pbdwr120.dll ???

I have an eval version of PB12... I have used the
pbdwr100.dll in previous applications (non-powerbuilder apps
- VS2010 wrapped).... I need to upgrade to the version 12
dll, but i can't find it installed anywhere?
0
Craig

That's the DataWindow HTMLGenerator component.  I have no idea what happened
to that file in 12.  It's still there in 11.5.

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Craig" wrote in message news:4d2f5487.6402.1681692777@sybase.com...

I have an eval version of PB12... I have used the
pbdwr100.dll in previous applications (non-powerbuilder apps
- VS2010 wrapped).... I need to upgrade to the version 12
dll, but i can't find it installed anywhere?

0
Terry
1/13/2011 8:45:57 PM
Application Techniques says it's for the Web DW.
I found pbdwr120.pbd, .reg, and .tlb in the program
files(x86)\sybase\shared\powerbuilder directory.

Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

On 1/13/2011 3:45 PM, Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] wrote:
> That's the DataWindow HTMLGenerator component. I have no idea what
> happened to that file in 12. It's still there in 11.5.
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Craig" wrote in message news:4d2f5487.6402.1681692777@sybase.com...
>
> I have an eval version of PB12... I have used the
> pbdwr100.dll in previous applications (non-powerbuilder apps
> - VS2010 wrapped).... I need to upgrade to the version 12
> dll, but i can't find it installed anywhere?
0
Jerry
1/13/2011 9:55:59 PM
Hi Terry;

Yes, that file seems to be missing even in the PBVM deployment over to
EAServer.

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]"  wrote in message

That's the DataWindow HTMLGenerator component.  I have no idea what happened
to that file in 12.  It's still there in 11.5.

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Craig" wrote in message news:4d2f5487.6402.1681692777@sybase.com...

I have an eval version of PB12... I have used the
pbdwr100.dll in previous applications (non-powerbuilder apps
- VS2010 wrapped).... I need to upgrade to the version 12
dll, but i can't find it installed anywhere?

0
Chris
1/13/2011 10:11:09 PM
Hi Jerry;

  Yes, I found those files in my "D:\Program
Files\Sybase12\Shared\PowerBuilder" folder as well.

"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]"  wrote in message

Application Techniques says it's for the Web DW.
I found pbdwr120.pbd, .reg, and .tlb in the program
files(x86)\sybase\shared\powerbuilder directory.

Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

On 1/13/2011 3:45 PM, Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] wrote:
> That's the DataWindow HTMLGenerator component. I have no idea what
> happened to that file in 12. It's still there in 11.5.
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Craig" wrote in message news:4d2f5487.6402.1681692777@sybase.com...
>
> I have an eval version of PB12... I have used the
> pbdwr100.dll in previous applications (non-powerbuilder apps
> - VS2010 wrapped).... I need to upgrade to the version 12
> dll, but i can't find it installed anywhere?

0
Chris
1/14/2011 1:00:17 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I found the files you mentioned,
but no .dll.   I find it strange, because it is even listed
in
the documentation as being a part of PB12 runtime package.
I can do an import of the .tlb to create the dll, but still
strange that it is not there to begin with.

> Hi Jerry;
>
>   Yes, I found those files in my "D:\Program
> Files\Sybase12\Shared\PowerBuilder" folder as well.
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]"  wrote in message
>
> Application Techniques says it's for the Web DW.
> I found pbdwr120.pbd, .reg, and .tlb in the program
> files(x86)\sybase\shared\powerbuilder directory.
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 1/13/2011 3:45 PM, Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] wrote:
> > That's the DataWindow HTMLGenerator component. I have no
> > idea what happened to that file in 12. It's still there
> in 11.5. >
> > -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> > http://casexpress.sybase.com
> > http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
> >
> > "Craig" wrote in message
> news:4d2f5487.6402.1681692777@sybase.com... >
> > I have an eval version of PB12... I have used the
> > pbdwr100.dll in previous applications (non-powerbuilder
> > apps - VS2010 wrapped).... I need to upgrade to the
> > version 12 dll, but i can't find it installed anywhere?

0
Craig
1/14/2011 3:03:26 PM
Not sure why you need access to this specific DLL?  If you tell us what
you're doing with it, perhaps we can direct you to its new location within
the 12.0 runtime DLLs...

Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

<Craig> wrote in message news:4d2f5487.6402.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I have an eval version of PB12... I have used the
> pbdwr100.dll in previous applications (non-powerbuilder apps
> - VS2010 wrapped).... I need to upgrade to the version 12
> dll, but i can't find it installed anywhere?

0
Paul
1/14/2011 3:57:46 PM
I would open a case with Tech Support.  If even the documentation says it
should be there, you have a strong argument for a bug in the PB installation
routine.

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Craig" wrote in message news:4d3065be.2376.1681692777@sybase.com...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I found the files you mentioned,
but no .dll.   I find it strange, because it is even listed
in
the documentation as being a part of PB12 runtime package.
I can do an import of the .tlb to create the dll, but still
strange that it is not there to begin with.

> Hi Jerry;
>
>   Yes, I found those files in my "D:\Program
> Files\Sybase12\Shared\PowerBuilder" folder as well.
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]"  wrote in message
>
> Application Techniques says it's for the Web DW.
> I found pbdwr120.pbd, .reg, and .tlb in the program
> files(x86)\sybase\shared\powerbuilder directory.
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 1/13/2011 3:45 PM, Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] wrote:
> > That's the DataWindow HTMLGenerator component. I have no
> > idea what happened to that file in 12. It's still there
> in 11.5. >
> > -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> > http://casexpress.sybase.com
> > http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
> >
> > "Craig" wrote in message
> news:4d2f5487.6402.1681692777@sybase.com... >
> > I have an eval version of PB12... I have used the
> > pbdwr100.dll in previous applications (non-powerbuilder
> > apps - VS2010 wrapped).... I need to upgrade to the
> > version 12 dll, but i can't find it installed anywhere?

0
Terry
1/14/2011 4:02:34 PM
Hi Paul,

Primarily, i need to use the functionality in pbdwr120.dll
to open a .psr from the db, then convert the code to HTML (i
render it, as well as convert the html on to PDF format).
This is all done within an asp.net project (VS2010 C#), so
it's not a native PB app. I've been able to do it this way
with the version 10 dll. If there are alternatives, i'm open
:)

> Not sure why you need access to this specific DLL?  If you
> tell us what  you're doing with it, perhaps we can direct
> you to its new location within  the 12.0 runtime DLLs...
>
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com
>
> <Craig> wrote in message
> news:4d2f5487.6402.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have an
> > eval version of PB12... I have used the pbdwr100.dll in
> > previous applications (non-powerbuilder apps - VS2010
> > wrapped).... I need to upgrade to the version 12 dll,
> but i can't find it installed anywhere?

0
Craig
1/14/2011 5:46:36 PM
You could write a PB NVO that does this, then deploy it as a .NET assembly.
Then you call that assembly from within your C# program.
That keeps you abstracted to a layer above writing directly to the runtime
DLLs (and prevent this situation from happening in the future.)

Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

<Craig> wrote in message news:4d308bfc.317c.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi Paul,
>
> Primarily, i need to use the functionality in pbdwr120.dll
> to open a .psr from the db, then convert the code to HTML (i
> render it, as well as convert the html on to PDF format).
> This is all done within an asp.net project (VS2010 C#), so
> it's not a native PB app. I've been able to do it this way
> with the version 10 dll. If there are alternatives, i'm open
> :)
>
>> Not sure why you need access to this specific DLL?  If you
>> tell us what  you're doing with it, perhaps we can direct
>> you to its new location within  the 12.0 runtime DLLs...
>>
>> Paul Horan[Sybase]
>> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com
>>
>> <Craig> wrote in message
>> news:4d2f5487.6402.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have an
>> > eval version of PB12... I have used the pbdwr100.dll in
>> > previous applications (non-powerbuilder apps - VS2010
>> > wrapped).... I need to upgrade to the version 12 dll,
>> but i can't find it installed anywhere?

0
Paul
1/14/2011 9:38:38 PM
Sounds like a nice solution. However, i have zero experience
writing actual PB apps or NVO's for that matter. If you can
point me to some clear and simple tutorials, i'll give it a
shot.
Thanks

> You could write a PB NVO that does this, then deploy it as
> a .NET assembly.  Then you call that assembly from within
> your C# program. That keeps you abstracted to a layer
> above writing directly to the runtime  DLLs (and prevent
> this situation from happening in the future.)
>
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com
>
> <Craig> wrote in message
> > news:4d308bfc.317c.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi Paul,
> >
> > Primarily, i need to use the functionality in
> > pbdwr120.dll to open a .psr from the db, then convert
> > the code to HTML (i render it, as well as convert the
> > html on to PDF format). This is all done within an
> > asp.net project (VS2010 C#), so it's not a native PB
> > app. I've been able to do it this way with the version
> > 10 dll. If there are alternatives, i'm open :)
> >
> >> Not sure why you need access to this specific DLL?  If
> you >> tell us what  you're doing with it, perhaps we can
> direct >> you to its new location within  the 12.0 runtime
> DLLs... >>
> >> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> >> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com
> >>
> >> <Craig> wrote in message
> >> news:4d2f5487.6402.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have an
> in >> > previous applications (non-powerbuilder apps -
> VS2010 >> > wrapped).... I need to upgrade to the version
> 12 dll, >> but i can't find it installed anywhere?

0
Craig

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Not signed assemblies DataWindow.dll and DataWindowInterop.dll
Hello, I am in trouble with unsigned assemblies DataWindow.dll and DataWindowInterop.dll. I am not able to sign my assembly that is referencing these DW assemblies. Where can I get signed assemblies? PS: I do not use beta version. Marek Signed assemblies will be available soon by EBF <Marek Cvrk> wrote in message news:413710a4.4172.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > I am in trouble with unsigned assemblies DataWindow.dll and > DataWindowInterop.dll. I am not able to sign my assembly > that is referencing these DW assemblies. > Where can I get signed assemb...

Delphi dll
I'm developing a dll file in Delphi 7 in order to use it in a Powerbuilder 10.5 application. I get strange results in PB when i try to pass a string through a function or procedure. I've tried pchar, pwidechar, lpstr, lpctstr in D7 and string or REF string in PB, but nothing seems to be working properly. The function in D7 is quite simple, i just take a string for input, encode it and return an encoded string for output. In PB i get a lot of "squares" in my output string. There seems to be a problem reading (from PB) the memory address that is pointed out from D...

To dll or not to dll...
I have been using the vwd express up until recently I downloaded 90 day trial of vs 2005 prof.Been practicing with various things with just 5 page site, updating by merely ftp-ing files to the server.Upon using VS 2005, I noticed I could create a dll in a '/bin' folder by selecting to 'publish site' (or something similar, don't remember off-hand).  Is there advantage to doing this (with a larger site, of course) and have I been doing this wrong all along? TIA Този уебсайт е твърде бавен. Мисля, че IIS 7 не е конфигуриран правилно. Моля, премахнете банери по-горе. Two advanta...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Powerbuilder dll
I am curious to know what dll is required to interact between Powerbuilder 8.0.3 build 9933 and an Oracle 9i database? Where can this dll be found(i.e. download)? PB09080.DLL and it comes with PowerBuilder. It may have come in 8.04 or a later EBF though. On 27 Jul 2004 05:39:05 -0700, jeff s wrote: >I am curious to know what dll is required to interact >between Powerbuilder 8.0.3 build 9933 and an Oracle 9i >database? Where can this dll be found(i.e. download)? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Vote for PocketBuilder in the Mobile Village awar...

PowerBuilde DLL
I have required a PB 11.5 dll in our application. How I will get the dll? Well, which one? There are quite a few... I'm assuming that you mean the PBVM, which is just the runtime environment, not the full IDE. This can be downloaded from the SPDC at http://sybase.subscribenet.com -- Paul Horan[Sybase] http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/ <Partha> wrote in message news:4b4653ea.656.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have required a PB 11.5 dll in our application. > How I will get the dll? You can copy the files required for deployed applications from the IDE inst...

Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts application. This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204. I am able to build the dll on my development machine and properly register the dll on my development machine on windows 7. When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32. No error is displayed and the message box identifing that the registration was successful is never displayed. I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the powerbuilder runtime packager. I also deployed...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_C...

WSOCK32.DLL and Powerbuilder.
Hello. Can somebody help me with some examples of calling functions in the WSOCK32.DLL (WSAStartUp, GetHostName, GetHostByName, WSACleanUp) and the KERNEL32.DLL function RtlMoveMemory. I'm trying to determine the dynamically assigned IP address from my ISP from within an PB 7.0.2 application. Regards, Johan Bakker Try this -- http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/PB/tips/pbtip14.htm -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Johan Bakker" <jm.bakker@pragmat...

PowerBuilder`s DLL
A long time ago I found here in Sybase`s WebSite a documentation about powerbuilder`s DLL (description of each one). Would somebody know how can I find this documentation again ? Thanks The Application Techniques manual describes each of the deployment DLLs. Don't know of any list describing the others. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:51:27 -0300, "Luiz Felipe de Camargo" <lcamargo@horizon.com.br> wrote: >A long time ago I found here in Sybase`s WebSite a documentation about >powerbuilder`s DLL ...

Web resources about - pbdwr120.dll ??? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow