Nested Report -> Nested Report RowCount()

Hi All,

I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . .

I have a composite which contains three nested reports

dw_letter ->	nested_1
		nested_2 -> nested_4
		nested_3

I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am using
dot notation

ls_user =
dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user
id_col]

I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested
datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g.

To do this I need something like rowcount
ll_max_rows = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.RowCount()
( the above just GPF's)

For ll_current_row = 1 to ll_max_rows
	ls_user =
dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user
id]
	// process ls_user.........
Next

Does anyone know how to obtain the number of rows in a nested datawindow
through dot notation.

Nigel

0
Nigel

Hi Mahendra,

I tried adding the code but each time I tried to save the window, a fault
occurred

PB050 caused an invalid page fault in
module PBCMP050.DLL at 0137:10928c97.
Registers:
EAX=004f50c8 CS=0137 EIP=10928c97 EFLGS=00010206
EBX=004109b0 SS=013f ESP=0063ecac EBP=004f7aac
ECX=00000000 DS=013f ESI=00000001 FS=3e7f
EDX=00000000 ES=013f EDI=00000001 GS=2566
Bytes at CS:EIP:
66 8b 11 f6 c6 c0 0f 84 b5 00 00 00 66 81 e2 ff
Stack dump:
00000001 004f7aac 004109b0 004f0108 004f5080 00000000 004f4f30 1091ac4d
004109b0 00000001 004f7aac 00415346 004109b0 00000124 00410624 c0000108

> Any Anydata
> anydata = dw_1.object.<report_name>[rownumber].object.data
> Messagebox (" rowcount", UpperBound( anydata ) )

It seems I can add all the lines except the Upperbound Conversion.

I tried
ll_max = Upperbound(anydata)
with the same result.

BTW I'm using PB 5.0.02

Nigel

Mahendra Dhamdhere <nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<3649BC3B.C63F2A9F@hotmail.com>...
> If you are sure about,
> your all nested report will have atleast one row , then I have a soln.
> Here is the problem , when nested report is not having any row ,then it
> will not get created.
>

> Any Anydata
> anydata = dw_1.object.<report_name>[rownumber].object.data
> Messagebox (" rowcount", UpperBound( anydata ) )
>
> With the condition that nested report should have at least one row
> otherwise you will get application error. May be , you can trap the
> application error and keep continue
>
>  --
> Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA
> Email:nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com
> Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id
>

> Nigel wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . .
> >
> > I have a composite which contains three nested reports
> >
> > dw_letter ->    nested_1
> >                 nested_2 -> nested_4
> >                 nested_3
> >
> > I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am
> > using
> > dot notation
> >
> > ls_user =
> > dw_letter
> > Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user
> > id_col]
> >
> > I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested
> > datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g.
> >
> > To do this I need something like rowcount
> > ll_max_rows = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.RowCount()
> > ( the above just GPF's)
> >
> > For ll_current_row = 1 to ll_max_rows
> >         ls_user =
> > dw_letter.Object.
> > ested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user
> > id]
> >         // process ls_user.........
> > Next
> >
> > Does anyone know how to obtain the number of rows in a nested
> > datawindow
> > through dot notation.
> >
> > Nigel

0
Nigel
11/11/1998 4:07:45 PM

Nigel wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . .
>
> I have a composite which contains three nested reports
>
> dw_letter ->    nested_1
>                 nested_2 -> nested_4
>                 nested_3
>
> I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am
> using
> dot notation
>
> ls_user =
> dw_letter
> Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user
> id_col]
>
> I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested
> datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g.
>
> To do this I need something like rowcount
> ll_max_rows = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.RowCount()
> ( the above just GPF's)
>
> For ll_current_row = 1 to ll_max_rows
>         ls_user =
> dw_letter.Object.
> ested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user
> id]
>         // process ls_user.........
> Next
>
> Does anyone know how to obtain the number of rows in a nested
> datawindow
> through dot notation.
>
> Nigel

0
Mahendra
Try to regenerate the datawindow and window. I guess this is compiler error.
Or try to use structure instead of any variable and take the upperbound of
that

--
Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA
Email:nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com
Remove nospam_ from email id

Nigel wrote:

> [...]
> > > using
> > > dot notation
> > >
> > > ls_user =
> > > dw_letter
> > > Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user
> > > id_col]
> > >
> > > I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested
> > > datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g.
> > >
> > > To do this I need something like rowcount
> > > ll_max_rows = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.RowCount()
> > > ( the above just GPF's)
> > >
> > > For ll_current_row = 1 to ll_max_rows
> > >         ls_user =
> > > dw_letter.Object.
> > > ested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user
> > > id]
> > >         // process ls_user.........
> > > Next
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how to obtain the number of rows in a nested

0
Mahendra
11/12/1998 1:42:43 AM
Where do I need to trap this error. If I put it in the system error in the
app object and maintain a global variable which is checked after the code,
the app is unstable and fails with a GPF.

Nigel

Mahendra Dhamdhere <nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<3649BC3B.C63F2A9F@hotmail.com>...
> If you are sure about,
> your all nested report will have atleast one row , then I have a soln.
> Here is the problem , when nested report is not having any row ,then it
> will not get created.
>

> Any Anydata
> anydata = dw_1.object.<report_name>[rownumber].object.data
> Messagebox (" rowcount", UpperBound( anydata ) )
>
> With the condition that nested report should have at least one row
> otherwise you will get application error. May be , you can trap the
> application error and keep continue
>
>  --
> Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA
> Email:nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com
> Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id
>

> Nigel wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . .
> >
> > I have a composite which contains three nested reports
> >
> > dw_letter ->    nested_1
> >                 nested_2 -> nested_4
> >                 nested_3
> >
> > I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am
> > using
> > dot notation
> >
> > ls_user =
> > dw_letter
> > Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user
> > id_col]
> >
> > I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested
> > datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g.
> >
> > To do this I need something like rowcount
> > ll_max_rows = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.RowCount()
> > ( the above just GPF's)
> >
> > For ll_current_row = 1 to ll_max_rows
> >         ls_user =
> > dw_letter.Object.
> > ested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user
> > id]
> >         // process ls_user.........
> > Next
> >
> > Does anyone know how to obtain the number of rows in a nested
> > datawindow
> > through dot notation.
> >
> > Nigel

0
Nigel

nested reports in nested report
Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw. I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and moving som columns - it's a grid report) But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and change the width of i with the syntax dwobject dwo_1 dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1 dwo_1.width = 3000 But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried dwobject dwo_2 dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2 // fails at runtime Does anyone have a sugg...

Nested Report (is a row in a nested report)
I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. I tried the following statements: dwobject ldw_report any la_data[] ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1] la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data // this statement fails, if there is no row if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ... How about: DataWindowChild ldwc tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.GetChild('dw_1', ldwc) IF ldwc.RowCount() > 0 THEN ..... Brad Dirk wrote: > I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. > > I tried the following statements: > > dwobject ldw_r...

Nested report inside nested report
Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report inside already existing nested report? Yes, What problems are you having? Just retreive the main report and the nested - nested report will retrieve. > Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report > inside already existing nested report? ...

GetChild on Nested Report that contains Nested Reports?
I have a composite report that contains five nested reports. One of the nested reports contains nested reports within it. GetChild does not work on this NR. This was listed under the GetChild help. Nested reports: You cannot use GetChild to get a reference to a report in a composite DataWindow when the report itself is a composite or nested DataWindow. I need to get a handle to this NR so I can apply translations. Any ideas? There are multiple rows, therefore PB doesn't know which nested report to apply the change to. What type of change are you doing? > I hav...

Getting rowcount from a nested nested report.
I have a Datawindow with a nested report dw_1. Within the nested report I have another nested report dw_2. How can I find the rowcount of dw_1 and dw_2. I am trying to see if any records are found if not I need to display a message stating now records found in dw_2. Any help would be great! Thanks, Tina ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp What if you put a static text "No Data Found" in the background layer, where it would not be seen unless there was no data to cover it up? Or maybe give it a vi...

Nested report does not line op to the previous nested report
Hi everyone, I have a problem with lining up nested report. I created a composite report with 4 nested reports. The fist nested report is a free form report. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th report are grid reports. The 2nd grid report line up directly to data show in the 1st report. But 3rd and 4th report each start on a new page. But I do not want this. I want to line them up like 2nd report to the 1st report.. How can I solve this problem? I checked if the new page property is set for the repport, but this is not the case. They all have property 'autosize heigth' and 'slide dir...

GetChild returns -1 with nested reports in nested reports
We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 nested reports. When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports, the report with the nested reports returns -1. When we remove the nested reports all works fine. Is this normal behaviour or a bug?? We're using PB5.0.02. -- Greetings, Hans Groeneveld, TSD Automatisering B.V. h_groeneveld@tsd.nl Hans Groeneveld wrote: > > We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 > nested reports. > When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports,...

Composite Report
Hi! I need help, if you have a minuute.... I have a composite report (i.e. the 'base report') that accesses a database. The two columns retrieved are used by 3 'nested reports' in the bases' detail band. I can't figured out if any of the 3 nested reports actually return any data - within a script I want to determine this, if I look at it I can tell. ;-> Any way to find out if any rows were returned for my nested report objects? I see that the report object of a datawindow doesn't have a property to tell if rows were returned. Any ideas? Thanks f...

Datawindow rowcount() with nested reports
I have a datawindow which consists of 4 to 5 nested reports. Within a script, I need to determine if any data was retrieved for the datawindow after the retrieve() function is performed. In a regular datawindow, I can use the datawindow rowcount() function. This does not seem to work for datawindows consisting of nested reports. (It always returns 1 regardless of the amount of data returned.) Is there a method of determining the number of rows retrieved for a datawindow of nested reports? If not, is there a method to determine if any data has been retrieved. I am using versio...

Nested Reports
Hi All, Does anyone know how to add a pagebreak between 2 pre-defined nested reports ---------------------------------------------------------------- Introductory information ... ... ... ================================ = Nested report retrieving some date = ================================ <---- I want to insert a page break here. ================================ = List of services for the report = ================================ ---------------------------------------------------...

Problem Created Nested Report Object On Report DataWindow
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213. I face a problem creating a Sub-Report Object on an existing Report Data window. When ever I try to do this the system crushes. I also tried to copy an existing sub-report object from another datawindow. In this case the system does not crush, but all columns on the main datawindow, having a ddlb edit style, loose the ddlb information. (Even if you define them again, when you close & reopen the datawindwo, they are gone)! Any help appreciated Thanks In Advance Stelios ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Nested Reports RowCount
Hi, How do I access the number of rows in a Nested Report? Or, how can I=20 determine if a column in a row in a Nested Report is null? I have tried to find the number of rows using dot notation, but I can=B4t=20 find out the right syntax. I also tried to use GetChild to access the Nested Report but =EDt didn=B4t = work. Is this right ?: DataWindowChild ldwc=5Fchild Long ll=5Frows dw=5F1.GetChild("name=5Fof=5Freport", ldwc=5Fchild) ll=5Frows =3D ldwc=5Fchild.RowCount() Thanks in advance Adrian Gomez adriangomez@usa.net I can't find the refer...

RowCount of Nested Report???
Hello, does anybody out there know if there's a way to get the RowCount of a nested report (in the detail band) after having retrieved the data? i.e. if you have a DataWindow dw_1 with a nested report called nr_1, what i would like to know (for a certain row ROW): dw_1.object.nr_1[ROW].RowCount() ... of course, it doesnt work that way, but is there a way at all? We already have tried many ways. One way was to assign l_long[] = dw_1.object.nr_1[ROW].object.longCol.primary which works fine for Reports with rows in it, but unfortunately it triggers the SystemErr...

Web resources about - Nested Report -> Nested Report RowCount() - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Twitter
Log in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

iRail API
BeRoads data provider website

Imprimerie Basel — atelier des arts et sciences
{ "tiddlers": { "$:/core/copyright.txt": { "title": "$:/core/copyright.txt", "type": "text/plain", "text": "TiddlyWiki created by Jeremy Ruston, ...

Tennis - News - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site
Official site of Big 12 Conference athletics. The home of sports for the Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, ...

Printing simple tabular reports with JTable
Printing simple tabular reports with JTable - Alan's Ramblings

Two Weird 'Tricks' For Testing Graphical Code
Before I do a bunch of "Extract Method" refactorings, I looked over the code and wrote this comment: // creates pdf context. // computes rowCount ...

Breaking the SQL Barrier: Google BigQuery User-Defined Functions
... rows. The following contrived example illustrates this error: // myCode.js var numRows = 0; function dontDoThis(r, emit) { emit(rowCount: ++numRows); ...

Browse DLL M page 1
Download all your missing DLL, OCX and VXD files starting with the letter M free of charge. Just click the link below

A simple Delphi wrapper for Sqlite 3
Most applications use a database, and there are many excellent database engines to choose from, both free and commercial. SQLite is a smal

@@PACK_RECEIVED (Transact-SQL)
United States (English) Sign in Home Library Learn Samples Downloads Support Community Forums MSDN Library Servers and Enterprise Development ...