PowerBuilder 6.5 and Crosstab DataWindows

    I have a crosstab datawindow with 3 col and 4 rows.  It works under PB
6.0.  When I started using PB 6.5 and I now get a Doctor Watson error and
the PB dev env gets "wiped out".  I found a similar problem posted around
11/12/98 in the Public.PowerBuilder newsgroup (i have included the text of
the posting below the "+++")

    Any suggestions/ideas?  Thank you in advance.

Fidencio Pe�a

++++++++++++++++++++
Text from a posting in the Public.PowerBuilder newsgroup: date around
11/12/98.
    Does anyone else have the following problem with the
crosstabsdatawindows under PowerBuilder 6.5?  When 3 or more columns are
inserted into the datawindow definitionwindow, PB 6.5 generates the
following error:
        " PB60 caused an invalid page fault inmodule PBDWE60.DLL
    When we insert less that 3 columns, everything works OK. This used to
work under PB 6.0 & PB 5.0.04.Does anyone have a solution for this?

0
Fidencio

Hello Fidencio,

I found the same problem. Did you find soulution? If yes, tell me ok.

Thanks.

Fidencio Pe�a wrote:

>     I have a crosstab datawindow with 3 col and 4 rows.  It works under PB
> 6.0.  When I started using PB 6.5 and I now get a Doctor Watson error and
> the PB dev env gets "wiped out".  I found a similar problem posted around
> 11/12/98 in the Public.PowerBuilder newsgroup (i have included the text of
> the posting below the "+++")
>
>     Any suggestions/ideas?  Thank you in advance.
>
> Fidencio Pe�a
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++
> Text from a posting in the Public.PowerBuilder newsgroup: date around
> 11/12/98.
>     Does anyone else have the following problem with the
> crosstabsdatawindows under PowerBuilder 6.5?  When 3 or more columns are
> inserted into the datawindow definitionwindow, PB 6.5 generates the
> following error:
>         " PB60 caused an invalid page fault inmodule PBDWE60.DLL
>     When we insert less that 3 columns, everything works OK. This used to
> work under PB 6.0 & PB 5.0.04.Does anyone have a solution for this?

0
Edilson

Problems With datawindow scrolling in PowerBuilder 6.5 (and 6.0)
The datawindow scrolling functionality has been altered so that when scrolling through a datawindow using the thumb, it is possible to view the bottom of one page and the top of the next. This looks OK until a group is created in the datawindow that has its own heading. When scrolling as before, the heading remains in between the bottom of one page and the top of the next which doesn't look particularly attractive, especially if there are several items in the group heading. In 65Maint.txt document it says the following: "DataWindow Scrollbar Operation ------------------...

Datawindow Plugin for PowerBuilder 6.5 in IE5.5 SP2?
We have been using datawindow plugin Npdwe60.dll for a long time now and it worked just fine in both IE and NS. However, starting from IE5.5 SP2, Microsoft decided NOT to support plugins any more. Is there any news on how to overcome this problem? ActiveX version of plugin? Any other solution? Thanks in advance for any response. Leonid Borisov Tefensoft Where did you find out that MS doesn't support plugins anymore? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide...

Datawindow error in PowerBuilder 6.5.1
If the last row in a datawindow is a group break then the group break does not werk. Can anyone help me to find a way out this problem ??? Win NT 4.0 SP5 PB 6.5.1 are my releases. R.Somaini@Mador.ch Works for me. I'm using build 1094 -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Rino Somaini wrote in message ... >If the last row in a datawindow is a group break then the group break does >not werk. >Can anyone help me to find a way out this problem ??? > >Win NT 4.0 SP5 PB 6.5.1 are my releases. > >R.Somaini@Mador.ch > > ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 datawindow causes crash
I need help figuring out how to fix a datawindow that keeps crashing. This is in Power Builder version 6.5.1 retrieving data from a SQL database using a stored procedure. The datawindow has the detail hidden and several summary fields in the headers, main, group 2, and group 1. I have found that if I don't hide the detail records the datawindow doesn't cause a crash. I have applied the maintenance patch for this version. If my rusty memory serves, build 1299 of 6.5.1 was quite stable. Can you be specific about the symptoms of the crash? By "hide" do you mean se...

Scroll problem in datawindow powerbuilder 6.5
Hi , I have a datawindow with groups . I have a button on the header of the group. When the user clicks the button , we get a pop up window. I try to set the values of the datawindow at the back with the values entered by the user. When I do a set item and close the popup window, I get a blank screen. I have to use the scrollbar to move up. Does anybody have a solution for this . It would be great if somebody has a solution for this . This is my mail id : vgeetha@chn.cognizant.com Thanks in advance . ...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1 & DataWindow and PowerGen
I was out of town so here goes the post agian. Ok its a Computed Object in the DataWindow with the following expression: (sum(mnmensualesajd_mna2 for all)+A2)*.1 I got it down to this. If I do a Full Rebuild with PowerGen I and Compile with PowerGen then I get a 0 always on that Computed Object. If I do a Full Rebuild with Powerbuilder I and Compile with PowerGen then I get a the right number on the Computed Object. If I do a Full Rebuild with Powerbuilder I and Compile with PowerBuilder then I get a the right number on the Computed Object. So it all comes down to the reb...

Where Can I Get Datawindow ActiveX for PowerBuilder 6.5?
Hi, all. I want to use datawindow ActiveX in PB6.5, But I only found window ActiveX or datawindow Plugin on the setup CDROM. Does PB6.5 provide this component? I know PB7 has a dw ActiveX, how about PB6.5? (I cannot upgrade my application now.) Thanks, Feng The DataWindow ActiveX is listing in the new features section for PB7, so I'm assuming it's new (that is it's not in 6.5). I'm not exactly an ActiveX fan, so I don't personally recall it being shipped with 6.5. On Wed, 19 May 1999 20:14:38 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general F...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

datawindow column names and multi-table datawindows 5.0.04 -> 6.5
Has anybody out there noticed problems with the dynamic creation of multi-table datawindows and referring to the datawindow columns? In 5.0.04 PowerBuilder automatically prefixed each datawindow column with the table name(e.g. table_name_column_name). This is now broken in PB 6.5. Why did this change in 6.5? What necessitated this change so that all Sybase customers are forced to perform costly regression testing on PowerBuilder applications? Windows 95 PB Enterprise 6.5 ODBC - any dbms( Sql Any, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase ASE, Quadbase ) ...

crosstab powerbuilder 6.5
I have created a crosstab. During runtime I change the row and column with dw_1.Modify("DataWindow.Crosstab.Columns='xxxx'") and dw_1.Modify("DataWindow.Crosstab.rows='xxx'") In the summary band there is a computed field with name total_val. After retrieval the name of the computed field is gone and the formact changed to general. I used syntax = dw_1.object.datawindow.syntax to check everything. Can I now change the format of the computed field? I can not use modify because the computed field has no name? ...

Powerbuilder 6.0 Datawindows
Does anyone know how to get Powerbuilder 6.0 Datawindows to work in Power++ 2.0? (or Powersoft's plan for supporting PB 6.0 DWs.) Jim Jankowski jimj@dartex.com ...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 6.5 and Crosstab DataWindows - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles