PB11 , datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 can't limit in 10BYTE

I'm Chinese,use pb 11.2.
so , I want set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10,
that the user can enter 10 byte .
In pb8, it runs ok,but in pb 11.2 ,user can enter 10 Chinese
Characters ,so that can't save database.

How can I do to make it limit in 10 byte.
thanks
0
xys_777

I believe you'll have to make the column 20 wide to account for the double
storage that the byte uses.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

<xys_777> wrote in message news:4c0831fe.7661.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I'm Chinese,use pb 11.2.
> so , I want set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10,
> that the user can enter 10 byte .
> In pb8, it runs ok,but in pb 11.2 ,user can enter 10 Chinese
> Characters ,so that can't save database.
>
> How can I do to make it limit in 10 byte.
> thanks

0
Terry
6/3/2010 10:52:55 PM
oh,the datawindow  is created from database , so  the
datawindow.column.edit.limit value default set by db table's
column . that I don't want  to set it always.and there is
lot of datawinodws now.

> I believe you'll have to make the column 20 wide to
> account for the double  storage that the byte uses.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> <xys_777> wrote in message
> > news:4c0831fe.7661.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm Chinese
> > ,use pb 11.2. so , I want set
> > datawindow.column.edit.limit=10, that the user can enter
> > 10 byte . In pb8, it runs ok,but in pb 11.2 ,user can
> > enter 10 Chinese Characters ,so that can't save
> database. >
> > How can I do to make it limit in 10 byte.
> > thanks

0
xys_777
6/4/2010 6:12:31 AM
is there any other methods&#65311;
> I believe you'll have to make the column 20 wide to
> account for the double  storage that the byte uses.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> <xys_777> wrote in message
> > news:4c0831fe.7661.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm Chinese
> > ,use pb 11.2. so , I want set
> > datawindow.column.edit.limit=10, that the user can enter
> > 10 byte . In pb8, it runs ok,but in pb 11.2 ,user can
> > enter 10 Chinese Characters ,so that can't save
> database. >
> > How can I do to make it limit in 10 byte.
> > thanks

0
xys_777

How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11
How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11 I'm Chinese. In PB9.0 datawindow.column.edit.limit is set by DataBase Column width and it's all right for ANSI. But datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 in PB11 can not limit in 10 BYTE width. help me,I hava a lot of datawindows ,you known. This question was answered in the general group. Please don't crosspost. -- Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <xys_777> wrote in me...

How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11 I'm Chinese. In PB9.0 datawindow.column.edit.limit is set by DataBase Column width and it's all right for ANSI. But datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 in PB11 can not limit in 10 BYTE width. help me,I hava a lot of datawindows ,you known. <xys_777> wrote in message news:4c0ec1f1.9db.1681692777@sybase.com... > How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in > 10BYTE in PB11 The edit limit is characters, not bytes. It has ALWAYS been characters, but this usually was the sam...

How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11 ,
In PB9.0 datawindow.column.edit.limit is set by DataBase Column width and it's all right for ANSI. But datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 in PB11 can not limit in 10 BYTE width. help me,I hava a lot of datawindows ,you known. ...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

can't edit datawindow
I have built a very simple data window based on a select all fields statement to a table on ASE 12.0. For some reason when I preview the datawindow, I can see the data fields but I cannot edit any of the data nor can I tab through the data. Does anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance. Do you have a unique key / primary index defined? Did you set the update properties on the dw? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp ...

can't edit datawindow
I have built a very simple data window based on a select all fields statement to a table on ASE 12.0. For some reason when I preview the datawindow, I can see the data fields but I cannot edit any of the data nor can I tab through the data. Does anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance. You should try to set taborder in your datawindow (non 0 value) jc wrote: > > I have built a very simple data window based on a select all fields > statement to a table on ASE 12.0. For some reason when I preview the > datawindow, I can see the data fields but I ...

Can't edit datawindow syntax
Hi, All When I get into design mode of a datawindow and click 'SQL' button, I was shown a 'syntax' window which is all greyed out. I can't edit it at all. I used to be able to edit it. Could anyone tell me what and how to fix this? I'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks CJ CJ; TMU, the syntax window has never been able to edit...Just display! HTH, Austin "CJ" <clai@state.mt.us> wrote in message news:OB2nvbVGDHA.243@forums-2-dub... > Hi, All > When I get into design mode of a datawindow and click 'SQL' button, I ...

Can't edit data in datawindow.
I can't seem to edit the data fields in any of my datawindows. I've set the "Update Properties" of the datawindow to allow updates but the fields just can't be changed. Any clues would be great, thanks. Did you check the taborder on your fields? If they're 0, you can't edit... -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Alex B> wrote in message news:3fce3714.1e31.846930886@sybase.com... > I can't seem to edit the data fields in any of my > datawindows. > I've set the "Update Properties" o...

why English string in which there is no space char can't return in PB datawindow's column whose datatype is char or varchar
Why English string in which there is no space char can't return in PB datawindow's column whose datatype is char or varchar I'm not sure I completely understand your question here, but it sounds like a concern over padding or non-padding of character strings in the datawindow. Depending on the database driver used from PowerBuilder, there are various levels of control of this behavior. It doesn't appear that this is really EAServer related, so I would suggest reposting your question on the powerbuilder.database forum with some more specfics on what behavior you ...

Can't Edit Datawindow in VS.Net
I created the Datawindow.NET tutorial winform. All is fine except that when I try to edit the datawindowcontrol from within VS I get the following messagebox: "Process performance counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed". Reload works fine. I looked aroung the Web for this message, but what I found mostly concerns handling processes from .NET. Any ideas? You should be posting this in the private datawindow.net beta forum. Please review the beta instructions, particular the section on requesting technical assistance. On 13 Apr 2004 22:10:03 ...

Can't create or edit datawindows anymore...
I could use some help figuring out why I can't create datawindows anymore. PB 10.5.2 build 7699 crashes every time I try to create a new datawindow or edit the SQL of an existing one. When creating a new one, it lets me build the SQL and I get to the last step and click the finish button, I see where it puts "(Untitled)" in the title bar of the window but then PB crashes. I've tried creating dws against different database bases, using quick select and external datawindows w/o success. It crashes when trying to render the datawindow to the screen. For existin...

Datawindow can't accept timestamp column.
I have an application created by Powerbuilder version 9.02 and SQL Server2005 as the database. We used stored procedures to create datawindows. This application has been used for more than 10 years. We keep all our source code in a version manager produc called PVCS. Recently, we wanted to modify the application. We checked out the datawindows from PVCS and this action caused a big issue. When the datawindows contain the column 'timestamp', I keep getting the error message "Select error: Data-Conversion resulted in overflow." to retrieve data. When I removed this...

Datawindow can't accept timestamp column.
I have an application created by Powerbuilder version 9.02 and SQL Server2005 as the database. We used stored procedures to create datawindows. This application has been used for more than 10 years. We keep all our source code in a version manager produc called PVCS. Recently, we wanted to modify the application. We checked out the datawindows from PVCS and this action caused a big issue. When the datawindows contain the column 'timestamp', I keep getting the error message "Select error: Data-Conversion resulted in overflow." to retrieve data. When I removed this ...

Web resources about - PB11 , datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 can't limit in 10BYTE - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo