nested datawindow's retrieval argument

Hello, everybody.

I have a x datawindow with a retrieval argument "id" - number array.
I have a y datawindow and I wish to put into y datawindow, the x
datawindow
as a nested one. To achieve that, I use a retrieval argument at the y
datawindow, called
dummy -- number array , also, and I tell the nested (x) to use the y's
retrieval argument
(dummy) as its own.
But, ... it doesn't seem to work: specified retrieval arguments are
invalid.
Does anyone have any idea;

Thanks in advance.

0
Thomas

Are you getting any error ?
Try this : delete x dw and again put it again.

--
Mahendra Dhamdhere
Unicef, New York

Thomas Gerekos wrote:

> Hello, everybody.
>
> I have a x datawindow with a retrieval argument "id" - number array.
> I have a y datawindow and I wish to put into y datawindow, the x
> datawindow
> as a nested one. To achieve that, I use a retrieval argument at the y
> datawindow, called
> dummy -- number array , also, and I tell the nested (x) to use the y's
>
> retrieval argument
> (dummy) as its own.
> But, ... it doesn't seem to work: specified retrieval arguments are
> invalid.
> Does anyone have any idea;
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Mahendra

Datawindow Retrieve returning -1 after dynamically assigning Datawindow's dataobject
We are experiencing the same issues here, except that we are not using MODIFY() to change the SQL but we are setting the datawindow's dataobject to a new datawindow, retrieving and getting a return code of -1 We are running PB 10.5.1 Build 6537 We are using OLEDB drivers and we are connecting MS SQL 2008 Our Code choose case is_parm[1] case 'C' ls_dw = "d_r_confirmation" ........ ..... end choose idw_temp.DataObject = ls_dw idw_temp.SetTransObject(SQLCA) ll_row = idw_temp.Retrieve(ll_transno) The post below sounds very similar to wh...

Retrieving into Datawindow with dddw's containing arguments.
Hi. I have a datawindow that contains two DDDW's. The first DDDW is for choosing the office. The second DDDW is for choosing the person who works for the office. This DDDW has an argument of office_id. It is the "Person-Office" field that is actually updated, however this field is not visual and is manually set when the person is selected. The datawindow itself also contains an argument. When the datawindow is first opened, I am performing an insert row, so I am retrieving first into the dddw for person, and then doing an insert row on the datawindow. I have a...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve is unusually slow. What's wrong?
We are using powerbuilder with Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5. An issue we are having is that datawindows that have records 10000+ slow down almost exponentially during a retrieve the higher amount of records there is. A 40000 record datawindow should not take 5-10 minutes to retrieve on a 1ghz machine. Have any of you experienced a similar problem? Please let me know any suggestions you have. Please email me at johnowens50@hotmail.com John Owens johnowens50@hotmail.com Two possibilities: 1) your computer is memory-starved. Is the paging rate going up as the retrieval progre...

Web Datawindow & DDDW's with Retrieval Arguments
For anyone that is interested, this can be accomplished with the following. 1) Customize the HTMLGenerator component to add a method to load the dddw's before retrieving. 2) Use the SelfLink & SelfLinkArguments on the datawindow object 3) Set syntax to set the SelfLinkArguments is not simple, so beware! There will be a future article on how to implement this appearing on the SDN. -- Build Your Future With PowerBuilder 7.0 www.ctpartners.com/asp/iowa.asp Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com ...

Retrieving a PSR's Nested Datawindow Data with a Dynamic DWObject
Hi - I currently export data from a .PSR file with a nested datawindow using this code. Works great except I need to check the object name in the .PSR file and change my hardcode accordingly. // Start code ll_Rows = dw_1.RowCount() FOR ll_i = 1 to ll_Rows // first nested datawindow ldw_Nest = dw_1.Object.obj_192511780[ll_i] ls_dr_primary_nest = ldw_Nest.Object.Datawindow.data NEXT // End code I tried modifying my code to take advantage of the get_attribute function I just read about which is successful in getting the name of the nested datawindow and the data of th...

I need to create 'on the fly' a composite datawindow with data from other datawindows without retrieve again
problem: I need to create 'on the fly' a composite datawindow including several data (reports) from other datawindows without retrieve again (the other datawindows have data from previus dw. retrieve). I want just combine all datawindows in one to print in a signle page. Is there a method to do it ? Afentakis Andreas adr@pca.com.gr You could use some of PFC's functions, or create a composite dwo, with the same dwo's attached to the reports as in the main dwo's something like this: dw_composite.Object.d_report1.DataObject = dw_data1.dataobject dw...

Datawindow's Date argument with PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle 9i 9.2.0.1
Hi, there: Does anybody know how to pass datetime type data from client side to server side in the datawindow? Can anybody recommend a good book about how PowerBuilder deals with Oracle, datawindow, embedded SQL? Thanks in advance. PB DateTime data type corresponds to the Oracle Date type. You can set a DateTime variable using constants, or use the Date function to make a Date from mm, dd, yy and DateTime function to convert it. What are you not finding in the PB help and online books? "sybase.working" <sybase.working@yahoomail.com> wrote in message news:eYB...

How do I pass a retrieval argument to a datawindow's computed field that is a user defined function in MS SQL Server 2000
This works: SELECT study.study_number, study.entrydate, dbo.f_abstract('ABC') as c_abstract FROM study This DOES NOT Work SELECT study.study_number, study.entrydate, dbo.f_abstract(:ra_code) as c_abstract FROM study I get the error Select Error SQLSTATE = 37000 I am using Powerbuilder 6.51 MS SQL Server 2000 Thanks ...

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

Jaguar + DataWindow.Retrieve() + retrieval argument = doesn't work
I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5. I have created a PB component within a Datawindow Object. In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and all works fine. But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and change my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1. Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ? how ? I use a connection cache. I don't know why, but is it the problem ? Any help will be appreciated ! URGENT " Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message news:4rT6z9CRAHA.202@forums....

Jaguar + DataWindow.Retrieve() + retrieval argument = doesn't work
I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5. I have created a PB component within a Datawindow Object. In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and all works fine. But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and change my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1. Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ? how ? I use a connection cache. I don't know why, but is it the problem ? Any help will be appreciated ! URGENT " Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message news:4rT6z9CRAHA.202@forums....

nested datawindow retrieval arguments
Hello I'm trying to retrieve information from a composite datawindow. It has two datawindows, one of them has a retrieval argument and the other does not. First I retrieve the information from the datawindow with the retrieval argument. I use a reference from getchild and then call retrieve on this reference. This is okay. The problem occurs when I call retrieve on the datawindow control that contains the nested datwindow object. The retrieval argument dialog box appears asking me for an argument. Why does this occur? I even tried to insert a row before retrieving but ...

array retrieve argument in nested datawindow ?
Hello, can anybody tell me if it is possible to retrieve an String-array in a nested datawindow ? I try I it, but declaring this argument I get the message "Expression is not valid". Does this realy doesn't work ? I am working with PB 8.0.1 Build 9056. Thanks! Britta No, you can't pass an argument of type array (of any datatype) to a nested datawindow. It used to work, back in the PB5 or PB6 days, but no longer, and they don't intend to bring it back. You might consider delimiting the data and passing it in as a string, and then parsing it back out ...

Web resources about - nested datawindow's retrieval argument - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow