Problem getting focus in fields containing date and datetime

I've PB 5.0.4 on NT 4 with several applications which use different
databases (Oracle, Informix and Access).
My problem refers to only one of these (the Oracle one): when a field (in a
datawindow or in a window) get focus, the editing size is reduced. The fact
is that I have a lot of date field that crash becouse of the field size is
measured.
My colleagues does'n have the problem in spite of the sources are the same
(but the OS is different, they have windows 95-98)
Probably this is since I've installed PB 7 on my machine.

Thanks
Matteo

0
Matteo

Date fields under NT4 have this problem even in PB 6.5.  If the field isn't
quite big enough and the adjustment is 'centered', PB goes back and forth
trying to format the date until it crashes.  The 'not big enough' problem
can sometimes come from the version of the Arial font that is installed with
Office 2000, or a user setting 'large fonts'.  The solution is simply to
make the field wider, and test under the worst case.

Matteo Sirotti wrote in message ...
>I've PB 5.0.4 on NT 4 with several applications which use different
>databases (Oracle, Informix and Access).
>My problem refers to only one of these (the Oracle one): when a field (in a
>datawindow or in a window) get focus, the editing size is reduced. The fact
>is that I have a lot of date field that crash becouse of the field size is
>measured.
>My colleagues does'n have the problem in spite of the sources are the same
>(but the OS is different, they have windows 95-98)
>Probably this is since I've installed PB 7 on my machine.
>
>Thanks
>Matteo

0
Jerry
6/13/2000 7:06:15 PM
If it doesn't matter, try left justification first.  If that crashes, resize
the column somewhat.

---
Stephen Dupre
Sybase Product Support
Concord, MA

Matteo Sirotti wrote:

> I've PB 5.0.4 on NT 4 with several applications which use different
> databases (Oracle, Informix and Access).
> My problem refers to only one of these (the Oracle one): when a field (in a
> datawindow or in a window) get focus, the editing size is reduced. The fact
> is that I have a lot of date field that crash becouse of the field size is
> measured.
> My colleagues does'n have the problem in spite of the sources are the same
> (but the OS is different, they have windows 95-98)
> Probably this is since I've installed PB 7 on my machine.
>
> Thanks
> Matteo

Stephen

problem with inserting date in a datetime field
Hi, I have a problem when I insert a date in a datetime field in a MSSQLServer. That's my problem: if the server is in english version, I have to insert date with this code: DateTime.Today.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy") instead if the server is in italian version, I have to insert date with this code: DateTime.Today.ToString("dd/MM/yyyy") Is there a way to insert a date in standard way, without knowing the server version? bye and thanks in advance I usually find that yyyy-mm-dd does the trick. But I can't swear it will always work. Actually ...

getting just the date or from DateTime field
Hi, I have used smalldatetime datatype to store my date and time values. i want to store just the date or time but the problem is it stores both the date and time. For eg, if i add the the date 03/11/2004, it also the stores the current time automatically. so the new value will be something like 03/11/2004 10:00:00 AM where i want just 03/11/2004. further problem is even though i managed to store just the date like 03/11/2004 in the database, whole date and time shows up when i display it in my pages. any help will be appreciated. thanx,-keeara g------------------ If i want to dis...

Printing Problems for Datawindow contain large fields
I am using PB4.0.7 with SQL Anywhere 5.5. I have two problems in report printing that contain large data fields (like 100 lines with 65 char each) 1. When the large data field is printed across 2 page, the last line in the first page is splitted into two halves (i.e. upper half in the first page and lower half in the second page). 2. When using autosize height for data field, it seems it will trim the preceeding spaces automaically. For example: The data reads as this in the multiline box if no autosize height set. This is line one. This is line two with some space at the b...

select statement to get date from datetime field... help
Hi All, Could someone please help how to compose select statement to get date only from date/time field in ms access? In sql server there is convert function but i have ms access here... Regards, Paul   You can use the Format function. See #8 in http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6135056.htmlIf this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you! That's a useful article Johan has linked to, but my preference is to get the whole value of the field out of Access, then use string formatting in ASP.NET to change the way it displays: http://www.m...

get only date from a date with a datetime format
i have a problem with dates when it comes to searchingbasically, SQL searches for a date including the seconds,but i only need to date so that in any given time, it will yield a result.here's a part of my code-behind code: reqNo = RequisitionsLogic.GetReqNoByDate(currentDate, requestorCode)and here's the SQL statement created in a TableAdapter:SELECT RequisitionNoFROM RequisitionsWHERE (RequisitionDate = @RequisitionDate) AND (RequestorCode = @RequestorCode) take a look with this, don't just accept influenceshttp://thedailyarr.tkhttp://www.ftpx.com/index...

get a date from two date field
how to use a stored procedure to get a date which is start_date + due_date. stare_date and due_date are data field. dats type are smalldatetime. database is SQL 2000.   Give an example of what you want..... Do you want something like 12/12/2005 12/25/2005 ? Eric RamseurRainbow Portal 2.0 AdminDownload Rainbow 2.0!!Rainbow Code Rainbow Portal CommunityC# 2005 Group I need a date, 60 days before start date +  due days. For example, start is 12/03/2005(smalldatetime) Due days is 20(int).   start date + due day - 60 is 10/23/2005. that's what I...

DateTime field in DetailsView- problem to convert dd/MM/YYYY date format
Hi guys, In my DetailsView I have a TextBox control which is inside a TemplateField tag. The textbox field holds a DateTime value:  <asp:TextBox ID="T_ValidFrom" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("ValidFrom") %>' Width="70px"></asp:TextBox> ValideFrom is a public property in my DAL class which my ObjectDataSource is bounded. Now on DetailsView1.InsertItem(false); I get an error: Cannot convert value of parameter 'ValidFrom' from 'System.String' to 'System.DateTime' In my config file I have <globalization culture="en-IE" uiCulture="en-IE" /> and I have insp...

getting a date picker widget for a date field
The tutes say to bind the field to an xsd:date to get a date picker. I do that. The example works fine for static pages. Great. However when I try to incorporate this into my form, where the instance is loaded dynamically like this: <xf:submission action="retrieve.php" method="post" replace="instance" instance="mydata" id="retrieve" /> I get the form and data filled out fine, but no date picker for date fields. Ok so maybe I need to bind after the submit is done, so I add this: <xf:send submission="re...

Converting Date field and Time field to DateTime
D2007 We are converting data for a new customer. The old data has a field for 'updt-dt' which is a Date field. The old data has a field for 'updt-tm' which is an Integer field. We need to combine to have a DateTimeStamp. var OldDate, OldTime : TDateTime; looping FieldNameFrom := 'updt-dt'; FieldNameFrom2 := 'updt-tm'; if (not FieldByName(FieldNameFrom).IsNull) and (not FieldByName(FieldNameFrom2).IsNull) then begin Day := 0; Month := 0; Year := 0; ...

Get date portion from DateTime (with DateTime property)
    private string _Date;    public string Date    {        get { return _Date; }        set { _Date = value; }    } objDados.Date = Convert.ToDateTime(drResult["APP_DATE"]).Date.ToString("dd/MM/yyyy"); If I replace _Date from string to DateTime, how can I get only date portion from DateTime? ThanksBest regards,Ivan Andrade Hi  you could always copy it. But I'd put the Date property to be of DateTime type. Something like:  &...

Webservice serialization
I have a problem when serializing both date and time inside a complex type.  A function is exposed in webservice which accepts a complex type as i/p -TestDateSerialisation Fields of TestDateSerialisation -TestTimeField - another type defined belowTestDateField - Date field Namefield - string. Field of TestTimeField TestTime - time. Problem: When I deploy the webservice in machine 1 and machine 2, I get 2 different wsdl. machine 1 - IIS 5.1, windows XP Proffesional SP2, .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration (version 2.0.50727.42)o/p obtained - TestDateField is shown as  type - ...

Problem with date fields !!
Hi folks !! I have a peculiar problem w.r.t datawindow columns of type date.We are using findrequired to check for null columns in the datawindow.we have set the required field and empty string is null option for all the columns in the datawindow.It works fine and we are able to trap the required columns.The problem occurs when a field type is date and the format to be shown is dd/mm/yyyy.Since findrequired does not work with fields with edit masks we cannot set an edit mask of dd/mm/yyyy to the date columns.So we took an alternative.We set the edit style for the date columns as ...

problem with date fields
Name: asvk sastry Email: asvksastryatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problem with date fields Comments: After entering date of birth information for usa visa application in www.vfs-usa.co.in web page and on cliking on submit button on the page produced undefined date char exception while the same worked well if the same web page is loaded in Internet explorer Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9 ...

DATE field problem
Folks I m trying to check the DATE field validation. I am trying to update this date field value in the database and before that I have to check the validity. If there is a date value then format it in the form and if it is not there add an empty string or add null value. I m adding the update statement also for ur ref. If IsDate(DOB.Text) Then DOB.Text = Format(DOB.Text, "MM/dd/yyyy") Else DOB.Text = " " End If strSQL = " UPDATE Persons " strSQL += " set lngSSN ='" & SSN.Text &...

Web resources about - Problem getting focus in fields containing date and datetime - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Police probe ‘terror link’ in Punjab SP car-jack, abduction
A statewide alert has been issued by Punjab Police, and the Army’s units in Pathankot as well as the police in Jammu are also monitoring the ...

'Unforgettable' singer Natalie Cole dead at 65
Grammy-winning singer Natalie Cole, whose biggest hit came in a virtual duet with her late father, pop legend Nat King Cole, of his decades-old ...

‘Force Awakens’ Overtakes ‘Jurassic World’ & ‘Titanic’ Tonight; Set To Topple ‘Avatar’ All-Time Domestic ...
Refresh for updates Early Friday PM industry figures show Disney’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens making $35M today, raising its cume through 15 ...

Ohio State Buckeyes Blast Past Notre Dame Fighting Irish In BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl Win
Ohio State proved to be too much for Notre Dame as the Buckeyes trounced the Fighting Irish in a 44-28 win at the BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, ...

Terrorist Organization Features Donald Trump In New Recruitment Video
Maybe Hillary Clinton doesn’t need to apologize to Donald Trump after all. During the Democratic presidential debate last month, the Democratic ...

Judge rejects Camille Cosby request to halt deposition
A federal judge has denied a request by lawyers for Camille Cosby, Bill Cosby's wife of more than 50 years, to be excused from an upcoming deposition ...

Using Cubii’s elliptical trainer is one of my New Year’s resolutions
I sit at my desk and write posts all day for my job. My fingers get a lot of exercise, but not the rest of me. That’s why I’m looking forward ...

Christian McCaffrey and Stanford turn the Rose Bowl into a laugher at Iowa's ...
Los Angeles Times Christian McCaffrey and Stanford turn the Rose Bowl into a laugher at Iowa's ... Los Angeles Times Photos from the 102nd ...

Erdoğan cites Hitler's Germany as example of effective government - World news - The Guardian
Turkey’s president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is pushing to change his ceremonial role to chief executive as in US and Russia

Clinton raises $55 million in fourth quarter: campaign
U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton raised $55 million in the last three months of 2015, her campaign said on Friday. The ...