printing rtf format within a datawindow report

Hi,

I want to print a report. This report consists of infomations which are
grouped. One column in the database contains text formated as rich text. By
now I found no way to get a standard datawindow report (tabular) printed
together with the rtf column on one page.

The report should look like the following:

Header

XXXXXX
    YYYYY
            ZZ    RTFText
            ZZ    RTFText
            ZZ    RTFText
    YYYYY
            ZZ    RTFText
XXXXX
    YYYYY
            ZZ    RTFText

Footer

If anyone has an idea ?
TiA,
Ingolf

0
Ingolf

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Drop down datawindow within a datawindow
I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The intent is that for these fields there will be multiple values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow. For example, a record in the window might have Name Address Medical Code Medical code would also be a drop down list box with multiple values. Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9? What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary? Thanks Please post this question ...

embedding a datawindow within a datawindow
Below is a sample of the format for a report I need to create. The report will display courses that may or may not be part of group, because the people running the courses can choose from all the courses available to create their own "group" of courses. Since a course may or may not be part of a group would using an embedded datawindow for the group info work? How? Can anyone point me in the right direction? The data is coming from two tables. Thanks, Kevin CourseID CourseTitle CourseTopic EnrollMax EnrollCurrent 100145A "Sample" "Sample"...

Drop down datawindow within datawindow
I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The intent is that for these fields there will be multiple values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow. For example, a record in the window might have Name Address Medical Code Medical code would also be a drop down list box with multiple values. Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9? What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary? Thanks Generally, the steps are: ...

Datawindow format to ASCII or RTF format
I have several reports available as composite datawindows, which I want to export to an ASCII or RTF format file. Another format is no option. What possibilities do I have to make this possible ? Write the routine yourself. SaveAs only does PSR for composite reports. Ikke wrote in message ... >I have several reports available as composite datawindows, which I want to >export to an ASCII or RTF format file. Another format is no option. > >What possibilities do I have to make this possible ? > > ...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

printing a datawindow report of web applicaition in PowerBuilder 11.5
Hi, I have deployed my appliction in web based using powerbuilder 11.5. I acknowledge that print option will not function as window based, it will first save as PDF file in server and then through Print file manage we can see or take print. Print file manager which is showing in web page after pressing print button of application, showing error as could not "SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is : -1 ", Even though same code "dw_1.print(false)" is working. I want to know that I will have to change in code or need any configuration or pdf writer s...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

Getting datawindow Properties from within datawindow??
PB7.0.3 hi, i would like to create a custom userObject uo_myDW that inherits from DataWindow and stuff some default behaviour into it. For a new app i'm writing, i need a pile of input windows, all sharing the same functionality. I'd like to build uo_myDW so that in incorporates all standard 'inputDW-behaviour'. Here 's what i want to do For one of these functionalities mentioned above, i need the collection of uo_myDW's columns that are 'Tab-able' (have a tabindex > 0), and store them in a instance var ids_DWColumns for future reference. ...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

RTF datawindow printing
Does anyone have problems in printing the RTF datawindow, thats created from RTE using insertdocument? On PB 7.0.3 v10089 (It works well on v10047) appreciated Yogesh ...

Web resources about - printing rtf format within a datawindow report - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo