Printing formatted text in composite report

In PB 6.5, I have a composite report on which one text field (originally
entered using the PB RTE control) that needs to contain tab stops.  All
I can come up with are vertical bars (leaving the text as ASCII) or
boxes (converting to ~t).  How can I print the tabs as tabs?

Thanks

Robin

0
Robin

Printing DataWindow in text format (DOS format) on W2K env.
Hello, I�d like to print a DataWindow report in text format (DOS format) on Windows 2000 environment. In Win9x environment I usually printed my report in dot-matrix printer. It worked pretty well, but when I changed the whole environment (Win9x to Win2K) I got this problem (I send my report to be printed in a dot-matrix printer and I got no answer by the printer). Does anyone know how to fix it? Does anyone had this problem before? I'm using PB 7.03 build 10047. TIA, Antonio. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/grou...

Printing DataWindow in text format (DOS format) on W2K env. #2
Hello, I�d like to print a DataWindow in text format (DOS format) on Windows 2000 environment. I'm using PB 7.03 build 10047. TIA, Antonio. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Set up a Generic printer. (Look under the Manufacturers lsit and you'll see Generic) -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Antonio Vale" <asvale@terra.com.br> wrote i...

Help! Printing datawindow (reports) to a text file
I am documenting a system developed in PB5. (No they haven't migrated to 6 or 7 yet). I need to include images of reports (datawindows) that are too wide to fit on a single screen in the document. This has caused me to have to do multiple screen captures for a single report and piece them together. Does anyone know how I can get a datawindow report to print to a text file? Not just the rows, but the header band, summary band, groups, everything. Essentially I want to dump the screen image (viewable at the time and not viewable at the time) to a text file for editing. I know I...

printing rtf format within a datawindow report
Hi, I want to print a report. This report consists of infomations which are grouped. One column in the database contains text formated as rich text. By now I found no way to get a standard datawindow report (tabular) printed together with the rtf column on one page. The report should look like the following: Header XXXXXX YYYYY ZZ RTFText ZZ RTFText ZZ RTFText YYYYY ZZ RTFText ... XXXXX YYYYY ZZ RTFText ... Footer If anyone has an idea ? TiA, Ingolf ...

Re: Composite Datawindow Report (Cut off on printing)
I have one main datawindow which has 10 datawindows. One of the datawindows has a field which has more than 10,000 characters. When I go to preview my main datawindow, on page 4 of 10 the text filed which has more than 10,000 characters is being cut off at the top of the page(The text field is on a deatil band). Half of the text remains on 3rd page and half on 4th page. The header and footer print properly. Can anyone tell me if this is a Powerbuiler 7 bug or not? Any help would be greately appreciated. Please post your messages in only one news group. thanks John Team Sybas...

Composite report print/print preview cutting last line of multi-page report
I have a Composite report and I am using 8.01. The report is multipage. At the end of each page the last sentence of the page get truncated. For example, When you are at the end of page 1, the last line will get printed half on page 1 and half on page 2.. You can see this effect in print Preview also. Is this a problem?? HOw to resolve it.. Thanks in advance. Pramod pramodrane@hotmail.com Do you have a real large autoheight column in there? It's a known issue (not bug) when you have very large autoheight columns (those that span page breaks). I've had succ...

Exporting datawindows with nested reports or composites to excel or flat text
I have various datawindow reports in our pb6.5 application ....some are composite datawindows...others are datawindows with nested reports. I would like to export the visual contents of the datawindow to microsoft excel (.xls) or flat text. (.txt) Two u_dw methods which I have tried, but failed, are SaveAs()and SaveAsAscii(). For simple datawindows these methods are fine, but not for the more complex datawindows I mentioned earlier. Does anyone have any ideas. You can contact me direct at : sodonnell@lysis.com Please post this to the powerbuilder.datawindow forum. This...

Exporting datawindows with nested reports or composites to excel or flat text
I have various datawindow reports in our pb6.5 application ....some are composite datawindows...others are datawindows with nested reports. I would like to export the visual contents of the datawindow to microsoft excel (.xls) or flat text. (.txt) Two u_dw methods which I have tried, but failed, are SaveAs()and SaveAsAscii(). For simple datawindows these methods are fine, but not for the more complex datawindows I mentioned earlier. Does anyone have any ideas. You can contact me direct at : sodonnell@lysis.com I haven't had the opportunity(?) to use nested o...

printing a datawindow report of web applicaition in PowerBuilder 11.5
Hi, I have deployed my appliction in web based using powerbuilder 11.5. I acknowledge that print option will not function as window based, it will first save as PDF file in server and then through Print file manage we can see or take print. Print file manager which is showing in web page after pressing print button of application, showing error as could not "SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is : -1 ", Even though same code "dw_1.print(false)" is working. I want to know that I will have to change in code or need any configuration or pdf writer s...

Printing composite DW resets datawindow.zoom on nested reports
Hi, I have a problem with composite DW. In composite DW I have nested report, named for example dw_data. I set zoom on dw_data for example to 200: datawindowchild dwchild dw_1.GetChild('dw_data',dwchild) dwchild.Modify('datawindow.zoom=200') It's all OK. But when I then print DW by using dw_1.print() then zoom of dwchild is automaticly set back to 100. Is this a PB bug or I am doing something wrong? R Kazimir rkazimir@centrum.cz ...

How to save contents of a composite or nested report datadow to Excel or Text format files?
I want to save the contents of a composite report or nested report to ,say Excel or Text format file. But when I use the following codes li_rvalue = GetFileSaveName("Save File", & ls_fullpathname, ls_filename, & "xls", "Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls") if li_rvalue = 1 then dw_1.SaveAs(ls_fullpathname, Excel!, true) end if I cannot save the contents of the datawindow which includes header, details, and summary info. Similarly happening to text file. Thanks in a...

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

How to change text in a text object of composite report.
--------------B06487694CA25DFE68949459 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, In composite report I need dynamicaly change some text fields' values. I tried to get child and used dot notation., but it didn't work. bellw is the code. What is wromg? string ls_name SELECT frb_label_txt INTO :ls_name FROM srt_lvl_typ_cd_dfn WHERE typ_cd_ind = "2" AND dist_cd = :gs_dist; Datawindowchild dwc_report dw_1.GetChild("d_nonofficer",dwc_report) dwc_report.Object.level3_t.text = ls_name --------------B064876...

How to export all reports to different format and print out all reports
Hello, Everyone. I am using VB.NET I have encounter a problem when there is more than 1 page of report, I can only export the first page to the other format (excel, adobe, word) and also can print only the first page of report only. ***How can I export all pages to the other format and print all pages on the Web?*** Thanks for your patience to view a lot of questions from I, Thank You!!! Dont mind, Can you tell me how to export in diffrent format for single page like (Excel,Adobe,word).. Thanks in advance...MayuR PateLSoftware Developer...

Web resources about - Printing formatted text in composite report - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Formatted text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Formatted text cannot rightly be identified with binary files or be distinct from ASCII text. This is because formatted text is not necessarily ...

Received a badly formatted email on your mobile? 75 percent of you will delete it
A survey by Constant Contact shows that mobile devices are more important than ever, particularly to those under the age of 30. The study reveals ...

Quickly view formatted PDFs in your search results
Google search results sometimes include documents that were not originally formatted to be viewed in a web browser, such as PDFs. In the past, ...

Now in Google search results: Formatted PDFs
Google has launched a new search option called Quick View that allows users to open formatted PDF filesnot just HTML viewing of documentsfrom ...

Proxy ports showing formatted text in Mountain Lion
An interface bug in the OS X Network system preferences shows unconventional port string formats, but does not affect OS X performance.

It’s Markdown, no, PowerShell. Wait its Markdown formatted PowerShell.
... "Current DateTime is = $([System.DateTime]::Now)" ### Escape characters with the ` (back-tick) "Escape a quotation `"This is quoted`"." Formatted ...

Exploit can control older Macs even after they're formatted
Exploit can control older Macs even after they're formatted

HBO cancels 'In Treatment' 'as previously formatted'
HBO just made it official: In Treatment will not return for a fourth season. The psychotherapist drama won plenty of critical acclaim and Emmy ...

FAA GPS data formatted for your use
[Michael] posted up-to-date GPS data sets in the GPX format . These data sets are an alternative to paid updates. Since GPX is a published standard ...

Converting Mac-formatted iPod to Windows - iLounge Article
Q: In reading your FAQ and previous columns, I see that it is possible to use a Mac-formatted iPod on a Windows PC through the use of a third-party ...