Power Builder year2000 problems?

Does anyone know of -any- year2000 problems associated with Power Builder?

0
Matthew

You're late! Start by searching the archives for Y2K postings in these
newsgroups at
http://www.dejanews.com

Matthew Vincent wrote:

> Does anyone know of -any- year2000 problems associated with Power Builder?
0
Michael

PowerBuilder and Power++ Datawindows
We are still maintaining an old Power++ based application, which makes quite extensive use of DataWindows. Since using the DataWindows with a MS SQL Server 2005 (a customer requirement), we are looking for a solution where we can use the old Power++ SW with a more recent DataWindows implementation. Is this possible at all with PowerBuilder? Are we able to import or migrate the already existing *.pbl/*.pbd files? Os is DataWindows.NET a more feasible solution? TIA, Oliver Oliver wrote... > We are still maintaining an old Power++ based application, > which makes quite exten...

Why to upgrade Power Builder 8 from Power Builder 7
Hello All, I work for a client in New York city. All of our current applictions are written in Powerbuilder and Sybase environment. Recently we migrated our Financial application into Oracle. Now our management wants to re-write all other applications into Oracle forms with Oracle database. It will take from one year to two years. Right now we are in Powerbuilder 7.0 which is stable environment and our management is thinking to upgrade from PB 7 to powerbuilder 8 Is there any Pros and Cons on the upgrade please let me know. Thank you in advance, Chandrika. ---== Poste...

Problem in Power builder-8i
Hi, We have an application in Powerbuilder 6.5 and we have recently migrated that to PB-8. We have found out a peculiar problem in the application which is migrated to PB-8.If we retrieve more than 14000 records at a stretch in a datawindow,the application terminates.Is this a problem with the driver we use to connect to the database..Can anyone please get me out of this problem.. Thanks, Bhagat -- Posted via http://dbforums.com Please post this question in the Powerbuilder newsgroup. bhagat wrote: > Hi, > > We have an application in Powerbuilder ...

Power Builder PFC Problems
Dear Experts: I am having problems with the linkage service. I am trying to build a window from scratch like the w_linkagescroll on the PFC tutorial. I am inheriting from w_main like the one in the tutorial, i am trying to link data from the same table, for instance my table is called student. My window has 2 dw controlls (dw_master and dw_detail inherited from u_dw) like the one on the tutorial. Because of the time i copied the w_linkagescroll window from the tutorial into my project, and to my surprise it works wonderfully, linking and scrolling the data accordingly. My wi...

problem with sql under datawindow builder
Hello, i have different tables : "medef_mandataires_02" and "medef_mandat_01" i want update one column with this request : UPDATE "medef_mandataires_02" SET "id_mandat" = "medef_mandats_01"."id_mandat" WHERE "medef_mandats_01"."code_mandat" = "medef_mandataires_02"."code_mandat"; the request seems good but datawindow builder give me a mistake : "line : 3 SQLSTATE = S0002 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Table or view not found: correlation name 'medef_mandats_01' not f...

Power Builder Install problem
The application works in the development environment but does not work in the executable built by install. Is there a good way to trouble shoot this problem? The messages did not help us to debug and clock is ticking. On Thu, 30 Oct 1997 20:47:21 -0500, "HP Authorized Customer" <calabro@msn.com> wrote: >The application works in the development environment but does not work in >the executable built by install. > >Is there a good way to trouble shoot this problem? >The messages did not help us to debug and clock is ticking. What exactly is bro...

Regarding migration From Power Builder 6.0 to Power Builder 9.0
Hi, We have a PFC based distributed application using Transport Obejct .We are using MSSQL SERVER 2005 database. We have a task of migrating this application from Power Builder 6.0 to Power Builder 9.0 .Please suggest us steps for migration. Thanks & regards, P.P http://www.techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/powerbuilder_migration.html I would also recommend (a) migrating your existing PFC layer with the app and then (b) directly moving to the PFC layer supplied with PB9 after migratoin. A number of changes were made including remving the tr...

Datawindow Builder Database Selection Problem
--------------9B9A633F9A9B2DA80605E03E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi: I am having a very strange problem, and I am not sure when it started occuring. When I try to edit a (new or existing) datawindow, I have to select the database, twice. That has always been the case. What is different now is that although the first time it lets me browse to the correct database (an Access mdb file not stored under the power directory), the second selection doesn't let me browse to the proper place. I am stuck in a c:\Program Files\Power2...

Problem with Power Builder 11.5
Hi. Since the version 7.0 of Power Builder I am using an user object that contains definite functions in a dynamic library defined as local external function in the user object, this library is built in Visual Basic Version 6. This object continued functioning in the version 9.3, stop I have just received the Version 11.5 and when tries to make use of one of the functions the program is aborted, whether compiled or in way of development. On the other hand, they delivered me a new version of the library developed in Visual C# of Visual Studio 2003 and in none of the two version...

web datawindows for power builder 9
I have instaled the web datawindos of power builder 7 in windows NT using this help "Using the Web DataWindow in ASP or MTS" . Now I'm installing power builder 9.0 in windows 2003 but the file pbdwr70.dll -> pbdwr90.dll does not exists. Thank for help ...

Datawindow Builder Database Selection Problem
--------------9B9A633F9A9B2DA80605E03E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi: I am having a very strange problem, and I am not sure when it started occuring. When I try to edit a (new or existing) datawindow, I have to select the database, twice. That has always been the case. What is different now is that although the first time it lets me browse to the correct database (an Access mdb file not stored under the power directory), the second selection doesn't let me browse to the proper place. I am stuck in a c:\Program Files\Power2...

Web resources about - Power Builder year2000 problems? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

SanDisk’s new wireless memory stick will eradicate smartphone storage problems
... all, there’s never enough storage on most mobile devices whether they’re new iPhones or Android devices. And then there are battery life problems. ...

WA fires: police deny looting problem in Waroona bushfire zone
Hundreds of people who fled West Australia's bushfire-ravaged towns are worried looters are stealing from their unguarded homes, but police insist ...

The age-old problem with the Clintons
The sleaze is endless. Can't the Dems find a better candidate? Like Biden or somebody?

An excellent discussion of the latest Hillary Clinton email problem on "Fox News Sunday."
This is a bit long and starts slow, but the different commentators bring different perspectives that I'll try to highlight, so stick with me: ...

China's Insolvable Problems; Watched Pot Thesis; Roll the Dice
China has not one insolvable problem, but many of them. Yuan and Capital Flight China needs to prop up the yuan to slow capital flight. China ...

Melatonin Helps People Fall Asleep, But Has Potential Problems And Side Effects
... that regulates our sleep/wake cycles. It might seem like a mild and natural alternative to sleeping pills , but there are potential problems. ...

$15 Minimum Wage Poses Problem For This Democratic Governor
$15 Minimum Wage Poses Problem For This Democratic Governor

ESPN Joins In Adrian Peterson Redemption Campaign; Ditka Says "I Never Had A Problem With This"
... once challenging his answers; later, as the Countdown panel reacted, Mike Ditka openly endorsed child abuse and claimed he never had a problem ...

'Daredevil' Promises 'Bigger Problems,' A New Foe and Old Flame in March Return: Check Out the Poster ...
'Daredevil' Promises 'Bigger Problems,' A New Foe and Old Flame in March Return: Check Out the Poster and Trailer