powerbuilder update fails to return error in mysql

Hi

Friends this is all about powebuilder i am using powerbuilder 7 and
mysql the issue is i created an before update trigger on a table where
in i raised error if a column   status = 'A'. If i update table using
sql update it raised error and transaction fails. But with my
powerbuilder application my datawindow get updated it cannot trace the
sql_error. update() didnt return any thing and rows_affected return
valid rows it updated the table. Even though there is an error in
trigger.

Funny part is the after update triggers or any other dependent trigger
also fails

0
Pash

Strange one. Have you turned on database tracing to see exactly what is
being sent to and returned from the db?

dbms=trace odb  will turn it on.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Branick Consulting, Inc.

"Pash" <prashant.nirgun@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Friends this is all about powebuilder i am using powerbuilder 7 and
> mysql the issue is i created an before update trigger on a table where
> in i raised error if a column   status = 'A'. If i update table using
> sql update it raised error and transaction fails. But with my
> powerbuilder application my datawindow get updated it cannot trace the
> sql_error. update() didnt return any thing and rows_affected return
> valid rows it updated the table. Even though there is an error in
> trigger.
>
> Funny part is the after update triggers or any other dependent trigger
> also fails

0
Larry

filtered datawindow... update() error
I use.. powerbuilder 7.01 build 6012 filtered datawindow exists problem. update.. all right.. after inserting new row, but after changing 'retrieved data', update() crash powerbuilder... this problem.. Is corrected in build 70?? ? Should I upgrade powerbuilder-build70__ ? please answer.. bye~ Choong Su Kim, Could you please post the complete error message you see ? This may help us locate the problem. HTH Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase] "choong su kim" <simiy@kebi.com> wrote in message news:yREEEi#R$GA.98@forums.sybase.com... > I use.....

Error message in PowerBuilder Datawindow
Can anyone help me decipher the following error message that I get when trying to retrieve from a datawindow: Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Syntax error or access violation: invalid expression near ':?+'" I am using PB 7.0.1 and Sybase ASA 6.0.2. Thanks in advance! Benjie ...

Error message in PowerBuilder Datawindow
Can anyone help me decipher the following error message that I get when trying to retrieve from a datawindow: Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Syntax error or access violation: invalid expression near ':?+'" I am using PB 7.0.1 and Sybase ASA 6.0.2. Thanks in advance! Benjie ...

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Datawindow error in powerbuilder 10
I have migrated my application from Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10. Randomly I am getting a error while retrieving a datawindow which is as follow: Datawindow control : ppo_uds_super Data Object : d_mnt_sys_parm Row : 0 Buffer : Primary DB Error Code : 207 Sql Error Text : Select error: SQLSTATE = S0022 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'YN'. In the above mentioned datawindow's select statement, there is no such column. Please advice to overcome this problem. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

Updated 10.3 to 11.4, Mysql error Failed to ALTER DATABASE `#mysql50#.tmp` error: 1102
I upgraded a system from 10.3 to 11.4 and I get the following error when trying to run mysql: Will update MySQL now, if you encounter any problems, please read following file: /usr/share/doc/packages/mysql-community-server/README.SuSE Log files inconsistency, please merge following files manually: /var/lib/mysql/mysqld.log /var/log/mysqld.log Running protected MySQL... Upgrading MySQL... Looking for 'mysql' as: /usr/bin/mysql Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: /usr/bin/mysqlcheck Running 'mysqlcheck' with connection arguments: '--port=3306' '--s...

updated 10.3 to 11.4, Mysql error Failed to ALTER DATABASE `#mysql50#.tmp` error: 1102
reposted in Applications -- jcarton ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

DataWindow Update x PowerBuilder 7
My datawindow have a SELECT like this: SELECT pubs.pub_id, pub.pub_name, pub.author_id, author.author_nm FROM author, pubs WHERE pubs.author_id = author.author.id The rows upadte proprieter is set to: Where Clause - Keys and modified columns Key Clause - Update key columns Updatable table - pubs Updatable columns - pub_id; - pub_name; - author_id When a run dw_1.Update() the query that is sent to database is: ( I change the columns pub_name, author_id and author_name ) UPDATE pubs SET pub_name = 'What'...

Error message in PowerBuilder Datawindow #2
Can anyone help me decipher the following error message that I get when trying to retrieve from a datawindow: Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Syntax error or access violation: invalid expression near ':?+'" I am using PB 7.0.1 and Sybase ASA 6.0.2. Thanks in advance! Benjie Turn your DataWindow into syntax mode. It probably will be easier to see what is wrong. If you can't see what it wrong then post the SQL syntax here and we'll take a look at it. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions...

Internal Error
I'm getting a PowerBuilder Runtime Error which says, ' Internal RunTime Engine Failure Contact PowerSoft Tech SUpport (NOOP)'. The error no. is R0011. I get this error when I try to call a function of an nvo from a window function. And the most strange thing is that this is not really a new code, this same code used to work before. I guess this problem started happening after regenerating the application. I'm not sure if the given info wil be helpful, but if u need a full info and feel that u could help then please do send me an e- mail. Thanks a lot , Swai Chand...

PowerBuilder DW-Retrieve with Linux/MySql fails
Hi, I'am working with PB 9 and MySQL and an ODBC-Connection in a Windows environment and all is working very fine. Now i've an installation with MySql on a Linux Server. The SQLCA-connetion is working fine and all embedded SQL-Statements are working but a DW-Retrieve brings everytime 0 rows. for example: li_rtn = dw_1.SetTransObject(SQLCA) // li_rtn = 1 --> ok ll_rows = dw_1.Retrieve(arg1) // ll_rows are always 0 in any DW Has someone an idea? Linux: Suse 8.1 MySql: 3.23.52 MyODBC: 3.51 Powerbuilder 9.01 Build 7204 You should post this question in the s...

Datawindow error in PowerBuilder 6.5.1
If the last row in a datawindow is a group break then the group break does not werk. Can anyone help me to find a way out this problem ??? Win NT 4.0 SP5 PB 6.5.1 are my releases. R.Somaini@Mador.ch Works for me. I'm using build 1094 -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Rino Somaini wrote in message ... >If the last row in a datawindow is a group break then the group break does >not werk. >Can anyone help me to find a way out this problem ??? > >Win NT 4.0 SP5 PB 6.5.1 are my releases. > >R.Somaini@Mador.ch > > ...

PowerBuilder 9 / Oracle datawindow update problem
When using PowerBuilder 9 and an Oracle 9 database, the following error is returned when updating data in a datawindow whose primary key has the value " ": Row changed between retrieve and update. No changes made to database. update mlsct set display_curr =1 where site_id = "" The datawindow update is successful when using Microsoft SQL Server or Sybase. It is also successful when using PowerBuilder 7 and Oracle 9. Finally, if I use Oracle SQL Plus Worksheet and modify the value of the primary key to equal something other than " ", e.g. "1&qu...

Start Of Powerbuilder VM Failed. Return code = -2
After configuring a window to display in the plugin (V6.5), when I surfed to the page I got: Start Of Powerbuilder VM Failed. Return code = -2 If I surf to a page with one of the demos on it there is no problem, therefore the configuration is correct, right? Any help gratefully received. Thanks. Jeb ...

Web resources about - powerbuilder update fails to return error in mysql - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles