Printing to file from PowerBuilder

Hello,

Can anybody please tell me how can I print to file using Power Builder? I
have Power Builder 7.

I am trying to print the content of a data window.

I can use: dw_list.Print() to print to the default printer, but how can I
print it to file?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Joan

0
Ghost

Set the DataWindow.Print.FileName property for the datawindow object.

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:07:51 +0200,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Ghost <joanna.elkhoury@amyuni.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Can anybody please tell me how can I print to file using Power Builder? I
>have Power Builder 7.
>
>I am trying to print the content of a data window.
>
>I can use: dw_list.Print() to print to the default printer, but how can I
>print it to file?
>
>Thank you and have a nice day.
>
>Joan

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce

Powerbuilder,Printing a file
Is there any way I can print a file from within Powerbuilder. I see lots of Print functions in the online help, but nothing that will let me point to a file. I'm running Powerbuilder 7.0 Win98 Thanks Hi, If it is a local printer use the port as the file name, if on the network use the full path. i_file = FileOpen('\\server\printer', LineMode!, Write!) Works with text mode. If you wish to print graphics requires other tech. (Technique provided by Jerry Siegel) S. Bokhari =============================================== "Mary Dupelle" <m.dup...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

Print a pdf file in powerbuilder
Hello How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You Very Much!!! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp To be able to print to PDF you need to have Adobe Acrobat PDFWriter installed on your machine. To make it easier to implement printing to PDF you can get the printer utility for PB apps from www.powerwhizz.com. They provide you with the source-code that...

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ?
hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin If you are using powerbuilder 9, you will need to download and install ghostscript. Once you get that install, you should be able to print pdf files. But if you already have Adobe Distiller, you might be able to just print to distiller. try PrintSetup() to setup the distiller printer, then print the datawindow. HTH James "Gino Lin" <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3FA5E586.113733CC@hotmail.com... > hello: &...

print excel file from powerbuilder
Using pb 10.5 I have an excel filename. I want to print this excel filename behind the scenes. That is I do want the user to see excel load the file and for them to have to hit the print from excel. I want to automate this in PowerBuilder, any way to do this? You could use OLE Automation or you could use the ShellExecute Windows API function and send it the "print" command. On 30 May 2008 05:31:39 -0700, Sharon wrote: >Using pb 10.5 >I have an excel filename. >I want to print this excel filename behind the scenes. That >is I do want the user to see ex...

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder
hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin Hello, This newsgroup is for Open Client, Open Server and SDK. You might want to post your question to one of the PowerBuilder newsgroups: http://www.sybase.com/detail_list_multi/1,6902,11507,00.html?dynamic_query_yn=N&dropdown_product=1248 Maybe this one would be best: news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general Gino Lin wrote: > hello: > > how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? > I read online help but ...

Batch printing PDF files from powerbuilder...
Has anyone implemented batch printing of pdf files from powerbuilder. I tried RUN ( acrobat32.exe + /p /o /h + fileargs ) I would like to have adobe open before i issue the shell command as there is some performance improvement, but the problem is after the batch printing process is completed i want to kill adobe. Is there any win32 functions available to kill an application or something. Which is the best way to implement this. Thanks in advance, -Ram Steve, You can use FindWindowA to get a handle to any window that you can specify the title text for. Then use SendMessag...

How to print AutoCAD drawing in a powerbuilder datawindow
Hi all, I want to print AutoCAD drawing as a part of document with headers and footers using powerbuilder datawindow. Can anyone suggest how to do it. Thanks for help Vinay ...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram Please don't crosspost. I've answered your question in the .datawindow forum. Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69bfb3e6-69eb-4e76-a6a8-3048db57b6a1@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram ...

Print a PDF file in Powerbuilder 5
I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript in Powerbuilder 5. I tried creating a datastore and doing and insertdocument function call but keep getting a -1 error code. I need help.... Thanks, Tom you would need a PDF print driver (e.g. Acrobat PDFWriter) installed and then print on that to generate PDF. u can also look at printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com that helps u with swicthing printers etc. On 16 Jun 2004 09:54:00 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <Thomas Rundo> wrote: >I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript ...

PowerBuilder 6 changes printed datawindow font
We recently migrated an application from PowerBuilder 5 to PowerBuilder 6. One of the datawindows has fields using the Microsoft Sans Serif 8 font. When printed, the font is different on two of the same HP printers. Both of the printers printed exactly the same way when the application was in PowerBuilder 5. Also, the verticle field spacing has changed from PowerBuilder 5 to PowerBuilder 6. Has anybody had these results? Does the 6.0.01 patch (currently in beta) fix this? Brian Valerie, A change to the way PBU's are calculated was made to PB6. The end result is that PB...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 #2
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window data directly to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram You posted this same request yesterday - and have responses. See 'objects' Newsgroup post 'Saveas PDF on Client Machine' on 10/16/08 HTH KL > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > > I need to print my data window data directly to pdf files. > > > I didn'...

Problem in printing datawindow in Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi, I am a software consultant working in Salem, OR. I am using PB 4.0 as front end for a client server architecture using distributed database with Sybase 10.0 as back end. We are developing and running our application in Windows 3.1 with Novell as the networking software. I am continiuosly having a problem. I am using a text field in a table and having a datawindow based on that. Now, when I try to retrieve the information , it is fine but when I go to the print preview, is is showing me only a single line in that. When I try to print it, it simply prints a blank page (with footer ...

Web resources about - Printing to file from PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles