PB 6.5.1 crash on dw.update()

Hello all!

PB 6.5.1 ASA 6.0.3.2747 W2K

I have an urgent problem with one of my datastores. I retrieve data from
approx. 6 joined tables. After creation with syntaxfromsql() I set the
following:

        ids_auftraege.Object.Datawindow.Table.UpdateTable = "t_auftraege"
        ids_auftraege.Object.DataWindow.Table.UpdateKeyinPlace= "Yes"
        ids_auftraege.Object.voucher.update = "Yes"
        ids_auftraege.Object.zahlart.update = "Yes"
        ids_auftraege.Object.agenturnr.update = "Yes"
        ids_auftraege.Object.kdnr.update = "Yes"
        ids_auftraege.Object.bemallg.update = "Yes"
        ids_auftraege.Object.erfasser.update = "Yes"
        ids_auftraege.Object.erfdatum.update = "Yes"

The PK is the column "voucher".

PB crashes and this is what I found as Dr. Watson description:
Ausnahme: c0000005 an Adresse 0037B7DD (dwClearOriginalValues)

I remember that I had the same on NT4 SP3 some time ago. This time I have
no workaround.

Please help.

TIA
Uwe
0
Uwe_Sauerbrey

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

Problem in PB 6.5.1 with sharing datawindows/datastores and doing updates???
We've just converted one of our major applications to PB 6.5.1, and a developer has found the following problem: An update performed on a shared datawindow/datastore causes the row number to be reset to one. This issue has already been reported (ISSUE - 197093 PB Enterprise 6.5.00 priority 1), but does anyone know when the fix will actually be available? TIA, Peggy Klinger First Energy Corp. Akron, OH Better yet, does anyone have a workaround???? Peggy Klinger wrote: > We've just converted one of our major applications to PB 6.5.1, and a > develope...

Updating Inforimix 7 DW in PB 6.5 crashing in EXE runtime
I recently upgraded from PB 5.0 to 6.5 and have an Informix 7 datawindow that is randomly GPFing in the EXE runtime when doing an update. No problem running out of Powerbuilder or in the previous PB 5.0 EXE. I'm using PBIN760.dll version 6.5.1.620 datestamp 5/14/99. Has any had similar problems or know of any issues with this driver? Thanks. RS, Random GPFs often point to a problem somewhere else in the code. The migration to 6.5.1 may have left you with some seemingly minor code issues that later result in the GPF when updating. First, make sure that your code is sol...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Migration: PowerBuilder 6.5.1 to PB 8.0.1
hi all, I am working on migrating the existing PB6.5.1 application to PB8.0.1 Build 9056 on Win 2000 SP1 system. The migration of the application went fine without any problems. After the migration is successful I tried to full rebuild the application(target as in PB8), it results in application being terminated(GPF). But if i choose Incremental rebuild, it the build works fine. The same happens when I try migration on Win 95 system too. Does anybody out here came across such a problem during migration? Thanks in advance for your help/advice. Mahesh Try optimi...

PB 8.0 crashes during migration from PB 6.5.1
I'm attempting to upgrade our application from 6.5.1 to 8.0. I downloaded the evaluation version a couple of months ago and tested whether or not I would have problems and the migration went fine. Now the company has decided to go ahead with the upgrade to 8.0 and I'm getting Illegal Operation - "PB80 caused an invalid page fault in module PBVM80.DLL at 0177:10c74274." when migrating the objects in the library list using the wizard. I then downloaded the latest patches to upgrade our build from 6028 to 8004 and this is still occurring. Any ideas? TIA for yo...

Client 6.5.6 Update 1 on 6.5.4 POA
Yikes! I made the mistake of installing the 6.5.6 Update 1 client to use against a 6.5.4 Post Office. As a result, I cannot log in to the Post Office on that machine. The machine in question is a Dell PowerEdge SC1420 server that is destined to become a Blackberry Enterprise Server. The server O/S is Windows Server 2003. The GroupWise Post Office runs on a HP ProLiant ML350 with server O/S NetWare 6.5. I've uninstalled the client and Windows Messaging. However, the C:\ Drive icon has taken on the appearance of the stylistic GroupWise Globe Icon! Strange indeed! Is the...

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Web resources about - PB 6.5.1 crash on dw.update() - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday is an American limited-run series broadcast on NBC . It is a political satire news show spin-off ...

Gizmodo.com Updates
Nobody should have to use a pay phone , natural disaster or no natural disaster. So if your gadgets are out of juice after Sandy, here’s a tiny ...

Lifehacker.com Updates
By Whitson Gordon Ever run into a situation where you have multiple wireless networks available, but one is clearly better than the other? WiFi ...

Facebook Messenger For Android Update Includes Conversation Shortcuts
Facebook released an update to its Android Messenger application that incorporates the group -creation and message forwarding features in last ...

Instagram Updates Boomerang App
Instagram quietly released an update to its stand-alone Boomerang application, which converts groups of photos into high-quality videos. The ...

NVIDIA Releases Android Marshmallow Update For SHIELD Tablet K1
NVIDIA this week released over-the-air (OTA) update to Google Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system for its SHIELD Tablet K1. The new OS is ...

Lamar Odom health update: Ex-NBA cager slightly walking on his own
Lamar Odom continues to show signs of improvement and the biggest progress that he has made so far is taking small steps without any aid of whatsoever. ...

Samsung: No KitKat update for international Galaxy S3 and S3 Mini
Most versions of the Samsung Galaxy S3 won't be getting the upgrade to KitKat. The LTE version of the S3, however, will be eligible for the Android ...

TSA Updates Screening Procedure, Will Mandate Some Passengers Use Full-Body Scanners
... of full-body pat-downs by TSA agents. Under the new mandate, not everyone can opt for the pat-down procedure. According to the TSA’s update, ...

SportsNet Central Update: Bruins fall to Blues
... Login Search form Search 46° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN SportsNet Central Update: ...