Nested Reports - Add a page break between 2 nested reports

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to add a pagebreak between 2 pre-defined nested
reports

Introductory information

================================
= Nested report retrieving some date         =
================================
                                                             <---- I want
to insert a page break here.
================================
= List of services for the report                  =
================================

Regards

Nigel

0
Nigel

Hi Mahendra.

I need to insert a page break between 2 nested reports in the main report.

Regards

Nigel

Mahendra Dhamdhere <nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<361A2FA2.856E4BBE@hotmail.com>...
> I know the trick the insert the page break between two child report in a
> composite report. My trick fails in Nested report.
> Do you want page break in two child reports in composite report or page
> break in two nested reports in Main report ?
>
> --
> Mahendra Dhamdhere
> Unicef, New York
> Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com
>

> Nigel Milham wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to add a pagebreak between 2 pre-defined nested
> > reports

> > Introductory information
> > ..
> > ..
> > ..
> >
> > ================================
> > = Nested report retrieving some date         =
> > ================================
> >                                                              <---- I
> > want
> > to insert a page break here.
> > ================================
> > = List of services for the report                  =
> > ================================

> > Regards
> >
> > Nigel

0
Nigel
10/6/1998 2:08:19 PM

Nigel Milham wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know how to add a pagebreak between 2 pre-defined nested
> reports

> Introductory information
> ..
> ..
> ..
>
> ================================
> = Nested report retrieving some date         =
> ================================
>                                                              <---- I
> want
> to insert a page break here.
> ================================
> = List of services for the report                  =
> ================================

> Regards
>
> Nigel

0
Mahendra
10/6/1998 2:56:34 PM
Are your reports in detail band ?
If yes , try this url

This will help you.

http://www.angelfire.com/md/mahendrad/pbtrick1.html

--

Nigel Milham wrote:

> Hi Mahendra.
>
> I need to insert a page break between 2 nested reports in the main
> report.
>
> Regards
>
> Nigel
>
> Mahendra Dhamdhere <nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com> wrote in article
> <361A2FA2.856E4BBE@hotmail.com>...
> > I know the trick the insert the page break between two child report
> in a
> > composite report. My trick fails in Nested report.
> > Do you want page break in two child reports in composite report or
> page
> > break in two nested reports in Main report ?
> >
> > --
> > Mahendra Dhamdhere
> > Unicef, New York
> > Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com
> >

> > Nigel Milham wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how to add a pagebreak between 2 pre-defined
> nested
> > > reports

> > > Introductory information
> > > ..
> > > ..
> > > ..
> > >
> > > ================================
> > > = Nested report retrieving some date         =
> > > ================================
> > >                                                              <----
> > > want
> > > to insert a page break here.
> > > ================================
> > > = List of services for the report                  =
> > > ================================

> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Nigel

0
Mahendra

nested reports in nested report
Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw. I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and moving som columns - it's a grid report) But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and change the width of i with the syntax dwobject dwo_1 dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1 dwo_1.width = 3000 But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried dwobject dwo_2 dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2 // fails at runtime Does anyone have a sugg...

Page Break in Report prior to Nested Report
I have a report that consists of a letter with one or more attachments. I was thinking of making the first datawindow the letter with a nested report for each type of attachment. However, I need a page break prior to the attachments. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this? I'm really stuck. Marsha Insert a dummy report before the nested. Enclosed is the srd file. It only works when placed in the detail band. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_new...

Page Breaks in Nested Datawindows (report)
PB 7.0.3 I have a report with multiple level nested datawindows. The problem: the report is breaking at each level and putting out partial pages instead of filling the page. I don't want page breaks at the different levels. Is there some way to force no pagebreaks except when a page is filled? Is there a New Page property that you have checked for each of the controls? I made sure I did NOT check the New Page because I did not want breaks caused by data changes Use the enclosed datawindow d_pagebreak and place it before the nested report you want to display on the next ...

Nested Report (is a row in a nested report)
I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. I tried the following statements: dwobject ldw_report any la_data[] ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1] la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data // this statement fails, if there is no row if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ... How about: DataWindowChild ldwc tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.GetChild('dw_1', ldwc) IF ldwc.RowCount() > 0 THEN ..... Brad Dirk wrote: > I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. > > I tried the following statements: > > dwobject ldw_r...

Nested report inside nested report
Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report inside already existing nested report? Yes, What problems are you having? Just retreive the main report and the nested - nested report will retrieve. > Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report > inside already existing nested report? ...

Nested Report -> Nested Report RowCount()
Hi All, I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . . I have a composite which contains three nested reports dw_letter -> nested_1 nested_2 -> nested_4 nested_3 I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am using dot notation ls_user = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user id_col] I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g. To do this I need something like rowcount ll_max_rows = dw_letter....

GetChild on Nested Report that contains Nested Reports?
I have a composite report that contains five nested reports. One of the nested reports contains nested reports within it. GetChild does not work on this NR. This was listed under the GetChild help. Nested reports: You cannot use GetChild to get a reference to a report in a composite DataWindow when the report itself is a composite or nested DataWindow. I need to get a handle to this NR so I can apply translations. Any ideas? There are multiple rows, therefore PB doesn't know which nested report to apply the change to. What type of change are you doing? > I hav...

