PB, print a datawindow with a specific font

Hello everybody,

I have the next problem :
I want to print a datawindow with this specific fonts 'OCR-B 10Pitch BT
(TRUETYPE)'.
This font doesn't exist in fonts for windows 95. So I have add it.
So now, I can use this font in a datawindow painter but When I want to print
this window, I have strange character.
When I print a letter with this font in word, I have no problem. The printer
can print with this font.
So I think, It is powerbuilder that can't manage this font.
I must use absolutly this font in PB.

Thanks for all

0
Nathalie

We use OCR fonts with no problem. The font must be added on every machine
that runs the application. It does not get embedded in the datawindow.

Nathalie Meurant wrote in message <#m5gV4X8$GA.196@forums.sybase.com>...
>Hello everybody,
>
>I have the next problem :
>I want to print a datawindow with this specific fonts 'OCR-B 10Pitch BT
>(TRUETYPE)'.
>This font doesn't exist in fonts for windows 95. So I have add it.
>So now, I can use this font in a datawindow painter but When I want to
print
>this window, I have strange character.
>When I print a letter with this font in word, I have no problem. The
printer
>can print with this font.
>So I think, It is powerbuilder that can't manage this font.
>I must use absolutly this font in PB.
>
>Thanks for all

0
Jerry

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

PowerBuilder 6 changes printed datawindow font
We recently migrated an application from PowerBuilder 5 to PowerBuilder 6. One of the datawindows has fields using the Microsoft Sans Serif 8 font. When printed, the font is different on two of the same HP printers. Both of the printers printed exactly the same way when the application was in PowerBuilder 5. Also, the verticle field spacing has changed from PowerBuilder 5 to PowerBuilder 6. Has anybody had these results? Does the 6.0.01 patch (currently in beta) fix this? Brian Valerie, A change to the way PBU's are calculated was made to PB6. The end result is that PB...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

PB Datawindow to DataWindow .Net Migration
We have a datawindows in PB 9 and PB 11 also. Now we are planing move to .Net Applications. We are generating all PB objects in to .Net(C#) except data windows. Now we are planing to move PB datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Can you please explaing the way to convert/migrate PB Datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Advanced thanks for your suggesstions. Thank You, Chaithu Start the Datawindow Designer applet and create a new Project. Then use the Import... feature to import the datawindow source .SRD files. These can be exported from PowerBuilder. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] ...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

PB crashes on DataWindow print
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CAD1BB.C4FD3AE0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all, the appended PSR file forces PB 10.5.2 to crasg if I try to print it. Any ideas what the reason may be? TIA Chris Werner f+s software gmbh ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CAD1BB.C4FD3AE0 Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="vrld_SIE_2010-03-29___1.psr" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; f...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Datawindows with child datawindows

PB9: DataWindow.Printer vs. DataWindow.Print.PrinterName
In PB8, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer allowed you to direct Print functions for the DW to a specific printer. In PB9, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Print.PrinterName is supposed to provide that capability, but dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer still exists. What is the difference? When should each property be used? TIA, Chet The only thing I can see is that possible the DataWindow.Printer is still here for backwards compatibility.... It seems that the .printer only affects setting the printer for that datawindow and does not change it for the PB or System default printe...

Web resources about - PB, print a datawindow with a specific font - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo