line is commented in trigger and
dw_update() is fired then it is successfully updating data.

Alternatively if datawindow is made of table instead of
stored procedure and dw_1.Update() is fired then process
complets successfully , even with this line in trigger -

UPDATETEXT Keane_Log.details @ptrval NULL 0 WITH LOG @tmp

Is some thing wrong with Updatable stored procedure data
window.

Looking forward for reply.

Regards

Shambhu
0
Shambhu

Problem calling stored procedure for datawindow update
Hi All, I have a datawindow that uses stored procedures for update, insert, and delete. One of the arguments of the Insert stored procedure is mapped to a computed column. The problem I am having is that the Argument is of type SmallInt, and even though my computed column evaluates to a numeric value, it always tries to send the value as Varchar. If I try to access the computed column with powerscript I must use the GetItemNumber function, so I know the datawindow sees my computed column as a numeric type, so why does it convert it to Varchar to send it to the stored procedure? Is ...

problem with a stored procedure datawindow
I often work with datawindow based on oracle stored procedure and i never had any problem except with one. This datawindow works fine during 3 hours (approximately) and then becomes invalid. The error is : ORA-06553: PLS-707: structure non prise en charge ou erreur interne [2601] ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 16:|PL/SQL: Statement ignored| which seems to be an internal error... I thought it was an instance problem and i shutdown the database and re-start it but the problem is still the same. Datawindow based on stored procedure used a cursor that is never closed. Can the problem be ...

Powerbuilder datawindow + stored procedure
database ASA 7 When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow from a stored procedure. Is a stored procedure running faster because the database remembers the execution plan? Thanks Eric "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote: > database ASA 7 > > When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the > columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow > from a stored procedure. > > Is a stored...

Datawindow against Stored Procedure problem
Has anyone had problems creating a datawindow against a database stored procedure? I have a simple stored procedure that returns a result set. When I try to create a tabular datawindow against the stored procedure, I click 'finish' and PocketBuilder simply disappears (without even the standard 'do you want to send the report to Microsoft' dialog box!). Thanks! Michael Frank ASA9 version 9.0.2 build 3044 PocketBuilder 2.0.1 build 688 I have no problems with this (I am running ASA 9.0.2.3124 in my tests). "Michael Frank" <mfrank.removeme...

Stored Procedure
Hi, I created a datawindow by using stored proc as datasource in PB 6.0. Db is sqlany 5.5.04. On one machine, when I tried to retrieve same datawindow from same database, it is retrieving. But on another machine, it's giving me the error column list do not match. Is it related to pbodb60.ini file? Or with Powerbuilder profile( dbparm )? I tried to change static bind = 0 to 1, but result is same. Has anyone seen before? What is the problem? TIA -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id ...

Problem with stored procedure datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C08078.36D407B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have converted a datawindow that had a SQL Select to a Stored = Procedure that is retrieved on a page using the HTML generator. Now the = datawindow will not retrieve. I have tried setting the weight of the = datawindow in the dw painter to all options and still no luck. I have = even hardcoded values in the retrieveex script and the datawindow does = not return any rows. The SQL Select dat...

datawindow Stored Procedure Update
I'm using Oracle 9.2 and the evaluation version of datawindow.net. When I select my stored procedure for insert/update I can find my proc but the parameters that are auto-selected are correct in number but all the argument names get lost. The first three are ok but the rest are truncated and anywhere from 4 to 8 characters long. The first one is ok but then the 3rd one seems to blend with the 2nd one and so forth. I suppose I can re-type them all in but in a large table that sucks... any ideas? begin 666 funny params.jpg M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!``$`8 !@``#__@`?3$5!1"!496-H;...

Datawindow with Stored Procedure Problem
I get the message "Select error: Requested result set number 1 not found" from a datawindow when my Stored Procedure does not get a result set. It works fine when there is data returned. Normally, when no data is returned I just get zero rows returned without an error message. The Stored Procedure works fine when no data is returned outside of PB. I am using PB 7.0.2 C3 with Sybase 11. Any one have any thoughts on this one? TIA Ted Jones If you are using a datawindow, you HAVE to have a result set. That result set could contain 0 rows. If your stored procedure has a...

Problems with stored procedures in a datawindow
Hi- I'm using an external datawindow which uses stored procedures for insert,=20 delete and update. I always insert a row and if I want to delete or modify a row, I fill in=20 the datawindow with the corresponding information. In order to execute the = appropriate stored procedure, I change the status flags of the row to=20 DataModified! using the SetItemStatus method (and call the deleteRow()=20 method if I want to delete the row). After that, I set the transaction I=20 want the datawindow to use and call the datawindow's of=5Fupdate() method. It executes the stored p...

store procedure datawindow problem
In sybase ASE 11.5, I wrote such a store procedure: CREATE PROCEDURE up_myproc (@arg_parm1 char(40), @arg_parm2 char(40) ) AS CREATE TABLE #temp_alertlist( steprec_id decimal(18,0), ifalert char(1), type char(255), content_1 char(255) null, content_2 char(255) null, content_3 char(255) null, content_4 char(255) null, windowname char(255) null ) Insert into #temp_alertlist values(....) SELECT * FROM #temp_alertlist In pb8, I made a datawindow from this store procedure, when I preview it, it returns the correct results, but when I put this datawindow in my ...

Oracle stored procedure problems with datawindows
Currently using oracle 8 and using a stored procedure as a source for a datawindow. when the procedure is asscoiated with the datawindow it comes up with an oracle error stating that the variabels have not been initalised. The stored proc has two in variables and an inout. Has any one had this problem and found a solution. I had this problem. But I was necessary execute a stored procedure from the script. When I checked my connect string to Oracle database in the connect script and my connect string in the database profile I found a solution this problem. For example: My con...

Datawindow Updation created out of stored procedures
Could anyone tell me the way to update a datawindow that has been created from stored procedure as the data source ? Create some stored procedures to be used for the update, and call them from the SQL preview event. On Thu, 03 Feb 2000 08:22:03 +0530, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote: >Could anyone tell me the way to update a datawindow that has been >created from stored procedure >as the data source ? > > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | KFORCE.com mailto:Bruce.Armstron...

Using Stored Procedures for Datawindow updates
We have an application that is running very slowly over our LAN and we are at looking at using Stored Procedures where possible to cut down on the network 'chatter'. What's the best way to do datawindow updates with Stored Procedures or is it even a good way to do it? What is happening is that we are updating multiple datawindows and waiting for the udpate return code from each update before issueing the next update. If all are successfull, we issue the commit, otherwise we roll back. The problem is that since we haven't issued the commit/rollback, the ro...

Jaguar, datawindows and stored procedure updates
Are there any known issues on using stored procedure updates from Jaguar. I have a datawindow that I created that uses a stored procedure update. When I do a getfullstate after the initial retrieve Jaguar freezes up. If I turn off the stored procedure update getfullstate works fine. TIA, -Jeff Are you deploying to NT or Solaris. I haven't had any problems when deploying to NT but there seem to be issues with Solaris. I have logged a case with Sybase. They have reproduced the problem. I was told it has been sent to a senior engineer to look at. I don't have the case # ha...

Web resources about - Problem in updating a stored procedure datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo