Oracle Output Parameters from Stored Procedure

Powerbuilder 8.0 Executable compiled in Windows 2000 is causing GPF while
executing on Windows NT workstation. This problem is occurring frequently while
accessing the application from windows NT workstation and same one is working
perfectly in windows 2000 workstation.
After investigating the GPF we found out that this problem is occuring while
executing the stored procedure with more than 20 parameters from powerbuilder
executable on windows NT workstation. The same part of the code is executing
successfully on windows 2000 workstation. we are suspecting that the problem is
occuring due the dll's powerbuilder 8.0 uses when compiling the application
under 2000 is different than the dll's that the powerbuilder8.0 application is
using under Windows NT while accessing the application.

Sanath

Are you using the same Oracle client on the NT and W2K workstations?
Connecting to the same database?

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Sanath" <svemuri@nycsca.org> wrote in message
> Powerbuilder 8.0 Executable compiled in Windows 2000 is causing GPF while
> executing on Windows NT workstation. This problem is occurring frequently
while
> accessing the application from windows NT workstation and same one is
working
> perfectly in windows 2000 workstation.
> After investigating the GPF we found out that this problem is occuring
while
> executing the stored procedure with more than 20 parameters from
powerbuilder
> executable on windows NT workstation. The same part of the code is
executing
> successfully on windows 2000 workstation. we are suspecting that the
problem is
> occuring due the dll's powerbuilder 8.0 uses when compiling the
application
> under 2000 is different than the dll's that the powerbuilder8.0
application is
> using under Windows NT while accessing the application.

Terry

Oracle stored procedures with datawindow
Hi, Am trying to use a datawindow with an oracle stored procedure - using a ref cursor to return the result set . In the procedure , I want to pass on some additional OUT variables back the datawindow . say , besides the list of employees in a department , I also need the department name . I would pass this in the extra OUT variable for the procedure. But when I declare the additonal variable as an argument in the datawindow and give it a value while retrieving , the new value is NOT , repeat NOT passed back to the datawindow. The new value is being assigned inside the or...

Displaying Output Parameter From Stored Procedure in Datawindow
Hi I have a stored procedure which returns a resultset and an Output parameter . The result set is easily seen in the Data window, and for retrieving the value of output parameter i use the calculated field.But when i see the preview the Calculated field show me the same value which i entered in the retrieval argument window. So can any one tell me what is the procedure for getting the output variable value directly on DataWindow You can't. When you use a stored procedure as the source for the datawindow, you have to return values you want to see in the result set. On ...

Cursor as Output Parameter in Oracle dbExpress Stored Procedure
Hey! I have a very simple stored procedure in Oracle (9i, 10g): create or replace procedure getemps( p_cursor in out MyTypes.cursorType ) as begin open p_cursor for select per_firstname, per_lastname from drp_persons order by per_birthday; end; Using dbExpress (Devart 3rd party driver), the SQLStoredProcedure component perfectly recognizes the sp itself and also the output parameter (as type cursor). SQLStoredProcedure.Open; // works! My question: How can I access the cursor / dataset? Can I convert the SQLStoredProcedure.Params[0] somehow to a dataset? Thanks LJ Cooper ...

PowerBuilder 8 and Oracle 8 Stored Procedure Datawindow
I worked many years with Sql Server and it was easy to do, but I don't know how to do in Oracle: How a Oracle 8 Stored Procedure can return to PowerBuilder 8 the result of a query or a recordset (in Sql Server is as easy as put a select sentence at the end of the procedure). I don't want to use temporary tables for a concurrence issue. Can anyone give me a help? Thanks in advance, Ra�l La Torre You need a REF CURSOR. See enclosed datawindow examples. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product ...

Oracle Stored Procedure in a Package with output parameter causes exception
Thanks in advance for your assistance!  (I'm very new to Asp.Net, so I hope this isn't too much of an idiotic question  )  I found using output parameters for a stored proc in an Oracle package produces an error. I haven't been able to come up with any use of a package SP with an output param which doesn't produce an exception.  On line 25 of the ASPX code, I am using an Output parameter.  I get an exception, which appears below the source code. What am I doing wrong?  1 <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="tr...

Calling Stored Procedures with Output Parameters over ODBC
I'm trying to call a stored procedure that returns values in output parameters. The database is Cache, using InterSystems' ODBC driver which is 2.5 compliant. I've created a sample stored procedure (swap), setting it up as an RPCFUNC local external function associated with a transaction object as per the docs. The problem I'm having is that the returned string values are being limited by the length of the input values. For example, I pass in "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" and "ABC", I get "ABC" and "abc" back. Here's the ...

PowerBuilder and Oracle 10g: Invalid stored procedure parameter type 'BOOLEAN'
Hi, I am getting the following error message while executing a procedure 'update_status' in the package pkg_test. Invalid 'Stored procedure parameter type of boolean on DDD' Here is the signnature of the procedure. pkg_test.update_status(AAA varchar2, BBB number, CCC number, DDD varchar2, EEE boolean default false)=91 and the way of calling this procedure is pkg_test.update_status ('TEST',12,2345,'PLEASEWORK',TRUE) The communication between the powerbuilder 10.5 and oracle10g is through the ORACLE 10g drivers. After the execution the SQLCA.SQ...

Problem calling Oracle Stored Procedure which returns ref cursor as output parameter using MS-Data Access App Block 1.1
Hi All, In want to call Oracle SP's which return DATA through ref cursors. I am using MS Data Access App Block 1.1. In all the examples which I have got to call Oracle SP's (which themselves are very few) says that add IN parameters if their is any in SP, but don't add any OUT param for ref Cursor. when I am trying the same I am getting error of 'insufficient or incorrect number of argument for procedure'. When I try to execute any sql query it executes i.e my piece of code is connecting properly and getting the data, but in case of SP's which are supposed to return me Dataset using db.E...

Call stored procedure with output variable shows Return parameters output
I have an sql script that calls a stored procedure with an output variable. The script is called through isql and has an output file. Every time the stored procedure is called it writes: "Return parameters:" and the output parameters value. The stored procedure is called in a cursor and runs millions of times, I would like to turn off this "Return parameters" output. Does anyone know a way to do this? Is there an isql parameter? More recent versions of isql offer: set proc_return_status on/off set proc_output_params on/off <michael.spivack@us.ing....

Calling a stored procedure with output parameter and parameter name binding does not work
Hello NG, Named parameters are a fine feature, you don't have to obey the parameter order and can omit parameters that have default values. BUT if you try to use output parameters in the escaped syntax for jdbc like the following: { ? = call myProc ( @MyOutParam = ? ) } it doesn't seem to work anymore. Or am I simply too stupid? Maybe I have missed some documentation detail? Maybe someone can point me to the right direction? I'm really desperate. For implementation details see code snippet below. Thanks in advance. With best regards, have a merry christmas and a ha...

Datawindow With Store Procedure in Oracle
I use PB 703 on oracle 8i How can I get a DW with Store Procedure , if the Store Procedure should return a SELECT command with many rows. Thanks Abraham ...

Stored Procedures
Hi, This may be a well known issue (as I've seen it mentioned on a couple of sites), so apologies in advance if it has been asked before (I have looked, but could not find it). I have a stored procedure that is used to return some information to a C# application. The information is returned to the caller in an output parameter of type varchar(16000). When I call the procedure using the Sybase .NET API, the information returned is always truncated to 256 characters, even if I set the size setting on the associated AseParameter to greater than this. Is there anything that I ...

Output parameter from store procedure
--------------5BBAAC7187F7FCC742786255 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have a big problem using pb 5.0.4 ( but also with pb 7.0.1 ) and MSSQL7 ( native, not through ODBC ). All the store procedures, that I defined as local external function in my transaction object, if they have a output parameter work well but return nothing. Here an example of my local external function script : subroutine sp_crea_reg_pd ( ref long ai_id_reg_pd, long ai_id_registro, long ai_id_prof_registrazione, long ai_id_reg_pd_pad...

Datawindow with Oracle stored procedure
We are using dw with Oracle stored procedure result set as output reference (The method that mentioned in faxline 44553). As this method required us to set DBPARM with PBDBMS=0, which enable the stored procedure to return result set to a dw. One problem we encounter is that after we use this PBDBMS=0 setting, all other dw with simple SQL won't work any more. When try to update a dw with simple SQL, PB complaints about the record has been changed, but the data actually is unchanged. Our dw have setting for Where Clause for Update/Delete is 'Key & Updateable columns&...

Web resources about - Oracle Output Parameters from Stored Procedure - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Google / Firefox Parameter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HS what? www.seroundtable.com/archives/017105.html

Alternatives to boolean parameters