PB open very much handle of regestry key

Hi!

   When I work with PB 5 interactively, It opens a lot of handles for
registry key HKCU\Software\Powersoft\PowerBuilder\5.0. Alter getting up to
some value
(usually it is several thousand handles) PB crashes. I apply to Sybase
tehnical support service. Is there anyone who can (answer) explain when the
bug will be fixed. I would receive some response from Sybase
tehnical support.

P.S. Testing PB6 I found the same error.

--
Andrey Leskovoy
http://www.fuib.com/

0
Andrey

GPF open datawindow painter on PB 11.0 or PB 11.1
I have created an application PB 11.0 on Vista. It runs well although sometime the PB is crashed. I could create many objects especially the datawindows. After some months I could not open the datawindow painter, The PB is always crashed. I tried to install the EBF15249, the problem still same. I tried to clean install the PB with PB 11.1 but it give no solution for my problem. Then I wait for the next EBF and the new EBF15360 was released and I install it. Unfortunately the problem is not resolved yet. I just wondering and guessing maybe my application was corrupt, then ...

PowerBuilder down on opening a datawindow.
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i. Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow. Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow painter, PowerBulider gets down. Someone told me that changing default printer might help. But it didn't help. Please help me. Thanks. Several suggestions: First make a backup of the datawindow to another .pbl (you may even want to create a new .pbl just to hold the backup). 1) Try regenerating just the datawindow. 2) Try optimizing your .pbls then a full regeneration (back up all the .pbls first, again just as a ...

Difference in the way insert & delete on key modification is handled between pb 6.5 & PB 8
I've run across some behaviour that has changed between PB 6.5 and PB 8.03 (9704)... When the update properties of a datawindow are set to delete & insert on key modification, Powerbuilder 6.5 appears to compare the original and new values of the key column(s) and only issues a delete & insert if they are different. Powerbuilder 8 appears to use the column status, and will issue a delete and insert even when the old and new values are the same if the status of the column is datamodified. We used the obvious workaround of changing the datawindow to update on key...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows.
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle Remove the Layout/DataWindow key from the HKCU/Software/Sybase/PowerBuilder/<version> key in the registry. On 27 Sep 2005 14:29:30 -0700, Joelle wrote: >Hi, >when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open >menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on >the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to...

PB crash when opening datawindow
Hi, I have a problem with PB9.0.1 (7119) : when I try to open (or create) a datawindow I've got an exception error and pb crash. I have this error since today (yesterday it works fine) Does anybody know why ? Thanks. Here is something that I pulled off the groups a while ago that helped me when I have had that problem a couple of times: Close the PB IDE. Go to the registry and open HKEY_CURENT_USER--> SOFTWARE--> SYBASE-->POWERBUILDER--> 9.0--> LAYOUT--> DEFAULT For the Datawindow key, open it and save that value off somewhere. Then clear out the ...

How to handle the customer datawindows in PB?
Thanks Terry, You've always been very helpful! Let me describe our business requirement first: (1) We want our client to create their reports thru Infomaker on their own. The reports are saved in a pbl, say rpt.pbl (2) Our PB application should be able to print those reports without including rpt.pbl into the build. (3) Our client may add/delete/modify the Infomaker reports. To meet the above requirements our initial solution was: (1) use LibraryDirectory() to get a list dw objects, based on the report.pbl file provided by the client. (2) use LibraryExport() to get the dwsyn...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle You need to post this in a PowerBuilder related section. This is the DataWindow.Net section. <Joelle> wrote in message news:4339b8bf.521c.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open > menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on > the datawindow and select Edit Sourc...

Opening a datawindow crashes PowerBuilder
At work we have about 5 different developers that experienced a problem when opening any datawindow from the PowerBuilder painter. PB crashes and halts altogether. Funny thing is their PowerBuilder was working fine the day before. My PowerBuilder still is working fine and some other developers have not experienced the problem. All of the affected PowerBuilder programs are on separate pc's and the developers work on different PowerBuilder projects. That makes the mystery even more confusing. The error is a pb70.exe - "Application Error" with the error being "Th...

Handling a key press in a Datawindow
Hello, I have a user event 'ue_dwnkey' defined in a datawindow control, mapped to 'pbm_dwnkey'. I also have some script in the 'editchanged' event of the datawindow control. When I press a key in the datawindow edit control, will both the 'pbm_dwnchanging' and the 'pbm_dwnkey' messages be generated ? Which event will be generated first ? Will both the messages be handled ? Which will be handled first ? TIA, Ganesh In article <iKapux9a#GA.216@forums.powersoft.com>, nospamrganesh123@aol.com says... > Hello, > I have a...

Web resources about - PB open very much handle of regestry key - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

FARK.com: (7792802) Attention, responsible gun owners: Gun-toting toddlers killed more Americans that ...
Attention, responsible gun owners: Gun-toting toddlers killed more Americans that terrorists did this year

2014 was a record year for post-trial exonerations
... States who had been convicted of crimes were exonerated—the highest number ever recorded,according to a new report from the National Regestry ...

Should the federal government be forced to preserve data from the scrapped gun registry? (poll 6111461) ...
Why is everyone still beating a dead horse? The LGR is gone and so will all the out of date information that came along with it. Period. It's ...

ICC: Telephone
Illinois Commerce Commission 527 East Capitol Avenue, Springfield, Illinois, 62701 Search: Advanced Menu Consumers Comment on a Case File a ...

Should the federal government be forced to preserve data from the scrapped gun registry? - Results (poll ...