Problem Created Nested Report Object On Report DataWindow

Hi All
I'm using PB703 Build 10213.

I face a problem creating a Sub-Report Object on an existing Report Data
window.
When ever I try to do this the system crushes.

I also tried to copy an existing sub-report object from another datawindow.
In this case the system does not crush, but all columns on the main
datawindow, having a ddlb edit style, loose the ddlb information. (Even if
you define them again, when you close & reopen the datawindwo, they are
gone)!

Any help appreciated

Thanks In Advance
    Stelios

0
Stelios

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Datawindow with report object! How to get a doubleClick in report
PB 9.0 I have a datawindow with a report object ( a datawindow with detail information ) How is it possible to determine the rownumber, when the user makes a doubleclick in the report object ?? Thanks for any help Peter GetObjectAtPointer()? -- This is a FAQ, read Help, then search www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovic@gmx.net> wrote in message news:3fcafbcd$1@forums-1-dub... > PB 9.0 > > I have a datawindow with a report object ( a datawindow wi...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

a problem of datawindow report object
I make a datawindow,which use report object.When I retrieve it,I can not see some fields of the datawindow,how can I let some fields in new page ? ...

Describe("DataWindow.Objects") Functionality for Report DataWindow object Doesn't Work
Hello there. I want to change the nested report object(s) attributes. I had used Describe() function to get objects -("DataWindow.Objects"). After removing the tab spaces I was able to get the object name within that DW. By checking the Attributes -(ls_obj + ".Attributes") I came to know by finding "nested_argument" that the current object is (nested) report. Now if I assigned this object to the DDDWChild/Any variable it gives error either at compilation or at run time. If I created a datastore locally & assigned the dataobject of the current ...

Report object in the DataWindow Object
Hello all...We have PB9.03 and I am trying to create a Report Object within my DataWindow Object. My question is whether there is any way that a Report Object can have a Horizontal and Vertical Scrollbar? I've tried everything and don't seem to be able to produce one. > Hello all...We have PB9.03 and I am trying to create a > Report Object within my DataWindow Object. My question is > whether there is any way that a Report Object can have a > Horizontal and Vertical Scrollbar? Nope, there isn't any way ...

Nested Reports
I have a composite datawindow with several nested reports. All the nested reports have a datawindow object assigned to them. I want to change the datawindow object assigned to a nested report through a PowerScript function call (Probably Modify?). How do I do this? What is the syntax? Thanks in advance. Joe Suchy <jsuchy@casecorp.com> wrote in article <3488744E.F8206225@casecorp.com>... > I have a composite datawindow with several nested reports. All the > nested reports have a datawindow object assigned to them. I want to > change the datawindow obj...

How to Create nested report in composite datawindow
What I try to do is to create a nested datawindow in a composite datawindow, this nested datawindow is created dynamicly according to an Datawindow syntax string. My problem is: Since the nested datawindow is dynamicly generated,it isn't exist in one library, so there is no dataobject.When I retrieve data using the composite datawindow,it tell me:"Load of nested report failed" My initial idea: I want to develope a control enable user to easily insert objects Such as: Text,picture,datawindow(report) and so on.The user can move and resize the objects.They can also chan...

Problem with autosizing nested report on datawindow
Hi. I am having a very strange problem with a datawindow. I am using PB 7.0, build 8025, accessing a MS SQL 7.0 database. My problem is, I have a column on my datawindow that is defined as a text datatype in the database. I set the autosize for this column to true, and the autosize for the detail band to true. This works fine. The problem comes in when I add a nested report to the detail band. When I do this, the datawindow retrieves somewhere around 5 million pages. (I only have three records in my database). Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here? Thanks in advance...

Problem in creating Datawindow report with huge data
Hi, I am using PB 5.0 with MS SQL 6.5. I have 3 datawindows on window. In DW_1 i am retrieving data (100 records)from one table. In DW_2 i am retrieving data (120000 records) using stored procedure from 3 tables. The problem is in DW_3 in which i am generating report . First i select a record in DW_1 based on that i have to filter in DW_2 after that i have to take the values from DW_2 and set it in DW_3 which is taking almost 5Min to filter the DW_2. Here i can not pass the where clause arguments before retrieving.If this is the case when i have 2000 records in DW_1 just imagine...

Crystal Report in Datawindow Report
Hi All, I want to include crystal report in Powerbuilder datawindow. How can I do this?. Can anyone help me in this regard. Thanks in advance for any help, Smith I have never done this myself. But I went to Dejanews.com and searched for crystal report & powerbuilder and found the following, hope it will help you. Our company (ASTEN) has developed a Crystal Report interface that made Powerbuilder application Crystal-enabled. This interface is based on the Crystal Report Print Engine API. This interface include the following features : - invoking a crystal repor...

Modify a text object in a nested report object before execute the report
I'm trying to modify the text object in a nested report. I'm using this syntax: dw_report.Object.nested[1].Object.textobject.text = "Work Please" When I run the report and the nested report has rows this works very well. However when the nested report hasn't rows or it's not created because the report that contains it wasn't executed yet (but the report is created, not retrieved), this syntax returns this error :Error Accessing external Object property Object. If is possible, how I can change a property of a nested report before it's retrie...

nested reports in nested report
Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw. I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and moving som columns - it's a grid report) But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and change the width of i with the syntax dwobject dwo_1 dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1 dwo_1.width = 3000 But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried dwobject dwo_2 dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2 // fails at runtime Does anyone have a sugg...

Modify a text object in a nested report object before execute the report
I'm trying to modify the text object in a nested report. I'm using this syntax: dw_report.Object.nested[1].Object.textobject.text = "Work Please" When I run the report and the nested report has rows this works very well. However when the nested report hasn't rows or it's not created because the report that contains it wasn't executed yet (but the report is created, not retrieved), this syntax returns this error :Error Accessing external Object property Object. If is possible, how I can change a property of a nested report before it's retrieve...

Web resources about - Problem Created Nested Report Object On Report DataWindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo