Order of Columns in CrossTab Datawindow #2

I have a crosstab datawindow in the following format:
Rows:student rollno,name,total_marks
Column :subject
cross tab:subject_marks

The crosstab display appears as follows:
rollno, name, total_marks, subject_marks1, subject_marks, ...

I would like the crosstab column subject_marks to appear first and then the
total marks.

How is this possible? In other words I would like to change the
position/default order in which the cross tab columns appear.
0
HEMALATHA

Order of columns in crosstab datawindow
Is there a way that you can set the order of the columns in a crosstab datawindow. Mine appear to be alphabetical - which is not what I want. I tried sorting in the sql - but it didn't seem to make a difference. Thanks. ...

Crosstab Datawindow Column Order
Hi, I have a crosstab datawindow which has months going across as columns. I can get the columns to come in in the correct order if I convert the month to a date format, but the format comes in as '1/1/00'. I want to display this as January 2000. Converting the date to a string in the crosstab definition properly displays as January 2000, but the columns then sort in alphabetical order, beginning with April. This is no good, as January must be first. Anyone have any ideas? I am using Powerbuilder 7.0. Thanks. When you preview your datawindow, you can change the ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

crosstab datawindows
Does anyone know how I can do this? Even if I modify my datasource to ORDER BY <column> DESC, Powerbuilder resorts the column in ascending order. Been there, pain isn't it!! Ended up defining a computed column which had a relationship such that the column I really wanted to sort on grew in value, this one got smaller (eg 10000000 - MyField). Then, hide the column and use it to sort. Hope that helps. Nick Locke RK <blank@blank.net> wrote in message news:01bf0f5f$1f5c0fa0$51fa320a@OOMC... > Does anyone know how I can do this? Even if I modify my datasourc...

Crosstab datawindows
Does anyone know how I can do this? Even if I modify my datasource to ORDER BY <column> DESC, Powerbuilder resorts the column in ascending order. Specifically, my columns are dates and I want my first column to be the last day (of a specified month) instead of the first day. Specify sort column(s) for datawindow (Menu Rows->Sort) and uncheck Ascending checkbox. Doesn't that work for you? Joanna RK napisa�(a) w wiadomo�ci: <01bf0f5f$a02ee1c0$51fa320a@OOMC>... >Does anyone know how I can do this? Even if I modify my datasource to >ORDER BY <column&g...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

CrossTab Datawindow and Datawindow plugin
Does anyone know of any problems using the Datawindow plug-in and a crosstab presentation sytle. I'm using web.pb to call my distributed PB server and save the crosstab as a psr file and then return the html pointing to the psr file. The computed fields are getting overlaid but doing it from PowerBuilder works fine. I'm using PB 6.5 Thanks, Bill Anderson ...

Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2
Hi there , Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ? Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ???? How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future releases of PB... Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ? Regards , Van I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as Datawindow properties / events /...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml
Hi Is it possible to import an Xml file like <data> <dataX>...</dataX> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> ... <dataV>...</dataV> </data> to one Datawindow ? On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data from two Datawindows in one XML file ? thanks Thomas Kovasits Thomas Kovasits wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to import an Xml file like > <data> > <dataX>...</dataX> > <dataV>...</dataV> > &l...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

CrossTab Datawindows #2
I need to export a crosstab datawindow to an excel spreadsheet, the saveas function does not bring the column headings into Excel or any Total values. Is there a way to get the column names from the crosstab datawindow from the code. Liam ...

Datawindow columns #2
Is there anyway to determine what columns are on a datawindow at runtime? I need to write some code that will loop through the columns of a given datawindow and set them to either enabled or disabled. How would I go about this? Thanks Rick Powell You can get total no of columns by ll_columns = long( Describe( "datawindow.column.count " ) ) for i = 1 to ll_columns Describe( '#' + String(i) + '.name' ) next you will get the name of the column. You can use Modify() to protect the columns. -- Mahendra Dhamdhere Unicef, New York Email:mah...

Web resources about - Order of Columns in CrossTab Datawindow #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo