Populate nested report

Hello,
Is there a way to populate nested report with data manually by using
SetItem() instead of SQL retrieval?
Thanks,
-Yuri

0
Yuri

I presume you mean a nested report as opposed to a report in a composite
DW, which you could reference using GetChild.
So, no, not using SetItem. You might be able to do it with dot notation
- look in Help for "Syntax for nested objects in DataWindow property
expressions in PowerBuilder" (you will have to use the Find tab as it
does not show up in the index tab)

Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

On 1/6/2011 12:48 PM, Yuri Den wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a way to populate nested report with data manually by using
> SetItem() instead of SQL retrieval?
> Thanks,
> -Yuri

0
Jerry

nested reports in nested report
Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw. I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and moving som columns - it's a grid report) But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and change the width of i with the syntax dwobject dwo_1 dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1 dwo_1.width = 3000 But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried dwobject dwo_2 dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2 // fails at runtime Does anyone have a sugg...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Problem Created Nested Report Object On Report DataWindow
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213. I face a problem creating a Sub-Report Object on an existing Report Data window. When ever I try to do this the system crushes. I also tried to copy an existing sub-report object from another datawindow. In this case the system does not crush, but all columns on the main datawindow, having a ddlb edit style, loose the ddlb information. (Even if you define them again, when you close & reopen the datawindwo, they are gone)! Any help appreciated Thanks In Advance Stelios ...

Nested Report (is a row in a nested report)
I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. I tried the following statements: dwobject ldw_report any la_data[] ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1] la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data // this statement fails, if there is no row if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ... How about: DataWindowChild ldwc tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.GetChild('dw_1', ldwc) IF ldwc.RowCount() > 0 THEN ..... Brad Dirk wrote: > I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. > > I tried the following statements: > > dwobject ldw_r...

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

Nested report inside nested report
Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report inside already existing nested report? Yes, What problems are you having? Just retreive the main report and the nested - nested report will retrieve. > Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report > inside already existing nested report? ...

nested report in datawindow
I would like to have a nested report in the trailer of a group on my datawindow. the problem is I don't know how big the nested report will be and there isn't a autosize on trailer bands. Can anyone help me with how to do this?? thanks. no, it doesn't do it for you, I suggest if the database support, try to use store procedure to group data for display instead of using nested report! Carol wrote in message ... >I would like to have a nested report in the trailer of a group on my >datawindow. the problem is I don't know how big the nested report will be &...

Nested Report -> Nested Report RowCount()
Hi All, I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . . I have a composite which contains three nested reports dw_letter -> nested_1 nested_2 -> nested_4 nested_3 I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am using dot notation ls_user = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user id_col] I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g. To do this I need something like rowcount ll_max_rows = dw_letter....

GetChild on Nested Report that contains Nested Reports?
I have a composite report that contains five nested reports. One of the nested reports contains nested reports within it. GetChild does not work on this NR. This was listed under the GetChild help. Nested reports: You cannot use GetChild to get a reference to a report in a composite DataWindow when the report itself is a composite or nested DataWindow. I need to get a handle to this NR so I can apply translations. Any ideas? There are multiple rows, therefore PB doesn't know which nested report to apply the change to. What type of change are you doing? > I hav...

Datawindow nested reports
Nested reports problem. You can name them in the painter during development, but not at run time when added using create( ). Problem is there is no way to do a GetChild( ) for run time added nested reports. How else are you to manipulate and share data to a nested report on a composite datawindow? ...

Populating Nested Report
I have a report which contains several nested reports. Many of the nested reports have an external data source. I'm using pb7.0 - my question is, how do I go about populating those nested, external reports? I understand I can't use Getchild, but have had no luck trying to use dot notation. Any suggestions? ...

nested datawindow within another nested datawindow?
I was trying to create a report which has a nested datawindow within another nested datawindow, and PB didn't seem to go for this... got memory errors. Is this even possible? I searched all of the usual resources and couldn't find anything about this... maybe they assumed nobody would be dumb enough to try. thanks, Pat It is perfectly legal to have multiple levels of nested reports. However, nesting isn't supported for certain DW types like grid and n-up. Try testing your DWs on their own to ensure that they work properly. Then nest them one at a time and try to i...

Nested datawindow reports
Is there a way to retreive a nested report using code without have to retrieve the parent datawindow? Is this a DataWindow.Net question? On 21 Oct 2004 10:52:53 -0700, Anthony wrote: >Is there a way to retreive a nested report using code >without have to retrieve the parent datawindow? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange: http://www.codexchange.sybase.com Pre...

Web resources about - Populate nested report - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Facebook Fans Populate National Car Rental Playlist
... its Facebook fans are listening to, so the company teamed up with music-streaming service Songza to allow users who like its page to help populate ...

Facebook Launches Integrations With Spotify, Netflix and More to Populate the Ticker with Playable Content ...
A wide variety of media partners and news publishers have partnered with Facebook to allow uses to publish content to the site that can be immediately ...

Perish the populate thought
Population size and growth, resources and climate change are obviously linked.

Islamic State militants raping thousands of women to populate caliphate, Iraqi official claims
ISLAMIC State fighters are reportedly raping thousands of women in Iraq and Syria to mass-produce spawn who’ll follow in their footsteps. ...

Researchers craft bot to populate Wikipedia with gene data
In order to help make Wikipedia a better source of information for biologists …

Are Chuck Schumer and Steve Israel Working To Populate Congress In The Image Of Scoop Jackson?
History lesson: In 1972 and again in 1976, the Beltway's conservative Democratic Establishment had found its man. The preferred candidate of ...

Extreme Shrimps Could Possibly be Sent to Populate Europa, NASA Reports
Rimicaris hybisae live on the edges of hydrothermal vents 7,500 feet underwater whose temperatures reach 750 degrees Fahrenheit.

Glowing robotic tentacles populate this Petting Zoo
(Credit: Minimaforms) If you swing by the Petting Zoo in Orleans, France, don't expect to see goats. The robotic "pets" that reside there hang ...

CNN.com - Millionaires populate U.S. Senate - Jun. 13, 2003
The U.S. Senate showed once more why it's sometimes called the millionaires' club.

Pokémon 2DS bundles soon to populate Australian store shelves
Australian gamers who have yet to pick up Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will be able to purchase one of two new Nintendo 2DS system bundles on June ...