nested report in datawindow

I would like to have a nested report in the trailer of a group on my
datawindow. the problem is I don't know how big the nested report will be
and there isn't a autosize on trailer bands.
Can anyone help me with how to do this?? thanks.

0
Carol

no, it doesn't do it for you, I suggest if the database support, try to use
store procedure to group data for display instead of using nested report!

Carol wrote in message ...
>I would like to have a nested report in the trailer of a group on my
>datawindow. the problem is I don't know how big the nested report will be
>and there isn't a autosize on trailer bands.
>Can anyone help me with how to do this?? thanks.

0
Ivan

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

nested datawindow within another nested datawindow?
I was trying to create a report which has a nested datawindow within another nested datawindow, and PB didn't seem to go for this... got memory errors. Is this even possible? I searched all of the usual resources and couldn't find anything about this... maybe they assumed nobody would be dumb enough to try. thanks, Pat It is perfectly legal to have multiple levels of nested reports. However, nesting isn't supported for certain DW types like grid and n-up. Try testing your DWs on their own to ensure that they work properly. Then nest them one at a time and try to i...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Child datawindows (Nested DataWindows)
Hello all...I was wondering... I have used Child Datawindows for quite some time under PB9.03. These are invaluable when a user is in the Parent DataWindow and must choose a value from a list of choices provided by the Child DataWindow. The kind of Child DataWindow I am talking about is a DropDownDataWindow (DDDW). This is the only kind I have ever used. I was simply wondering whether there are more kinds of Child DataWindows other than the DDDW? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:) The next most popular use is of child DWs within Composite Presentation Style parents. Nested ...

No nested datawindows or n-up datawindows?
Hi: Are there no nested datawindows or n-up datawindows in Pocket? I can't seem to add them in the painter, yet the help describes the properties rows_Per_detail... Regards Currently, these DW types are not supported in PK 2.0.2. "Ignacio Mateos" <imateos@telefonica.net> wrote in message news:43282d5f$1@forums-2-dub... > Hi: > > Are there no nested datawindows or n-up datawindows in Pocket? > > I can't seem to add them in the painter, yet the help describes the > properties rows_Per_detail... > > Regards > ...

Urgent
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1. I have a report with the following layout: Datawindow A contain Datawindow B, Datawindow B contain Datawindow C And I want to get a reference to Datawindow C. However, I tried to use GetChild() for Datawindow B. It retured -1. Thus, I also tried to get another Datawindow D which is nested in Datawindow A and no nested datawindow nested in it. Then, using GetChild is worked for this case. Am I missing something?? is there any other way round?? Any ideas or suggestion are welcome. Thanks in Advance. Best Regards, Andy Cheung ...

PageCount() with Nested Datawindow in Composite Datawindow
Hi Everyone, I use PB 11.5.1 Build 4740 (last build). I have a problem when I am trying to print out a composite datawindow. I have a composite datawindow with 3 nested datawindow, when I try dw_composite.Retrieve() it works fine, but when I put dw_composite.Print(), I faced a problem with the second nested datawindow: the number of pages. For example, I have two pages and the print is "Page 2 of 2" to the first page and "Page 2 of 2" to the second one. I am using the function "page()". This just occurs to print option, when I am using retrieve op...

do not show nested datawindow on composite datawindow !!
I have developed using EAS 3.6.1 and PB 7.0.3 build 10047. i made composite datawindow within 3 nested datawindows and all dw have 2 retrieval arguments. and i retrieve result data using getfullstate. in Client webbrowser, main dw is displayed but nested datawindows is not displayed in main dw. why not display???.. How can I do? Thanks in advance. Kwang-gyu Nested DW's do not work. You will need to have multiple web datawindows or use a PDF writer like Adobe to print to a file and display this in the browser. "�̱���" wrote: > I have developed usi...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

Datawindow Nested Datawindow in data entry
hi!!! all , can i use nested datawindow in data entry to show important data ? means i want to show scrolling infomration on each row of a detail of a master detail screen. how can I do it ? means in an entry screen I want to show some scrolling information as the detail of detail on each row ? thanks , -neelesh If information is less you can simply add a dummy column,In detail screen. no the information is not less ... but the requirement is to make it as another detail as we don't know how much rows may come in it ... if it is more then the screen then ...

Web resources about - nested report in datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo