PB 7.03 - ASA 7.02 Datawindow join misses last column in foreign key

I have a table with four columns that are referenced from another
table. My problem is that when I am selecting from both tables
graphically in the datawindow painter PB only joins three of the
columns in the foreign key.

Is this an error, or is it some setting that I have forgotten?

I can of course join them manualy, but this behavior can be a source
for errors later.

Regards
Snorre Myklebust
0
Snorre

The SQL painter takes its best guess based on column names, but (like any
other silicon-based intelligence) cannot be relied on to know what you are
thinking. It is the programmer who is responsible for making sure the code
is right.

Snorre Myklebust wrote in message
<940vat4ja7k6jgulsmuk9ji1r1r736o7fm@4ax.com>...
>I have a table with four columns that are referenced from another
>table. My problem is that when I am selecting from both tables
>graphically in the datawindow painter PB only joins three of the
>columns in the foreign key.
>
>Is this an error, or is it some setting that I have forgotten?
>

>I can of course join them manualy, but this behavior can be a source
>for errors later.
>
>Regards
>Snorre Myklebust

0
Jerry
3/14/2001 2:59:09 PM
PB should find the foreign keys in the database, and this is working
against ASA 5.504.

I tried to make two similar tables in PB with a foreign key that joins
col1 with col1, col2 with col2 and col3 with col3.

This time the joins where all wrong in the datawindow painter.

col1 in table1 was joined with col3 in second table
col2 in table1 was joined with col1 in second table
col3 in table1 was joined with col2 in second table

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:59:09 -0500, "Jerry Siegel"
<jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote:

>The SQL painter takes its best guess based on column names, but (like any
>other silicon-based intelligence) cannot be relied on to know what you are
>thinking. It is the programmer who is responsible for making sure the code
>is right.
>
>Snorre Myklebust wrote in message
><940vat4ja7k6jgulsmuk9ji1r1r736o7fm@4ax.com>...
>>I have a table with four columns that are referenced from another
>>table. My problem is that when I am selecting from both tables
>>graphically in the datawindow painter PB only joins three of the
>>columns in the foreign key.
>>
>>Is this an error, or is it some setting that I have forgotten?
>>

>>I can of course join them manualy, but this behavior can be a source
>>for errors later.
>>
>>Regards
>>Snorre Myklebust

0
Snorre

7.02/7.03/7.04
Is there some documentation somewhere that outlines the major differences between these versions? It seems that they're all three still active codebases. We're using 7.0.2.1506 in production, and I want to recommend an upgrade, but I'm not sure which version to target. Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com Look at the online help (HtmlHelp) included with 7.04. The home page has links to new features in 7.0.4(none), 7.0.3, 7.0.2, etc. Also, from this document on the sybase website (http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1002288,00.ht...

Infomaker 7 report = Powerbuilder 7 datawindow
Hi! We've recently migrated to powerbuilder 7 from powerbuilder 5. And we've taken advantage of the ability to create and modify the same reports in both powerbuilder and infomaker. However just now we've noticed a problem with modify a report created in powerbuilder in infomaker and visa versa. The datasource does not appear correctly. Powerbuilder & Infomaker 7.0.2 Build 8024 Is their a work around for this issue, or should be at a different patch level? Thanks! Richard W. Miquest I'm not following you. What do you mean with 'the datasource...

Datawindow problems when migrating from PB 7.03 to PB 9
We are using PB 7.03 with MSSQL 2000 We are currently doing some tests prior migrating all our applications. I successfully migrate one application but at the run time some reports (datawindow) show me erronous information. We found that the datawindows that are not working correctly contains some outer joins and 3 or more tables (If a dw have only 2 tables with some outer joins, it's working fine) In PB 9 when we create datawindows with outer joins, PB put them in the FROM section of the SQL. In PB 7 it put them in the WHERE section. I think I will need to change t...

Datawindow problem in PB 7.03
My datawindow is retrieving when i connect to one database and gives a GPF at pbdwe70.dll when i connect to another. Both the databases are Oracle 8 and the PB version is 7.03 build 10009. Any leads in this matter will be appreciated. Regards Pradeep Please post to powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general This is for PB issues while being used within Jaguar/EAS Thanks A. pradeep wrote: > > My datawindow is retrieving when i connect to one database and gives a GPF > at pbdwe70.dll when i connect to another. Both the databases are Oracle 8 > and the PB version is...

DataWindow Expressions in PB 7.02
I have an application that has been migrated from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PB 7.02. In PB 6.5 when creating a datawindow I could right click on a column object and a pop-up window would display where I would then select properties. The column object window would display and a tab page titled expressions with a list of properties and an entry field into which you could type in expressions for the various properties. My question is does anyone know where to input expressions for the various properties in PowerBuilder 7.02? The user interface changed significantly from PB 6.5 and I have be...

Datawindow problem in PB 7.03
My datawindow is retrieving when i connect to one database and gives a GPF at pbdwe70.dll when i connect to another. Both the databases are Oracle 8 and the PB version is 7.03 build 10009. Any leads in this matter will be appreciated. Are you saying that while you are connected to one DB and performing a retrieve, that you are trying to connect to another DB? Are you using two separate tyransaction objects to do this? <prad> wrote in message news:C4DA91A7F3695AA700638A9385256A7A.00638AA285256A7A@webforums... > My datawindow is retrieving when i connect to one dat...

empty dddw column in 7.02 versus 7.03
We installed patch 7.03 and number columns with dddw which contains data value 0 start to be prefilled by 0 when "empty string is null" is checked in edit regime. We installed back library Pbdwe70.dll from 7.02 and all is Ok (dw column is prefilled by empty value again). We use oracle 8.1.6 via O73 or O84 interface. Version mix is dangerous but we had to do it due to time presure. Would you recommend me other solution ? Jiri ...

PB 7.03 -- 100095 datawindow problems
Does anybody else experience the same datawindow glitches that we have since upgrading to 100095 of 7.03? Missing column headers on grid datawindows, misbehavior of certain datawindow control events? Is there a newer EBF available? ...

7.02 or 7.03
I am moving this weekend from 7.01 (we have a problem that has crept up that was supposedly fixed in 7.02). My question is this, I think that 7.03 is a beta. How safe is it to go to 7.03 now, or should I just go to 7.02? We have a simple setup - One MTA, One PO, one gwia, one webacc, and around 200 clients. Pere wrote: > I am moving this weekend from 7.01 (we have a problem that has crept up that > was supposedly fixed in 7.02). My question is this, I think that 7.03 is a > beta. How safe is it to go to 7.03 now, or should I just go to 7.02? > > We h...

About Datawindow
Hi, I have created a datawindow from a stored procedure created in MSSQL 7.0. I am passing arguments to the stored procedure. When I retrieve data for the datawindow I pass valid values for the arguments, but the datawindow prompts for the arguments again for the second time then shows the result. When it prompts second time for the arguments if I say cancel it still retrieves the data. This happens in the preview mode as well as through the script. What is going wrong ? Thanks in advance. Sorry Guys , I found the problem. Don't worry about it! LNN wrote in messag...

PB 7.02/7.03 Crashing When Creating DW's
We've just begun to start experimenting putting dw column extended attributes in PowerDesigner AppModeler 6.1.5.852. DW's generate fine using AppModeler but when we try to build a tabular dw from within PowerBuilder it crashes with this exception on 3 different PC's: The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1124F2C5 (DBI_EditStyleInfo) Deleting the PB catalog repository tables and having PB recreate them fixes the problem until we use PowerDesigner to Generate PowerBuilder Attributes again. Anyone else have this problem? -- Neil Negandhi negandhi@vex.net ...

PB 7.02/7.03 Crashing When Creating DW's
[Originally posted to pb.general with no reply. Hoping someone here can shed some light.] We've just begun to start experimenting putting dw column extended attributes in PowerDesigner AppModeler 6.1.5.852. DW's generate fine using AppModeler but when we try to build a tabular dw from within PowerBuilder it crashes with this exception on 3 different PC's: The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1124F2C5 (DBI_EditStyleInfo) Deleting the PB catalog repository tables and having PB recreate them fixes the problem until we use PowerDesigner to Generate PowerBuilder...

Coexistence of Minor releases (7.01, 7.02, 7.03, ...)
The release of minor point versions means that you can not easily have both versions of PB on your computer. This is a problem for any company that has to maintain versions of product on different point releases of PB. This is a problem for everyone - well at least any company that wants to migrate their software to newer release of PB and then TEST it before going into a production environment. This is a HUGE problem for consultants and software development companies that have multiple releases of PB. I think the 7.03 release even had a warning that to go back to 7.02 that you sh...

PB 7.03 problem with datawindow validation property
Hello all - We migrated our pb 6.5.1 to PB version 7.03.. we migrated our pfcs too. Found a problem that was not there in 6.5.1 version of the application. we are calling a function from the validation property of the datawindow column like this: functionname(gettext()) that validates the data user entered and returns 'true' or 'false'. The columns are either dropdownlistbox or dropdowndatawindow. Even when the user selected a valid value from the list, it still gives an error saying the value entered is not found in the list table i.e. displaying the validation e...

Out of memory error in PB 7.02 datawindow developement
I have a timesheet report full of computed fields. A stored procedure provides the data. The computed fields are used to determine daily and weekly overtime, total hours, etc. I have reached a point where when I attempt to save the report I get 'Out of memory' and PowerBuilder 7.02 dies. The error seems to be related to either the amount of memory PB has set aside for computed field expressions or to the number of nested ifs in one expression. I have broked the comlicated computed fields into several smaller, simpler ones and have been able to save more computed fields. But...

Web resources about - PB 7.03 - ASA 7.02 Datawindow join misses last column in foreign key - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo