Please help, PB8 connected to MS-ACCESS ?

Hello to you,
I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8
My background is from vb,vfp

Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ?
It 'd drove me crazy in a week

I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP.
Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is
read-only ?
Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address)
I'd set "custno" to primary key

then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting).
then I open database profile and makes the connection.
When I clciked Connect, It occur message "Catalog table could not be
crerated and are not available for use"
then I clicked [OK], but in database painter I could seen all the table in
my database.
then I created dw and in it's result in grid.

as we know the behaviour, when the result is read-only, there is no pointer
(the background is black)
generally when is editable result is : blue background
(Note : I know this, because I can do it well by connected to MS-SQLSERVER
7.0)

please advice & tell me how to make it

Steven

0
steven

Sorry... i hv a stupid question...
r u sure the access file is not read-only protected?

"steven" <stvhui@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello to you,
> I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8
> My background is from vb,vfp
>
> Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ?
> It 'd drove me crazy in a week
>
> I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP.
> Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is
> read-only ?
> Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address)
> I'd set "custno" to primary key
>
> then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting).
> then I open database profile and makes the connection.
> When I clciked Connect, It occur message "Catalog table could not be
> crerated and are not available for use"
> then I clicked [OK], but in database painter I could seen all the table in
> my database.
> then I created dw and in it's result in grid.
>

> as we know the behaviour, when the result is read-only, there is no
pointer
> (the background is black)
> generally when is editable result is : blue background
> (Note : I know this, because I can do it well by connected to MS-SQLSERVER
> 7.0)
>
> please advice & tell me how to make it
>
> Steven

0
Guruguru
5/13/2002 9:17:20 AM
check the pbcatelogowner property.

"steven" <stvhui@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello to you,
> I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8
> My background is from vb,vfp
>
> Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ?
> It 'd drove me crazy in a week
>
> I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP.
> Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is
> read-only ?
> Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address)
> I'd set "custno" to primary key
>
> then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting).
> then I open database profile and makes the connection.
> When I clciked Connect, It occur message "Catalog table could not be
> crerated and are not available for use"
> then I clicked [OK], but in database painter I could seen all the table in
> my database.
> then I created dw and in it's result in grid.
>

> as we know the behaviour, when the result is read-only, there is no
pointer
> (the background is black)
> generally when is editable result is : blue background
> (Note : I know this, because I can do it well by connected to MS-SQLSERVER
> 7.0)
>
> please advice & tell me how to make it
>
> Steven

0
Namasi

Please help, Connect to MS-ACCESS goes read-only?
[...]

Connecting to MS Access 2007 (I Really Need Your Help Here) Please Read.
First I wanna say thank you for reading this topic. I am a beginner in coding ASP. I really want to learn more about it. My problem is:1. I am connecting to MS Access 2007 as my database (I am using IIS 6). When I run the script, it reads data but when I am going to Update the record error appears like this:Data Source is Read-Only. 2. I Check the file in the IIS Manager and the property 'Read' 'Write' was both checked. Can anyone explain to me what is really a problem here:Please show me some codes. Thanx ASP or ASP.NET?  There's a difference. Show a ...

Please help, I can't create a connection between my web page and database in MS-Access/Sql-Server
Hi all , Recently I was trying to establish a connection between my web page and the database made in MS-Access/SQL-server. But all my efforts were in vain at last. Please help me to do this. Write all the steps. Looking for a perfect solution.  Thanking,Kristian  Which is it? Access or SQL Server?  Here's a tutorial for Access: http://msconline.maconstate.edu/tutorials/aspnet20/default.htm Connection stirngs for all types of database can be found here: http://www.connectionstrings.com  Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site hopefully u are us...

PB8 connect to MS Access
Hi, How i connect to MS Access with OLEDB using password ( PB 8.0.2 ) ? -- Cleber Sch�nhofen Programador TotalBanco� Consultoria e Sistemas Ltda. Do you have an example ? I try this, SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\test.mdb,UID=xx,PWD=yy'" and this dont work. -- Cleber Sch�nhofen Programador TotalBanco� Consultoria e Sistemas Ltda. "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsyba...

Help With MS-Access Connectivity
Hi ,Recently I had created application for login form using SQL express database, which worked fine. But my hosting server doesnot support MS-SQL database. Now I want to do all that using MS-Access. Can somebody plz tell me that how to connect MS-Access with ASP.NET forms ? Any simple connectivity reference to use for login will do. I have created database in Access with following fields.username,password,confirm password,question,answer & email id. I want to connect to this database with ASP.NET forms (2.0) also pz help in inserting records in database. Thankful if extra information is ...

MS ACCESS Problem PLEASE HELP!
Hi all, I have been trying to connect to any MsAccess database via Powerbuilder 6.5 without any success. I get the following message: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC driver] Program Type Is Out Of Area when i try to access the database painter i get this message. I also get this when I open DB Administrator and type in a select to the Access db - it displays the labels of the columns, but does not retrieve anything and also pops- up the aforementioned "Program Type Is Out Of Area" message. FYI, I have MSAccess 97 installed on my PC. Has anyone encountered this b...

MS ACCESS Problem PLEASE HELP!
Hi all, I have been trying to connect to any MsAccess database via Powerbuilder 6.5 without any success (Using PB7 it works fine!). I get the following message: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC driver] Program Type Is Out Of Area when i try to access the database painter i get this message. I also get this when I open DB Administrator and type in a select to the Access db - it displays the labels of the columns, but does not retrieve anything and also pops- up the aforementioned "Program Type Is Out Of Area" message. FYI, I have MSAccess 97 installed on my PC. Ha...

PLEASE HELP!! Need to access a database that has no user accounts..PLEASE HELP!!
Hello, I am a data conversion programmer working to convert the data in a SQL Anywhere Database Ver.5.5.4.(running locally on the same machine where the client app. runs) to another brand database. Right now the only way I can extract the data is through the client Applications which has the database user id/password embedded in to it, but they don't provide all the fields I need. I want to extract some additional columns by connecting to the database using Interactive SQL, but I don't know any user account details(I can't ask the vendor). I have tried the default dba/sql...

Help with connection!! Please help!!
Hi friends, I need to connect my VB.NET application to my website through FTP (using an upload form in my application). I need to do this because I need to upload some images and also update the database on the web with my application's database. Can someone please help me with something on this? Thanks, ~Sim If my answer has helped you then please mark it as answer. It will help you and me gain some credit and resolve the thread. no one can help me? :(If my answer has helped you then please mark it as answer. It will help you and me gain some credit and resolve the thread. ...

Connect PB8 enterprise to MS Access 2002
Hi pb peers what is the best way to connect a PB8 application to a MS access 2002 database through a network ? - ODBC or - OLE DB ? Thanks in advance ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Help Connecting to Local MS Access Database.
I'm trying to connect from PB 6.5 to a MS Access 2000 database on my C:\ drive and I get this error - SQLSTATE = S1003 . . . program type out of range . . . My simple select * query returns me the column names from the table I'm querying - but not the data. Seems like I got some part of what I did right .. . . but not the entire process. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, Robin Sengupta You need the latest PB 6.x maintenance release. There was an update to ODBC with Access 2000 that added datatypes that earlier versions of PB didn't kno...

Help Connecting to Local MS Access Database.
I'm trying to connect from PB 6.5 to a MS Access 2000 database on my C:\ drive and I get this error - SQLSTATE = S1003 . . . program type out of range . . . My simple select * query returns me the column names from the table I'm querying - but not the data. Seems like I got some part of what I did right .. . . but not the entire process. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, Robin Sengupta Please post this question in the PowerBuilder.Database newsgroup. This group is for EAServer - PowerBuilder issues. Regards, Dave Fish [TeamSybase] On ...

MS ACCESS Problem PLEASE HELP! ---UPDATE
Hmm... In addition to my previous message, I tried to connect to MSAccess in PB 7 and it worked fine, so I assume this is a PB6.5 BUUUUUUUUUUUG! does this ring a bell to anyone? I need to do my coding in PB 6.5 thanks again brad schatz loves buuuuuuuuuuug ...

Please! Please! Please! Please! Help
I am very new to the Linux/Oracle/Perl world coming from a many many years of a Windows environment. I have self learned everything I know about this new environment. So far I have successfully installed Redhat 9 in an Intel box and have gotten Oracle 9I running correctly. I can run scripts via sqlplus, sqlldr etc. Perl (I think ver. 5.8.0) is running on the box and I can create and run scripts that do other processes but I have had no success in getting Perl to connect to the Oracle database to generate some reports. With my experience using MS-SQL there is no major issues w...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database -- please help
I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! for Example.. We got some webspace in a third party web space provider. We need to develop an application software with stock maintenance and price monitoring. We prefer to...

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

[need you help] Connect to remote MS Access Database???
Hi expert, how do I connect to MS Access Database that is located remotely?? How to do that using ASP.NET??? Can I make use of ODBC??   Thanks in Advance You can use either ODBC or OLE DB. Refer to the following website for the format of the connection stringshttp://www.connectionstrings.com/ Kumar Reddi There is no way to connect to a remote Access database. Access is a file based database, not a server. What you will need is SQL Server, MySQL or another database server.   pqxl: There is no way to connect to a remote Access database. Access is a file based datab...

Connecting to dbo tables through Microsoft Access, Please Help!
Ok, I hope that this is something simple that I am missing because I'm pretty new to SQL Anywhere. I'm trying to connect to a Sybase SQL Anywhere db from Microsoft Access and when I connect as dba or any other login no matter what groups the user belongs to, I can only see tables that have DBA as the owner. Who ever created the database though, had all of the tables under the DBO user. No matter what I've tried I can't get the tables to show up in the ODBC table linking within Access 97, Access 2000 or Access XP. Please help. Thank you. Ben Johnson Is ther...

Please help me ASP.NET connect to Database Microsoft Access
Dear All Member,  I have some problem with ASP.NET connet to database Microsoft Access. I want create class for connect to database microsoft access as below: Imports Microsoft.VisualBasicImports System.DataImports System.Data.OleDbImports System.ConfigurationImports System.Web.ConfigurationImports System.Web.Hosting Namespace DbAll_Database.DAL    Public Class Db_Database        Private cmd As IDbCommand = New OleDbCommand()        Private strConnectionString As String = ""  &nbs...

Please Help !!! Problems with displaying data for aspDataGrid from MS Access
I have asked my instructors, and searched websites for expamles of displaying a asp datagrid with using a sql query. I am using a sql select from where statement to display data in a grid but an erorr page shows up when I try to display it.  here is a link to my program http://152.8.130.114/waltersj/Project/entertainment.aspx I think the problem is in this portion of my code. The program is supposed to allow the user to select a state from a dropdownlist and display columns with the matching state.          // Read a database and return the DataView         function GetData() : ICollection          {            var set : DataSet = new DataSet();                    // establish a connection, and query the database            var dataBaseConnection: OleDbConnection = new                OleDbConnection( ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings(               "ConnectionString" ) );                      &n...

Web resources about - Please help, PB8 connected to MS-ACCESS ? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Connected sum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , specifically in topology , the operation of connected sum is a geometric modification on manifolds . Its effect is to join two ...

‘The Washington Post’ Cranks Up Facebook-Connected Political News App The Issue Engine
The Washington Post enhanced its coverage of the 2012 presidential election with its release of news application The Issue Engine , which allows ...

The Value of a Facebook-connected Mobile User
... back more often, and are more likely to become paying customers. Many top game developers, for example, have also found that Facebook-connected ...

Facebook mobile game users play longer, spend more than users not connected with the social network
Mobile game players logged in via Facebook generate more revenue for developers, Facebook Games Strategic Partner Manager Sara Brooks said today ...

CMS-Connected (@cmsconnected) on Twitter
Webinar on Saving your Intranet from the Boneyard (and more) with @sethearley @RHarbridge @JiveSoftware Here => ow.

Better connected: Twitter for BlackBerry
A new version of Twitter for BlackBerry introduces new features that make it easier to connect to the people and things you care about. Twitter ...

Global Trade Network-Exporters,Importers,Manufacturers,Wholesalers,Suppliers,Buyers Connected
Find, Connect & Engage with new Buyers, Suppliers, Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Exporters and Importers all-over the world.

Republicans Connected for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Republicans Connected on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Mozilla refocuses Firefox OS on connected devices
One by one, the promising new smartphone operating systems, which hoped to chip away at the Android/iOS duopoly, are admitting defeat and refocusing ...

Is Facebook Sincere In Its Efforts for a More Connected World?
... can’t seem to catch a break. The problem isn’t just about Facebook though; many countries will likely fail to meet the UN’s targets for connectedness ...