Page breaking Nested Reports in a Composite Datawindow (PB8)
I'm nesting reports within a composite datawindow, and I can't seem to find a way to seperate them via some kind of "page break" (for lack of a better term) so that they don't run into each other when they print. Anyone got any ideas???? Never mind, I found the "New Page" property in the reports object that took care of making sure the two reports didn't run together. ...

GetChild returns -1 with nested reports in nested reports
We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 nested reports. When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports, the report with the nested reports returns -1. When we remove the nested reports all works fine. Is this normal behaviour or a bug?? We're using PB5.0.02. -- Greetings, Hans Groeneveld, TSD Automatisering B.V. h_groeneveld@tsd.nl Hans Groeneveld wrote: > > We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 > nested reports. > When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports,...

Nested report does not line op to the previous nested report
Hi everyone, I have a problem with lining up nested report. I created a composite report with 4 nested reports. The fist nested report is a free form report. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th report are grid reports. The 2nd grid report line up directly to data show in the 1st report. But 3rd and 4th report each start on a new page. But I do not want this. I want to line them up like 2nd report to the 1st report.. How can I solve this problem? I checked if the new page property is set for the repport, but this is not the case. They all have property 'autosize heigth' and 'slide dir...

Saving output from a report with nested reports #2
I have a somewhat complicated report with several nested reports inside it. The only way I have found to save the output is as a PSR file. Is there any way to save it as an ASCII text file, or even as some kind of graphical file? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! ...

Evaluating the page number in a report with nested report
--------------1927E378D58DB2A0CA3514F2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all. I have the following line: ..... ls_temp = ids_reporte.Describe("Evaluate('page()',"+string(il_registro_actual)+")") Where ids_reporte is a datastore whose data object is a report that have another report inside (a nested report); il_registro_actual is the current record inside the base report. I want print the page that contain the current record in the base report, but ls_temp always is 1. The line work fine when the rep...

Evaluating the page number in a report with nested report
--------------1927E378D58DB2A0CA3514F2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all. I have the following line: ..... ls_temp = ids_reporte.Describe("Evaluate('page()',"+string(il_registro_actual)+")") Where ids_reporte is a datastore whose data object is a report that have another report inside (a nested report); il_registro_actual is the current record inside the base report. I want print the page that contain the current record in the base report, but ls_temp always is 1. The line work fine when the rep...

Nested report and page break
Hi! I have a report with nested datawindows. This is really a letter where the different datawindows represent different sections of the letter. If one section is long, it causes a page break and the nested datawindow prints on it's own page. This makes for an odd looking letter because it basically says "Dear John," then has the rest of the page blank, then on page 2 it has the text of the message. Anyway to prevent this? Thanks! D PB 9 ...

Page Breaks and nested reports
Is there a way to set a page break between nested reports? TIA Jim Kamp Not directly, but it can be done. The solution depends on whether you are using IM 5 or 6. IM6: >>A group break occurs whenever a value changes in the column(s) on which the group is based. But in a nested report that will never happen, since the parameters sent from the main report to the nested report all have the same value. So here comes the trick: we add a dummy group to the nested report. On the nested report itself you create 2 groups: Group 1, based on a dummy value of 1. You must...

Web resources about - Nested Reports - Add a page break between 2 nested reports - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Latest Marketing, Tech, Social Media, and Blog Marketing Finds - The Friday Traffic Report
The Friday Traffic Report Home Blog Subscribe! About Jack and Jim Website Promotion Social, Tech, Marketing News Subscribe Now Latest Marketing, ...

Mile High Report - For Denver Broncos Fans
MileHighReport(MHR) is the ultimate independent resource for the Denver Broncos on the web. Along with MHR Radio, the official podcast of MHR, ...

the rajam report
… I kept having trouble with understanding what “mode” I was in, for lack of a better term. Specifically, it was weird that “glances” could only ...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Insider Trading Report - Institutional Ownership & Insider Trades
Crude Futures Break Below $60, Supply Glut, Weak Demand... Asia Continues to Rally, India Shines, China...

U.S. News & World Report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
U.S. News & World Report is an American news magazine published from Washington, D.C. Along with Time and Newsweek it was for many years a leading ...

Trade union royal commission findings: Malcolm Turnbull says report shows widespread malpractice in unions ...
Malcolm Turnbull describes the final report of the trade union royal commission as a real watershed moment for the labour movement.

New report all but confirms future iPhones will have OLED displays
Lending even more credence to rumors that Apple will incorporate OLED displays on future iPhone models, Reuters reports that both LG and Samsung ...

Cleanthony Early Hospitalized: Updates on Knicks SF After Being Shot in Knee - Bleacher Report
New York Knicks forward Cleanthony Early is reportedly in stable condition after getting shot in the knee during a robbery early Wednesday morning. ...

'Green News Report'
IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: 'Green News Report' Special Coverage 2015 Year In Review: Before 2015 and its landmark events slip into the history ...