powerbuilder working with DB2

Hi All,

I have a question about powerbuilder working with DB2.
The situation is that using powerbuilder as front-end tools and DB2 as
back-end tools. But DB2 SQL statement just accepts single quote of
string data type and powerbuilder using double quote for string . So
there will occurs error when update datawindow because of the problem of
double quote.
Are there any solutions to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot !!

Eric

0
Eric

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Driver for PowerBuilder to work with DB2 and some ODBC issues
We port existent application from PowerBuilder/Oracle to PowerBuilder/DB2. With Oracle we used native Oracle driver for PB. It seems that no native driver exists for DB2. It means, that we have to work with ODBC. Does somebody have any experience with PowerBuilder/ODBC/DB2 application with high volume transactions? What is possible performance impact of such configuration comparing to configuration with native drivers? Does somebody know about other possible configuration to work with DB2? Please answer also to my email: dant@amdocs.com Thanks, Dan Tartakovsky I think pb7 shi...

Driver for PowerBuilder to work with DB2 and some ODBC issues
We port existent application from PowerBuilder/Oracle to PowerBuilder/DB2. With Oracle we used native Oracle driver for PB. It seems that no native driver exists for DB2. It means, that we have to work with ODBC. Does somebody have any experience with PowerBuilder/ODBC/DB2 application with high volume transactions? What is possible performance impact of such configuration comparing to configuration with native drivers? Does somebody know about other possible configuration to work with DB2? Please answer also to my email: dant@amdocs.com Thanks, Dan Tartakovsky I think pb7 shi...

Powerbuilder Example for window & Datawindow Plug In
Hi, I am trying to run sample application given powerbuilder for web-pb. I can run distributed Powerbuilder example, but i am not able to run window & datawindow plug-in example. I am using Internet Explorer 4.0 . When I open Datawindow or Window plug-in page through Internet Explorer, It is showing only a logo. What is the problem with that ? Can any one know what the problem is ? Thanks. Mahendra Dhamdhere On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 14:16:22 -0500, Mahendra Dhamdhere <mahendrad@hotmail.com> wrote: There are some problems with the plug-ins and IE 4. Fortunatly John Martin...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

powerbuilder to db2
Hi. Our company was just purchased by another company. This other company includes IBM's DB2 as a supported database. They want our pb developers to start developing against DB2. For the time being we will maintain separate corporate locations-- connected with our new parent (and their IBM databases) via a vpn. How can we setup PB so that DB2 shows in our list of available databases and we are able to connect with the mother ship's DB2 and wreck havoc there? What do we need to install? What setup steps do we need to take? Thanks, Doug Hi Doug; DB/2 ...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Powerbuilder 10 and MAPI does not work, works in PB 7
Hi, I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send e-mails using the customers e-mail client. Customer uses Netscape 4.7 With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB 10, the mailLogon function always fails. With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express. With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook Express. It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the real e-mail address in both 'name' and 'address' Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape. Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10 w...

Powerbuilder 10 and MAPI does not work, works in PB 7
Hi, I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send e-mails using the customers e-mail client. Customer uses Netscape 4.7 With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB 10, the mailLogon function always fails. With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express. With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook Express. It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the real e-mail address in both 'name' and 'address' Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape. Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10 w...

Web resources about - powerbuilder working with DB2 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles