Multiple Selections in Child DataWindow DDDW

Dear All,

I would like to know, is there any possibility to select more than one
record in DropDownDataWindowss attached to a column in a DataWindow

Thanks in advance

0
Sybase

1. Use:

GetChild method of DataWindow control

 to get DropDown DW as a DatawindowChild object

2. Work with DatawindowChild object to set the selection

"Sybase" <kr_vasudev@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Dear All,
>
> I would like to know, is there any possibility to select more than one
> record in DropDownDataWindowss attached to a column in a DataWindow
>
> Thanks in advance

0
leyka
7/2/2004 9:03:49 AM
DDDW is a WRONG paradigm for multiple selection.

--
This is a FAQ, read Help, then search
www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search

pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
Philip Salgannik

"Sybase" <kr_vasudev@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I would like to know, is there any possibility to select more than one
> record in DropDownDataWindowss attached to a column in a DataWindow
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Philip
7/2/2004 1:06:46 PM
Philip.

Is there any other way for this option... This is required in datawindow
report retrieval arguments

SELECT * FROM customer
WHERE customer_code in (.......Arg)

On multiple selection, I'll populate argument with this ***arg =
'A001','B001','C001' ***

I would like to provide more than one option and upto # records in the
customer table as a selection...

Thanks

"Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> DDDW is a WRONG paradigm for multiple selection.
>
> --
> This is a FAQ, read Help, then search
> www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
>
> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> Philip Salgannik
>
> "Sybase" <kr_vasudev@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I would like to know, is there any possibility to select more than one
> > record in DropDownDataWindowss attached to a column in a DataWindow
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
Sybase
7/5/2004 4:39:06 AM
Popup a window with either a listbox or datawindow that emulates a listbox
with multiple selection.

--

"Sybase" <news:sybase.com> wrote in message news:40e8dc1e$1@forums-2-dub...
> Philip.
>
> Is there any other way for this option... This is required in datawindow
> report retrieval arguments
>
> SELECT * FROM customer
> WHERE customer_code in (.......Arg)
>
> On multiple selection, I'll populate argument with this ***arg =
> 'A001','B001','C001' ***
>
> I would like to provide more than one option and upto # records in the
> customer table as a selection...
>
> Thanks
>

> "Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > DDDW is a WRONG paradigm for multiple selection.
> >
> > --
> > This is a FAQ, read Help, then search
> > www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
> >
> > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > Philip Salgannik
> >
> > "Sybase" <kr_vasudev@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Dear All,
> > >
> > > I would like to know, is there any possibility to select more than one
> > > record in DropDownDataWindowss attached to a column in a DataWindow
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance

0
Philip

Datawindows with child datawindows

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Child datawindows (Nested DataWindows)
Hello all...I was wondering... I have used Child Datawindows for quite some time under PB9.03. These are invaluable when a user is in the Parent DataWindow and must choose a value from a list of choices provided by the Child DataWindow. The kind of Child DataWindow I am talking about is a DropDownDataWindow (DDDW). This is the only kind I have ever used. I was simply wondering whether there are more kinds of Child DataWindows other than the DDDW? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:) The next most popular use is of child DWs within Composite Presentation Style parents. Nested ...

merging multiple datawindows into a single datawindow
pb 9/win xp Hi. I am working on a reporting application which genetes a datawindow as an output by connecting to access 2007 db and displaying the columns from the database. In the report window, I have a command button, when clicked, generates a set of columns in a datawindow. again on clicking the same button, generates next set of columns. Is there a way that I can merge these different sets of columns into a single datawindow ? what I mean is can I merge the datawindows that are getting generated by clicking the command button into a single datawindow ? thanks It'...

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

Datawindow multiple select
I am trying to be able to do a multiple select on a datawindow. I have a list of in the database that i have showing with a datawindow. I want to delete only a column in that datawindow not the whole row. But I want to have the ability to select multiple rows to delete that column from and I cant seem to get a multiple select to work anyway i have tried. Thanks in advance. -- Shanster Take a look at the SelectRow function. Use SelectRow (row, TRUE) to highlight, SelectRow (row, FALSE) to un-highlight, SelectRow (0, TRUE) to highlight all rows, SelectRow (0, FALSE) t...

multiple selections in a datawindow
Hello all. I am new to powerbuilder. ver I am using is 9.0. I am using a datawindow which gets populated with some rows of data. I need todo multiple selections on that datawindow so that I can implement so manipulations on those records. currently I am only able to select a single row from that datawindow. any suggestions please. thanks! You want to use the SelectRow() datawindow function. One of the arguments is a boolean dictating whether the row should be highlighted or unhighlighted. You don't *have* to unhighlight the previous row when you highlight the next row. ...

Select in child datawindow

passing multiple select (selection list on a form) to html datawindow.
How do I pass a multi-select list box items on a form to a html datawindow as a page parameters? appreciate if someone can help. Thanks Syed. I found several ways to do this on www.irt.org if you want to search there for details. Try using client scripting and pass multiple parameters, one for each selected element in the list box. -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com Web DataWindow Articles (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708) TechWave2000 Presentations AM34, Extending the Web DataWindow (Mon-T...

Getting Datawindow name from datawindow child variable
Hi ! I want to get the datawindow (name) from a datawindowchild variable. But, the dwc has no way to get it. I want the code like this : datawindowchild dwc dw_1.getchild("colname", dwc) dw_2.dataobject = dwc.dataobject -------------- -> X In the above code, "dw_1.object.colname.dddw.name" is what I want. But, from the "dwc", I can't know that. Please, help! thx. You're correct. There is no way to get the datawindow name from the datawindow child, you have to ask the paren...

Export datawindow select statement form all datawindows
I have a large application with a lot of DWs. DB is SQL Server 2000. Some DW use " (double quotes) in the select statement (not '), and now, with PB105 and oledb, this statements fails (MS native driver works) I know that " isn't a valid character for delimiting strings in SQL, but this large application was written by many people :) How can I find all " in all select statements in all DW within my application to do a replace. Thanks, Alex B. Hi Alex, I'm not sure wether some tool like PBL Peeper is capable...

Problem with a Drop Down DataWindow (child) on a grid type DataWindow.
PB 7.02 Build 8046 on Windows NT 4.0 I have a problem with a Drop Down DataWindow (child) on a grid type DataWindow. One of the columns in my DataWindow is presenting a selection, limited (filtered) according to what the user has selected in a previous column (on the same DataWindow). The Drop Down DataWindow is not displaying the raw data (an abbreviated code), but an English text translation of the data needed. Here is my problem: When the DataWindow is activated, all data are correctly displayed (no filtering yet). When the user clicks on one of the rows and on the column, w...

Web resources about - Multiple Selections in Child DataWindow DDDW - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Selection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cricket: ACT Comets selection trial unearths young talent pushing for Futures League spots
ANU batsman Lakshmn Shivakkumar did his chances of a Futures League debut no harm on Sunday.

Dumped Maroons still eligible for Australian Kangaroos selection
Their State of Origin hopes may have been dashed but the banned Queenslander's could still represent the Kangaroos this season.

Murder trial in death of Tim Bosma starts Monday with jury selection
... took two men for a test drive in his truck never to return. The trial of two men accused in his death is set to begin Monday with jury selection, ...

Lloyd Carr Among 4 Named to College Football Playoff Selection Committee - Bleacher Report
Four new members were appointed to the College Football Playoff selection committee Thursday, including former University of Michigan head coach ...

Selection of Awesome Russian Jets from 2015
Russian photographer and a blogger, Mike S., decided to post his best shots of the previous year and it came out to be pretty brilliant collection. ...

AP PHOTOS: A Selection of Pictures From the Past Week
AP PHOTOS: A selection of pictures from the past week

Lloyd Carr, Rob Mullens, Jeff Bower, Herb Deromedi named to College Football Playoff selection committee ...
Former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr, Oregon AD Rob Mullens, ex-Southern Miss coach Jeff Bower and former Central Michigan coach Herb Deromedi will ...

2016 Pro Bowl Roster & Teams: Full Draft Selections
Who is playing in the Pro Bowl and for which team?

How Genetic Selection Could Affect The Future Of Pregnancy
Alec Ross, author of The Industries of the Future , spoke with HuffPost Live on Monday about the future of genetic selection. This feed and ...