Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8

I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-)

This is for my teammate who's going crazy.  He has a grid datawindow of 4
columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but
whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over.  Is there some setting he
needs to set someplace or is he stuck?

Evita R. Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst
Command Technlogies, Inc

I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over
from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current
columns 1 and 2)

Thanks

Evita
<VictorReinhart> wrote in message
> Use the Preview tab (not the Design tab).

Use the Preview tab (not the Design tab).

0
VictorReinhart
3/1/2002 3:44:10 PM
Read Victor's reply again, this is how to do it at design time :-)

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"E Chapa" <evita.chapa@commtechinc.com> wrote in message
> I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved
over
> from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current
> columns 1 and 2)
>
> Thanks
>
> Evita
> <VictorReinhart> wrote in message
> > Use the Preview tab (not the Design tab).

0
Simon
3/1/2002 3:56:23 PM
Thank you!!!  You're my hero :-)..Yes, I'm silly but you should've seen what
my teammate was going through trying to move the blasted column..

Thanks

Evita
"Simon Caldwell [TeamSybase]" <simonDOTcaldwellATbigfootDOTcom> wrote in
message news:R4ti4rTwBHA.309@forums.sybase.com...
> Read Victor's reply again, this is how to do it at design time :-)
>
> --
> All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those
of
> my employer
>

> "E Chapa" <evita.chapa@commtechinc.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved
> over
> > from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current
> > columns 1 and 2)
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Evita
> > <VictorReinhart> wrote in message
> > > Use the Preview tab (not the Design tab).

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

grid datawindow
first time using grid datawindows... when the select is done, the fields are inserted automatically. Thee columns are not in the proper order. How can i move them ? Go to the preview pane and move them from there. Just like you would do at runtime. Richard "Steph" <sybase.public.powerbuilder.general> wrote in message news:44859031$1@forums-2-dub... > first time using grid datawindows... > > when the select is done, the fields are inserted automatically. > Thee columns are not in the proper order. How can i move them ? > > Forget ...

Column Moving in Grid Datawindow
Hi , I am using grid datawindow in my application. After retrieving data i am moving (changing the display order) the columns. That's working fine. If i retrieve the data again column display order goes back to original, is there any i can keep column display order as i changed. could you please help me in this regard thanks in advance senthil s Re-retrieving the data won't reset the column order. But reassigning the dataobject or closing and reopening the window would. Unless you're using something like the PFC preferences service, there's nothing t...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

datawindow

Column moving in a grid datawindow.
We experience the following problem: In our app we can move columns around in grid datawindows. After having created at runtime a line object in the header this suddenly is no longer possible. Explicitly setting the Datawindow.Grid.ColumnMove property doesn't help. After deleting the line at runtime it works again. If I would create the line at design time everything works fine at runtime. Anybody any idea? Regards, Michael Cornelissen ...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Datawindows with child datawindows

Datawindow Grid and Column Move
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA To resize a column in a grid DW is necessary that the grid is displayed and the header's height is > 0 Ciao Angelo "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:93XUy0oLCHA.654@forums.sybase.com... > Hi. > > My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first > tabpage, is unchecked. It's posi...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Web resources about - Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo