Printing DataWindow in text format (DOS format) on W2K env. #2

Hello,

I�d like to print a DataWindow in text format (DOS format) on Windows 2000
environment. I'm using PB 7.03 build 10047.

TIA,

Antonio.
Antonio

Set up a Generic printer.  (Look under the Manufacturers lsit and you'll see
Generic)

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Antonio Vale" <asvale@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I�d like to print a DataWindow in text format (DOS format) on Windows 2000
> environment. I'm using PB 7.03 build 10047.
>
> TIA,
>
> Antonio.

Terry

Printing DataWindow in text format (DOS format) on W2K env.
Hello, I�d like to print a DataWindow report in text format (DOS format) on Windows 2000 environment. In Win9x environment I usually printed my report in dot-matrix printer. It worked pretty well, but when I changed the whole environment (Win9x to Win2K) I got this problem (I send my report to be printed in a dot-matrix printer and I got no answer by the printer). Does anyone know how to fix it? Does anyone had this problem before? I'm using PB 7.03 build 10047. TIA, Antonio. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/grou...

Formatted Text in a DataWindow
My client wants to send out "email bills" to his customers. In his proposed email bill format, he has a bar-chart graph (no problem) and he wants to include a section where he can send out informational messages in "formatted" text (i.e. anything other than plain text). I've searched and tried numerous ways to try to embed formatted text into his "datawindow email bill", but the only solution I came up with (which is really ugly...) is to have him create the text in Word, take a screen print, then crop it. I just can't find any other way to accom...

Datawindow format to ASCII or RTF format
I have several reports available as composite datawindows, which I want to export to an ASCII or RTF format file. Another format is no option. What possibilities do I have to make this possible ? Write the routine yourself. SaveAs only does PSR for composite reports. Ikke wrote in message ... >I have several reports available as composite datawindows, which I want to >export to an ASCII or RTF format file. Another format is no option. > >What possibilities do I have to make this possible ? > > ...

inserting FORMATED text in a datawindow
Dimitri Van der Veken <dimitri@servico.be> wrote in message news:... > Hi, > > I am looking for a way to insert a FORMATTED text into a datawindow. > The text may be in a file ( .RTF, .DOC, ....) or stored in the DB in some > way (I don't care). > > Can I insert such a field (like I can insert a Picture) into the datawindow. > This inserted text should not be editable. > > What is the best way to do it? > I was thinking of the following: > - insert a RTF report : this is not possible(you can not nest a > RTF -report ) >...

Datawindow Format of text field
This may be simple but I cannot remember how to place four varchar(1024) fields on a datawindow and make them narrow and deep and allow the text to word wrap within each of the columns. I need to place all four on a 8.5 " width paper. Thanks set this column autohorizontalscroll property off and autoverticalscroll property on. and autoresize property on. jcoady@mts.net wrote: > This may be simple but I cannot remember how to place four varchar(1024) > fields on a datawindow and make them narrow and deep and allow the text > to word wrap within each of the columns...

datawindow column text formatting
Our customer needs to paint some words in the address field off customers in the datawindow. For example if they live in a spesific street down st for example the rows that have down st in their address columns will be modified and down st will be highlighted. my simple trial fails. regards emre. dw_1.SetItem(3, "address",String("sik cad"," [red]@-@@@@@@")) If you want the text in a single area to have different formatting, you need to look at using RTF rather that regular edit controls. On 13 Jul 2005 06:25:16 -0700, "Emre DINCER" &...

saving a formatted text from a datawindow
I have a report in a datawindow that I want to save in a format that appears like the datawindow displays so that I can send the report in an email. Doing saveas() using html format is the closest I can get but it is not close enough. The PB examples saves it in PSR format, but how many email recipients will have Infomaker with which to read it? Does anybody have a way to do this? Curt, Have a look at the DataWindow plug-in... it uses your default browser to display PSR files. It works pretty well and is easy to set up. You can download it from: https://support.sybase....

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DataWindow format
I want to set an edit for one of my columns in a DW. I do not want to make the format on the database though. I see there are several ways to create a edit of color change, date format, etc. What I want to do is display the word "no edit needed" if a serial number (varchar) ends in 'rnd'. Does anyone know how to write that in the DW format? I see some examples but they are very generic for strings. would it be something like @@@@@@@@@@rnd "no edit needed"; ?????????????? can I also say if last 3 char = rnd write 'no ed...' Thanks cor...

Saving datawindow in different formats #2
Hi, When i save a datawindow in HTML table format, i am not getting the header columns that i am passing as arguments. Also when i am saving the datawindow in other formats eg. excel with headers,excel etc instead of the column headings the actual column name is received. How can i solve this problem.I am using Power Builder version 6. Thanks, manu ...

How can I save formatted text from a datawindow.
I am trying to create formatted documents by merging data from 2 ASA8 tables and saving them in a 3rd table. Using PB 9.0.1. I need to have bold and underlined text in these documents Stu; You can share the DW data with a RTF control. In the RTF control (vs the DWO) you can save the RTF data present as a Blob column in your database. Then just re-retrieve the Blob RTF text and paste it (look at the PasteRTF method) back in your DWO or RTF control as required. HTH Regards ... Chris <Stu Saints> wrote in message news:47332844.7bb4.1681692777@sybase.com......

DataWindow Formating
Whenever we add a new table or unselect an column from the SQL of Datawindow and return to the Data window the formatting of the Datawindow just disappears. Any Solution to aviod this problem other than exporting the Datwindow and do the necessary changes and importing it. Does any Options in PB 7 helps to stop this reformatting. Thanks in advance ...

Rich Text Formatting / Text Formatting Toolbar
Is there a default control in ASP.NET or in VS .NET in general that I can use to help edit textboxes and have a formatting toolbar at the top similar to the microsoft word formatting toolbar (lets you make fonts bold, select font size, font type, etc. -- basic formatting stuff and maybe insert pictures/attach files to the text box). If you reply to this message, you'll see what i'm talking about at the top of the reply box. There isn't a default one in asp.net. The one used here is called FreeTextBox. It's a free custom control that you can download. I don't think it comes with emotico...

Format in Datawindow
Hi, I have a format problem in pb8 datavindows. In pb7 it's working but in pb8 it's not. The format I'm using is: '#,##0.0 (tim)' For the value 235.50 the expected result is '235,5 (tim)' (Our local preferences uses comma ',' as decimal separator) The desplayed result is '0,00023' Anyone having a clue? ...

Web resources about - Printing DataWindow in text format (DOS format) on W2K env. #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo