Powerbuilder crashes when opening or creating datawindow

Powerbuilder crashes when I try to open or create a new
datawindow in Pb9.0
I get this error
AppName: pb90.exe	 AppVer: 9.0.0.5507	 ModName: pbdev90.dll
ModVer: 9.0.0.5507	 Offset: 0002d23c

Please help!
0
kith

Delete the registry key
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default]
"Datawindow"=""

PB will automatically recreate it.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

<kith> wrote in message news:41363335.36d0.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Powerbuilder crashes when I try to open or create a new
> datawindow in Pb9.0
> I get this error
> AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName: pbdev90.dll
> ModVer: 9.0.0.5507 Offset: 0002d23c
>
> Please help!

0
Terry
9/2/2004 2:43:26 PM
> Delete the registry key
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout
> \Default] "Datawindow"=""
>
> PB will automatically recreate it.

Thank you
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://www.pb9books.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>

> <kith> wrote in message
> > news:41363335.36d0.1681692777@sybase.com... Powerbuilder
> > crashes when I try to open or create a new datawindow in
> > Pb9.0 I get this error
> > AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName:
> > pbdev90.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.5507 Offset: 0002d23c
> >
> > Please help!

0
Kith
9/2/2004 5:32:43 PM
In article <4137318e$1@forums-1-dub>, dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca.x
says...
> Delete the registry key
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default]
> "Datawindow"=""
>
> PB will automatically recreate it.

i believe this puts us back into the PB7 era ;)
0
Ben

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows.
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle Remove the Layout/DataWindow key from the HKCU/Software/Sybase/PowerBuilder/<version> key in the registry. On 27 Sep 2005 14:29:30 -0700, Joelle wrote: >Hi, >when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open >menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on >the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle You need to post this in a PowerBuilder related section. This is the DataWindow.Net section. <Joelle> wrote in message news:4339b8bf.521c.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open > menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on > the datawindow and select Edit Sourc...

Opening a datawindow crashes PowerBuilder
At work we have about 5 different developers that experienced a problem when opening any datawindow from the PowerBuilder painter. PB crashes and halts altogether. Funny thing is their PowerBuilder was working fine the day before. My PowerBuilder still is working fine and some other developers have not experienced the problem. All of the affected PowerBuilder programs are on separate pc's and the developers work on different PowerBuilder projects. That makes the mystery even more confusing. The error is a pb70.exe - "Application Error" with the error being "Th...

Datawindow Open Causes Powerbuilder Crash
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3. It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? PS I also uninstalled and re-installed 7.0.2 and the 7.0.3 upgrade. Thanks, Larry Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layout\Default] PB will rebuild it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) ...

Powerbuilder closing (crashing?) upon opening a datawindow
I've been trying to open/edit a particular datawindow with a single retrieval argument being passed to it, but every time I attempt to open it, Powerbuilder will prompt for the value of the argument, but regardless of entering a value and clicking ok or just cancel, Powerbuilder immediately closes. It may be a crash, but I do not receive an error message upon Powerbuilder closing and nothing is logged in event viewer. It is the only datawindow causing the problem that I've found to this point. Stranger still, the datawindow can be seen from a parent window displaying it with...

Datawindow open causes powerbuilder crash in windows 2000
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.2. build 8025 It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I got this message : L'instruction � 0x77fca2bf emploie l'adresse m�moire 0xcc5d8754. La m�moire ne peut �tre "written". I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layo...

PowerBuilder down on opening a datawindow.
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i. Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow. Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow painter, PowerBulider gets down. Someone told me that changing default printer might help. But it didn't help. Please help me. Thanks. Several suggestions: First make a backup of the datawindow to another .pbl (you may even want to create a new .pbl just to hold the backup). 1) Try regenerating just the datawindow. 2) Try optimizing your .pbls then a full regeneration (back up all the .pbls first, again just as a ...

PowerBuilder Crashes on Datawindow Preview
All, We are running into a problem of PB crashing when any dw is opened due to the preview pane being available. We are running PB 10.2.1 Build 9914. The applications run fine in runtime. Only in dev preview do we see the problem. Is there a known resolution to this? Does it have to do with printer drivers? Is there a way to remove the preview pane without opening a datawindow? We've run into this problem before, about a year ago, and had to wipe the box and re-install from scratch since an uninstall and re-install did not work. Any other ideas? Many thanks. I think we&#...

DataWindows crash PowerBuilder executables
I'm using PowerBuilder 7.0.3 Build 10047. Are there any .DLL's beside the PBVMxx7.dll that I need in order to use DataWindows? Whenever I try to compile and run an application that has a DataWindow the application will crash right when that DataWindow is being loaded. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you PBDWE70.dll and a few others. See techdoc http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47953 for deployment instructions. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguid...

Crashing when opening a datawindow in Datawindow Designer 1.51
Hi There My datawindow designer crashes just before displaying a new or edited datawindow (after selecting the tables in a new datawindow). Its like the PB bug that was related to the layout that we had to delete a registry entry to fix. I upgraded to 1.51 9004 to make sure I was on a fairly late version but it did not fix it. Do I have to blow away and reload DW.Net and will that fix the problem? Its been working fine up until today.. Cheers Brett Weaver Hi Brett, This sounds like the same issue. Did you try deleting the registry entry? Regards, Dave Fish Sy...

Can datawindows created in Powerbuilder be used?
Hi all, does anyone know if datawindows created in older versions of Powerbuilder can be used in datawindow.net? If they can, which version of Powerbuilder can the datawindows be created in? Could I for instance take an existing datawindow created in Powerbuilder 7 and use it in a .net app without any modification? Thanks for any help you can give. Steve. Yes they can. They need to be migrated to the version of DataWindow ..NET that you are using, but the DataWindow Designer that comes with the product will do that for you. Note: OLE and Rich Text DataWindows are not sup...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

PB crashing on open/creating of datawindow
Everytime I try and open a datawindow or try and create a new one, pb crashes with the following error: AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName: pbdwp90.dll ModVer: 9.0.1.6533 Offset: 000144cc I'm running XP Professional Two thoughts: - Check your configuration to make sure you're loading PB DLLs from the right version. Process Explorer from http://www.sysinternals.com should help you with that. The Troubleshooting Guide mentioned below talks more about that, and other ideas. - Dig through the registry and kill any custom layouts.(e.g. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Soft...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder crashes when opening or creating datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles