PowerBuilder down on opening a datawindow.

I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i.
Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow.
Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow
painter,
PowerBulider gets down.

Someone told me that changing default printer might help.
But it didn't  help.

Please help me.
Thanks.
0
John

Several suggestions:

First make a backup of the datawindow to another .pbl (you may even want to
create a new .pbl just to hold the backup).

1) Try regenerating just the datawindow.
2) Try optimizing your .pbls then a full regeneration (back up all the .pbls
first, again just as a precaution).
3) Try editing the source of the datawindow, add a space, remove it, then
try saving and see if you get an error you can deal with
4) Recreate the datawindow

steve
[TeamSybase]

<John> wrote in message news:44dfcb25.18b0.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i.
> Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow.
> Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow
> painter,
> PowerBulider gets down.
>
> Someone told me that changing default printer might help.
> But it didn't  help.
>
> Please help me.
> Thanks.

0
Steve
8/14/2006 1:26:56 AM
Open the registry with REGEDIT.
Find this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default

Delete the value named DATAWINDOW.

This resets the painter layout to the factory default.

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

<John> wrote in message news:44dfcb25.18b0.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i.
> Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow.
> Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow
> painter,
> PowerBulider gets down.
>
> Someone told me that changing default printer might help.
> But it didn't  help.
>
> Please help me.
> Thanks.

0
Paul
8/14/2006 1:27:22 AM
Hi Paul,

It opens!
Thanks a lot.

I deleted *entry* named DATAWINDOW in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default.

I have a bit of worry.
Isn't there any problem with this?

John

> Open the registry with REGEDIT.
> Find this key:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\
>
> Delete the value named DATAWINDOW.
>
> This resets the painter layout to the factory default.
>
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>
> <John> wrote in message
> > news:44dfcb25.18b0.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm using
> > PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i. Suddenly
> > I cannot open any datawindow. Each time I tried to open
> > datawindow with datawindow painter,
> > PowerBulider gets down.
> >
> > Someone told me that changing default printer might
> > help. But it didn't  help.
> >
> > Please help me.
> > Thanks.

0
John
8/14/2006 3:14:48 AM
Nope.  It gets recreated the next time you run PB.

On 13 Aug 2006 20:14:48 -0700, John wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>
>It opens!
>Thanks a lot.
>
>I deleted *entry* named DATAWINDOW in
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default.
>
>I have a bit of worry.
>Isn't there any problem with this?
>
>John
>
>> Open the registry with REGEDIT.
>> Find this key:
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\
>>
>> Delete the value named DATAWINDOW.
>>
>> This resets the painter layout to the factory default.
>>
>> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>>
>> <John> wrote in message
>> > news:44dfcb25.18b0.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm using
>> > PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i. Suddenly
>> > I cannot open any datawindow. Each time I tried to open
>> > datawindow with datawindow painter,
>> > PowerBulider gets down.
>> >
>> > Someone told me that changing default printer might
>> > help. But it didn't  help.
>> >
>> > Please help me.
>> > Thanks.

0
Bruce

Opening a datawindow crashes PowerBuilder
At work we have about 5 different developers that experienced a problem when opening any datawindow from the PowerBuilder painter. PB crashes and halts altogether. Funny thing is their PowerBuilder was working fine the day before. My PowerBuilder still is working fine and some other developers have not experienced the problem. All of the affected PowerBuilder programs are on separate pc's and the developers work on different PowerBuilder projects. That makes the mystery even more confusing. The error is a pb70.exe - "Application Error" with the error being "Th...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle You need to post this in a PowerBuilder related section. This is the DataWindow.Net section. <Joelle> wrote in message news:4339b8bf.521c.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open > menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on > the datawindow and select Edit Sourc...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows.
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle Remove the Layout/DataWindow key from the HKCU/Software/Sybase/PowerBuilder/<version> key in the registry. On 27 Sep 2005 14:29:30 -0700, Joelle wrote: >Hi, >when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open >menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on >the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Powerbuilder crashes when opening or creating datawindow
Powerbuilder crashes when I try to open or create a new datawindow in Pb9.0 I get this error AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName: pbdev90.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.5507 Offset: 0002d23c Please help! Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default] "Datawindow"="" PB will automatically recreate it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <kith> wrote in mes...

Datawindow Open Causes Powerbuilder Crash
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3. It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? PS I also uninstalled and re-installed 7.0.2 and the 7.0.3 upgrade. Thanks, Larry Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layout\Default] PB will rebuild it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) ...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Powerbuilder closing (crashing?) upon opening a datawindow
I've been trying to open/edit a particular datawindow with a single retrieval argument being passed to it, but every time I attempt to open it, Powerbuilder will prompt for the value of the argument, but regardless of entering a value and clicking ok or just cancel, Powerbuilder immediately closes. It may be a crash, but I do not receive an error message upon Powerbuilder closing and nothing is logged in event viewer. It is the only datawindow causing the problem that I've found to this point. Stranger still, the datawindow can be seen from a parent window displaying it with...

Datawindow open causes powerbuilder crash in windows 2000
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.2. build 8025 It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I got this message : L'instruction � 0x77fca2bf emploie l'adresse m�moire 0xcc5d8754. La m�moire ne peut �tre "written". I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layo...

Re: Opening datawindow or table in Powerbuilder takes very long time.
--------------30B4010C215296E5C9F39E1A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, My woking enviroment are following client/server: Server end: OS: Sun Solaris DBMS: SYbase Adptive SQL Server 11.9.2 Client end: OS: Win 95 + Powerbuilder 5.0.4 + PFC 5.0.4 When I open create or open datawindow or select any table to open, It takes a long time. I looks process dead. I connect to other database( syabse 11.0.2, MS SQL SERVER 6.5), It works quite quickly. I have no idea about this. Any help would be appreciated. Th...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve
I would like to create a dynamic datawindow retrieve. I have a list of datawindows with various types of retrieval arguments--some are arrays. I would like to pass a program the parameter and parameter type and have it dynamically build the retrieve. I've tried using the ANY variable type, but it doesn't work when the argument is an array. Does any one know of a way to "build" the retrieve statement on the fly, or something else to do? Thanks JBachman jbachman@worldnet.att.net -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.d...

PowerBuilder Datawindow Bug
Folks, I just wanted to follow up with the work-arround I did on a PowerBuilder 8.0.3.9704 and SQL Server 2000 (latest patch) bug. The bug lies in the MSS database driver. Basically PowerBuilder truncates any string comprosed entirely of spaces to the empty string as it retrieves from the database to the datawindow. The solution for me was to wrap any candidate column with this scenario with a non-blank string (I used the string '##'), and then after datawindow retrieve, loop through datawindow, and remove the string from each side of the queried columns. Tons of overh...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder down on opening a datawindow. - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles