no event on selection using drop down datawindow

I am having a problem with a datawindow.  In this datawindow are five fields
in four dropdown datawindows and one edit that are bound to the same
datawindow.  (When the dropdown is selected all fields are displayed in the
dropdown)  This table is a list of the valid combinations of these five
fields.  One of these fields is the fiscal year and the other four are codes
assciated eith that year and each other.  Lets say there is code DOH1 in FY
2000 and also a code DOH1 in fiscal year 1999.  the user wants to select
DOH1 for 1999 but mistakenly selects DOH1 for 2000.  The users then realizes
the mistake because the displayed fiscal year is not correct.  The user then
goes back to the dropdown and tries to select the DOH1 code for 1999.  This
is the problem.  When the users selects this code from the dropdown
powerbuilder (I assume) sees the the data column DOH1 has not changed and
the itemchanged event does not fire.  Has anyone else seen this before and
how was it dealt with.

                            -James Watson

0
James

Yes. The problem is that the data column you are using for your dropdown
rows is not unique. When one is selected PB works ok. However, if you select
again but this time select another row which has the same value in the data
column as the one already selected PB will act like there was no change
because there really was no change to the selected value. Make sure your
data column is unique for each row.

Regards,

John Olson [TeamSybase]          john.olson@bigfoot.com
Developower, Inc.                        developower@bigfoot.com
www.developower.com
---- All support communications via News Group please ----
James Watson wrote in message ...
>I am having a problem with a datawindow.  In this datawindow are five
fields
>in four dropdown datawindows and one edit that are bound to the same
>datawindow.  (When the dropdown is selected all fields are displayed in the
>dropdown)  This table is a list of the valid combinations of these five
>fields.  One of these fields is the fiscal year and the other four are
codes
>assciated eith that year and each other.  Lets say there is code DOH1 in FY
>2000 and also a code DOH1 in fiscal year 1999.  the user wants to select
>DOH1 for 1999 but mistakenly selects DOH1 for 2000.  The users then
realizes
>the mistake because the displayed fiscal year is not correct.  The user
then
>goes back to the dropdown and tries to select the DOH1 code for 1999.  This
>is the problem.  When the users selects this code from the dropdown
>powerbuilder (I assume) sees the the data column DOH1 has not changed and
>the itemchanged event does not fire.  Has anyone else seen this before and
>how was it dealt with.
>
>                            -James Watson

0
John
9/28/1999 11:00:34 PM
I created a computed column on the datawindow the dropdown is using.  It
contains the code concatenated with the fiscal year.  I have set it up as
the data column for the dropdown.  I am still seeing this problem.

>Yes. The problem is that the data column you are using for your dropdown
>rows is not unique. When one is selected PB works ok. However, if you
select
>again but this time select another row which has the same value in the data
>column as the one already selected PB will act like there was no change
>because there really was no change to the selected value. Make sure your
>data column is unique for each row.

0
James
9/29/1999 5:46:42 PM
....and the way to do this is concatenate your "doh1" value with your year
value and use that as the data column.

Tim Wallace
ePlans inc.

John Olson [TeamSybase] <john.olson@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Yes. The problem is that the data column you are using for your dropdown
> rows is not unique. When one is selected PB works ok. However, if you
select
> again but this time select another row which has the same value in the
data
> column as the one already selected PB will act like there was no change
> because there really was no change to the selected value. Make sure your
> data column is unique for each row.
>
> Regards,
>
> John Olson [TeamSybase]          john.olson@bigfoot.com
> Developower, Inc.                        developower@bigfoot.com
> www.developower.com
> ---- All support communications via News Group please ----
> James Watson wrote in message ...
> >I am having a problem with a datawindow.  In this datawindow are five
> fields
> >in four dropdown datawindows and one edit that are bound to the same
> >datawindow.  (When the dropdown is selected all fields are displayed in
the
> >dropdown)  This table is a list of the valid combinations of these five
> >fields.  One of these fields is the fiscal year and the other four are
> codes
> >assciated eith that year and each other.  Lets say there is code DOH1 in
FY
> >2000 and also a code DOH1 in fiscal year 1999.  the user wants to select
> >DOH1 for 1999 but mistakenly selects DOH1 for 2000.  The users then
> realizes
> >the mistake because the displayed fiscal year is not correct.  The user
> then
> >goes back to the dropdown and tries to select the DOH1 code for 1999.
This
> >is the problem.  When the users selects this code from the dropdown
> >powerbuilder (I assume) sees the the data column DOH1 has not changed and
> >the itemchanged event does not fire.  Has anyone else seen this before
and
> >how was it dealt with.
> >
> >                            -James Watson

0
Tim

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Drop Down Datawindow issues in Datawindow
We recently moved from version 8.0.3 9704 to 8.0.3 9977. Since this move we have had nothing but grief with DropDownDatawindow style columns. Basically - we have columns that are dropdowns that the user can enter their values into or, scroll down and select from. We then have code that verifies that the value entered in the column exists in the drop down list (i.e. is the data entered by the user valid). When we get the value from the column (using either dot notation or, getitem functions) PB is giving us the display value for the drop down NOT the code value. SOMETIMES whe...

Drop down datawindow within a datawindow
I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The intent is that for these fields there will be multiple values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow. For example, a record in the window might have Name Address Medical Code Medical code would also be a drop down list box with multiple values. Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9? What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary? Thanks Please post this question ...

Drop down datawindow within datawindow
I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The intent is that for these fields there will be multiple values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow. For example, a record in the window might have Name Address Medical Code Medical code would also be a drop down list box with multiple values. Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9? What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary? Thanks Generally, the steps are: ...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows
Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a datawindow expression. In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail dw depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw. Thanks Martin Martin, There is no direct way. You could, however, write a couple global functions... one to set a value, one to get a value (then call these from a computed field in the DW)... but you're probably better off doing this in a script. HTH, Greg -- ...

Drop Down Datawindows in a HTML Datawindow not working
Hi, I have a HTML Datawindow with some dropdown datawindows in it. Everything works fine except the drop down datawindows. The dddw's work fine in PB or Datawindow Builder. All the dataobjects are in one pbl. Any idea... Thanks.. Reddy Can you take a look at the generated HTML and see if the data from the dddw is present? The way it works is that the dddw is retrieved and then the rows used in the html. Can you tell if it is being retrieved? Also, does it work from previewing in PowerDynamo? -- Build Your Future With PowerBuilder 7.0 www.c...

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

Using + in a drop down datawindow
Hi, I have a problem using the '+' character in a dddw! I'm also using the '-' character and have no problems with that sign at all! The problem is that the dropdown won't scroll to the right posistion when I hit +, but for '-' it works! Is there a solution for this problem? Thanks, ICE ...

Deploying datawindow reports using HTML Datawindow.
Hi all, we are trying to put some of our datawindow reports from the current PowerBuilder application on to the Web. Most of the datawindows include nested reports and N-Up presentation styles. With the help of manuals and other documents, we set up the EAServer environment and tried to implement a few reports, but so far, only simple tabular and grid datawindows come up fine but not others. There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly. In case of Nested reports, a document says that they are not suppor...

Export datawindow select statement form all datawindows
I have a large application with a lot of DWs. DB is SQL Server 2000. Some DW use " (double quotes) in the select statement (not '), and now, with PB105 and oledb, this statements fails (MS native driver works) I know that " isn't a valid character for delimiting strings in SQL, but this large application was written by many people :) How can I find all " in all select statements in all DW within my application to do a replace. Thanks, Alex B. Hi Alex, I'm not sure wether some tool like PBL Peeper is capable...

DataWindow.NET : issue using external datawindow
Hello, I created an external datawindow with 3 columns, but I have error messages when I want to use it in my .NET application : When I want to insert rows, I get the message : "InsertRow was called when no DataWindow object was attached." I set in design mode my pbl library and also the datawindow name I want to use. I also tried to set it dynamically in the code, but it changes nothing. I'm sure SQLCA isn't useful for this kind of DataWindow, but I also tried to set it and I get the message "SetTransaction was called when no DataWindow object was att...

Web resources about - no event on selection using drop down datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo