Printing composite DW resets datawindow.zoom on nested reports

Hi, I have a problem with composite DW. In composite DW I have nested
report, named for example dw_data. I set zoom on dw_data for example to 200:

datawindowchild dwchild
dw_1.GetChild('dw_data',dwchild)
dwchild.Modify('datawindow.zoom=200')

It's all OK. But when I then print DW by using

dw_1.print()

then zoom of dwchild is automaticly set back to 100.

Is this a PB bug or I am doing something wrong?

R Kazimir
rkazimir@centrum.cz

0
RKazimir

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

do not show nested datawindow on composite datawindow !!
I have developed using EAS 3.6.1 and PB 7.0.3 build 10047. i made composite datawindow within 3 nested datawindows and all dw have 2 retrieval arguments. and i retrieve result data using getfullstate. in Client webbrowser, main dw is displayed but nested datawindows is not displayed in main dw. why not display???.. How can I do? Thanks in advance. Kwang-gyu Nested DW's do not work. You will need to have multiple web datawindows or use a PDF writer like Adobe to print to a file and display this in the browser. "�̱���" wrote: > I have developed usi...

PageCount() with Nested Datawindow in Composite Datawindow
Hi Everyone, I use PB 11.5.1 Build 4740 (last build). I have a problem when I am trying to print out a composite datawindow. I have a composite datawindow with 3 nested datawindow, when I try dw_composite.Retrieve() it works fine, but when I put dw_composite.Print(), I faced a problem with the second nested datawindow: the number of pages. For example, I have two pages and the print is "Page 2 of 2" to the first page and "Page 2 of 2" to the second one. I am using the function "page()". This just occurs to print option, when I am using retrieve op...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

reports about composite or nested datawindow style
I create a multi-datawindow report, and place two reports in detail field. I want to show the second datawindow rows behind the first ones. But in preview when the first datawindow list all rows, the second datawindow rows change to a new page, left a field of blank, how can I keep them stick together? Thank for help. ...

How to Create nested report in composite datawindow
What I try to do is to create a nested datawindow in a composite datawindow, this nested datawindow is created dynamicly according to an Datawindow syntax string. My problem is: Since the nested datawindow is dynamicly generated,it isn't exist in one library, so there is no dataobject.When I retrieve data using the composite datawindow,it tell me:"Load of nested report failed" My initial idea: I want to develope a control enable user to easily insert objects Such as: Text,picture,datawindow(report) and so on.The user can move and resize the objects.They can also chan...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

nested datawindow within another nested datawindow?
I was trying to create a report which has a nested datawindow within another nested datawindow, and PB didn't seem to go for this... got memory errors. Is this even possible? I searched all of the usual resources and couldn't find anything about this... maybe they assumed nobody would be dumb enough to try. thanks, Pat It is perfectly legal to have multiple levels of nested reports. However, nesting isn't supported for certain DW types like grid and n-up. Try testing your DWs on their own to ensure that they work properly. Then nest them one at a time and try to i...

RTF Datawindow Presentation and Composite/Nested Reports
In 5.0 you can not nest or use an rtf sytle datawindow in composite reports. Is this possible in 6.5 or 7.0. If not, has anyone found a workaround to be able to print normal columns mixed with rtf like blurbs followed by more normal columns? Hi Brian, I thought this was not allowed in 6*. I've not tested this in 7, please hold, testing.........no, cannot be selected for composite, and cannot be used as nested report... Sorry -- Met vriendelijke groet, - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.k...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Cut off on printing)
I have one main datawindow which has 10 datawindows. One of the datawindows has a field which has more than 10,000 characters. When I go to preview my main datawindow, on page 4 of 10 the text filed which has more than 10,000 characters is being cut off at the top of the page(The text field is on a deatil band). Half of the text remains on 3rd page and half on 4th page. The header and footer print properly. Can anyone tell me if this is a Powerbuiler 7 bug or not? Any help would be greately appreciated. I'll guess that it is a bug. For a long time the DW has not been good at ...

Web resources about - Printing composite DW resets datawindow.zoom on nested reports - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo