PB 11.5 special characters in a clob column on dw report cut off in the detail band

First is there a way to add a file or image of the report in this
group.The suggestion of adding a rectangular object below the column
in the detail band with the slide up option on ( try all above and
directly above) both but didn't work.
 Using PB 11.5. I am working on a report with 2 group headers.problem
is in the detail band where the text in columns are cutt off
or not shown completely. It is happening in a report which has some
special characters in the detail band coming from a clob cloumn.. When
I view
this report in datwindow preview mode its fine. Only when running
through the app and running the report in print preview mode the
problem
occurs. I have tried all options adding a rectangular object, autosize
height for groups, autosize height for individual columns, autosize
heights for detail bands but nothing
works.
0
harlibra

Hi Harlibra;
   Have you applied the PB 11.5.1 maintenance release yet?

Regards ... Chris
ISUG - Communications Director
http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com

"harlibra" <harlibra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> First is there a way to add a file or image of the report in this
> group.The suggestion of adding a rectangular object below the column
> in the detail band with the slide up option on ( try all above and
> directly above) both but didn't work.
> Using PB 11.5. I am working on a report with 2 group headers.problem
> is in the detail band where the text in columns are cutt off
> or not shown completely. It is happening in a report which has some
> special characters in the detail band coming from a clob cloumn.. When
> I view
> this report in datwindow preview mode its fine. Only when running
> through the app and running the report in print preview mode the
> problem
> occurs. I have tried all options adding a rectangular object, autosize
> height for groups, autosize height for individual columns, autosize
> heights for detail bands but nothing
> works.

0
Chris
1/26/2010 3:13:33 AM
On Jan 25, 10:13=A0pm, "Chris Pollach" <cpoll...@travel-net.com> wrote:
> Hi Harlibra;
> =A0 =A0Have you applied the PB 11.5.1 maintenance release yet?
>
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - Communications Directorhttp://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>
> "harlibra" <harli...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > First is there a way to add a file or image of the report in this
> > group.The suggestion of adding a rectangular object below the column
> > in the detail band with the slide up option on ( try all above and
> > directly above) both but didn't work.
> > Using PB 11.5. I am working on a report with 2 group headers.problem
> > is in the detail band where the text in columns are cutt off
> > or not shown completely. It is happening in a report which has some
> > special characters in the detail band coming from a clob cloumn.. When
> > I view
> > this report in datwindow preview mode its fine. Only when running
> > through the app and running the report in print preview mode the
> > problem
> > occurs. I have tried all options adding a rectangular object, autosize
> > height for groups, autosize height for individual columns, autosize
> > heights for detail bands but nothing
> > works.- Hide quoted text -

NO..
0
harlibra

Text cut off in report in the detail band for PB 11.5
Using PB 11.5. I am working on a report with 2 group headers. The problem is in the detail band where the text in columns are cutt off or not shown completely. please see the attached file. When I view this report in datwindow preview mode its fine. Only when running through the app and running the report in preview mode the problem occurs. Same problem when I print the report the same text is cut off. I have tried all options autosize height for groups, autosize height for individual columns, autosize heights for detail bands but nothing works. I have notice the problem is in the prin...

PB 11.5 text in detail band is cut off
Using PB 11.5 I am working on a report with 2 group headers. The problem is in the detail band where the text in columns are cutt off or not shown completely. please see the attached file. When I view this report in datwindow preview mode its fine. Only when running through the app and running the report in preview mode the problem occurs. Same problem when I print the report the same text is cut off. I have tried all options autosize height for groups, autosize height for individual columns, autosize heights for detail bands but nothing works. Please see the attached files.Please help...

Support of PB 11.5.1 datawindow syntax in DW.NET 2.5
Hello, we have migrated our PowerBuilder development to PowerBuilder 11.5.1. Until now, we were simultaneously using our datawindows (developed in PB for our main Client/Server app) in ASP.NET application with Datawindow.NET. Now, when trying to use datawindow from PB 11.5.1 in DW.NET, we are getting error: "Line 2 Column 65; incorect syntax." I assume that DW.NET 2.5 does not support PB 11.5.1 datawindow syntax yet. Is there any workaround for this issue, or will there be a newer DW.NET release supporting this new datawindow syntax? LM use C:\Program Files\Sybase\...

Why is there no DW.NET 2.x version compatible with PB 11.5 and PB 12 datawindow objects?
Gee wouldn't it be nice if there were a DW.NET version that actually ran with the datawindow objects from PB11.5 and PB12. Why is there no such patch or new version? INEXCUSABLE. No wonder a lot of people don't believe Sybase development languages are viable for the long run. hexageniameister@gmail.com wrote: > Gee wouldn't it be nice if there were a DW.NET version that actually > ran with the datawindow objects from PB11.5 and PB12. Why is there no > such patch or new version? INEXCUSABLE. No wonder a lot of people > don't believe Sybase developme...

Saving datawindow from PB 11.5.1 into PB 11.1 format (syntax)?
Hello, Is there any possible way to save a datawindow created & written in PB 11.5.1 in the exact datawindow format/sytnax of previous version(s), namely 11.1? Reason being is that we have an application that is still not migrated from 11.1 to 11.5.1, and we have to write a custom report for it urgently. Out application can import the exported SRD datawindow report and store its syntax in the table & run it from there. Unfortunately, it complains about incorrect release number (11.5, rather than 11.1, and I have already tried just to change the version number - more...

Filter columns in a crosstab datawindow (PB 11.5)
Hello, I am using PB 11.5 and here's what I'd like to do : Filter the results of one or multiple columns in a crosstab datawindow (filter the values I mean). So if a column called status has values G, I, P, maybe I just want to show G and I but not P. I can filter a row fine because the field actually exists after the crosstab is created, but the columns are not accessible since they dont really exist anymore after the design is created off the select, only the crosstab result fields seem to be there. Am I missing something? This is my first try with crosstab dataw...

PB 11.5 datawindow flip rows and column
What is the way to go to change rows in columns and of course columns in rows. I use a grid datawindow and after retrieve I would like to switch Thanks Eric Hi Eric; For this type of thing I would either ... 1) Use a DataStore then do a ShareData ( ) between two DW objects based on the user view required. OR 2) Use a dynamic DataWindow - SyntaxFromSQL ( ) - to drive the screen based on a different way of summarizing the data. HTH Regards ... Chris > What is the way to go to change rows in columns and of > course columns in rows. > > I use a gr...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

printing a datawindow report of web applicaition in PowerBuilder 11.5
Hi, I have deployed my appliction in web based using powerbuilder 11.5. I acknowledge that print option will not function as window based, it will first save as PDF file in server and then through Print file manage we can see or take print. Print file manager which is showing in web page after pressing print button of application, showing error as could not "SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is : -1 ", Even though same code "dw_1.print(false)" is working. I want to know that I will have to change in code or need any configuration or pdf writer s...

DataWindow Grid computed column
I just came across that the Ellipsis property is not available for computed column. This property can be accessed from the "Format" tab page. Attached is the screen shot shows a non-computed column and a computed column property. XP - SP3 PB 11.5 Build 3127 -- Eddy Soeparmin begin 666 Grid - No Ellipsis for Computed Column.jpg M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`8 !@``#_VP!#``@&!@<&!0@'!P<)"0@*#!0-# L+ M#!D2$P\4'1H?'AT:'!P@)"XG("(L(QP<*#<I+# Q-#0T'R<Y/3@R/"XS-#+_ MVP!#`0D)"0P+#!@-#1@R(1PA,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(...

Upgrade from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: We have a software written in PB 5. We are planning to upgrade it from PB 5 to PB 11.5. We've used PFC in this application and database is Sybase 9. Is there any known issues ??? Any Suggestions?? Please help.. Thanks in advance Robin Start at http://www.techno-kitten.com/ and look at the changes to PB over the versions, and the migration guide. The migration wizard should work directly from 5 to 11.5. Some things that come to mind: PB is Unicode starting with 10. This will affect external function definitions. PFC has been open-sourced. You will need to get...

Pb 11.2 and PB 11.5
Hi, I have a stand alone license and currnetly have PB 11.1 installed. My license info from sybase says it should support PB 11.0, 11.1 AND 11.5. License Type: Standalone Seat (SS) Alternative Use Enabled What is Alternative Use Licensing? Applicable to Product(s): Version Description 11.5 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.5 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) 11.1 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.1 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) 11.0 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.0 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) I downloaded pb 11.5 and tried to install it and got...

PB 11.2 & 11.5 Datawindow Painter crashes
My datawindow painter craches with a win32 unhandled exception everytime I click on a column object. Any datawindow, any column, not stattext objects, or computed fields. I think it dies trying to show the Properties panel for the column because clicking on the control list panel has the same effect as clicking on the Design panel. This was happening in PB 11.2 so I upgraded to 11.5 but the problem persisted. It's really hard to accomplish my job using the source editor! Has anyone had this problem? PB11.5 build 2506 Vista Ultimate, SP1, Dell XPS 4GB ram -Jeff Tr...

PB 11.2 & PB 11.5
Can i have both PB11.2 & PB 11.5 co-exists w/o interfering & causing problem on my m/c? I will be running ONLY either PB 11.2 or PB 11.5 @ any time. Just want to make sure that when I run PB 11.2, the right DLLs are used (& dont get mixed up wth using PB 11.5 DLLs) Thnx Suresh It should not be a problem, since the DLLs have different names - you will see 110 and 115 (I think - my 11s are not on this computer) in the names. What gets tricky is having two maintenance releases of the same major release (11.5 is a major release). I have heard of people doing that by ins...

Web resources about - PB 11.5 special characters in a clob column on dw report cut off in the detail band - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

List of Killzone characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cpl. Dante Garza is a loyal, optimistic and likable character- an effective team player. A close companion of Sev, the pair have served together ...

Discuss the content of the comment, not the character of the commenter: A note from our chief moderator ...
Rob Ashton, the chief comment moderator for Fairfax Media&rsquo;s five metropolitan news websites, discusses the most-commented stories of the ...

RANKED: Every character in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' from best to worst
... "Avatar" ($760.5 million) as soon as New Year's Day. What really makes "The Force Awakens" work so well, at the end of the day, are the characters, ...

George Lucas says he sold his ‘Star Wars’ characters to the Disney ‘white slavers’
... still has thoughts, feelings and many, many words about it. In the midst of a long-winded answer about why he didn’t have a say in the characters ...

If Star Wars Characters Had Cats
Submitted by: (via Griz and Norm ) Tagged: star wars , illustration , Cats Share on Facebook

Stephen Colbert On Trump: 'He's My Old Character With $10 Billion'
... night host Stephen Colbert pointed out over the weekend that Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump was the embodiment of the character ...

Everything Fans Can Expect From 'Naruto' In 2016 - New Characters, Movies And Novels
With the recent unveiling of a sequel for the original "Naruto" manga, based on Boruto Uzumaki and the next generation of ninjas, fans are excited ...

Smash glitch lets you control 8 characters at once
... what they corners and cracks they can find hidden in its depths. If you've ever for some weird reason wanted to control eight Smash characters ...

This Is How Much Money Has Been Spent Saving Matt Damon's Movie Characters
From 'Saving Private Ryan' to 'The Martian,' the actor has needed plenty of rescuing.

8 Lessons For Female Entrepreneurs From Jennifer Lawyer's Character in 'Joy'
Joy,thefeature out this week starring Jennifer Lawrence, Robert Dinero and Bradley Cooper, follows the real-life story of Long Island's JoyMangano. ...