Modify Computed Field

hello,

i would like to modify a computed field in a datawindow who
is in the footer band.

When i try :
dw_trombinoscope.object.t_droite.Expression = "Page : " +
string(il_page)

I've the message :
Error Accesing external object property expression at line
61 ....

Why ??

Thanks
ed
0
ed

That code looks OK to me. Are you sure it is a computed field and not a
static text? t_ is usually the naming convention for a static text, which
does not have an Expression property.

<ed> wrote in message news:41fab6db.ce1.1681692777@sybase.com...
> hello,
>
> i would like to modify a computed field in a datawindow who
> is in the footer band.
>
> When i try :
> dw_trombinoscope.object.t_droite.Expression = "Page : " +
> string(il_page)
>
> I've the message :
> Error Accesing external object property expression at line
> 61 ....
>
> Why ??
>
> Thanks
> ed

0
Jerry
1/31/2005 4:27:39 PM
Two threads last week on the same topic.   It appears the dot notation
cannot be used to modify the expression, although I cannot find any
documentation regarding this limitation.

<ed> wrote in message news:41fab6db.ce1.1681692777@sybase.com...
> hello,
>
> i would like to modify a computed field in a datawindow who
> is in the footer band.
>
> When i try :
> dw_trombinoscope.object.t_droite.Expression = "Page : " +
> string(il_page)
>
> I've the message :
> Error Accesing external object property expression at line
> 61 ....
>
> Why ??
>
> Thanks
> ed

0
Scott
1/31/2005 5:33:39 PM
I saw those other threads and accepted the conclusion then, but I just tried
this:

dw_1.object.compute_1.expression = "'testing'"

and it worked fine in PB9.0.1 7119 and PB7.0.2 8046.  I wonder if it was a
regression in the build you're using.

To the original poster, try this instead and see if you have better luck:

dw_trombinoscope.object.t_droite.Expression = "'Page : " + string(il_page)
+"'"

Ken

"Scott Morris" <bogus@bogus.com> wrote in message
> Two threads last week on the same topic.   It appears the dot notation
> cannot be used to modify the expression, although I cannot find any
> documentation regarding this limitation.
>
> <ed> wrote in message news:41fab6db.ce1.1681692777@sybase.com...
> > hello,
> >
> > i would like to modify a computed field in a datawindow who
> > is in the footer band.
> >
> > When i try :
> > dw_trombinoscope.object.t_droite.Expression = "Page : " +
> > string(il_page)
> >
> > I've the message :
> > Error Accesing external object property expression at line
> > 61 ....
> >
> > Why ??
> >
> > Thanks
> > ed

0
Ken
1/31/2005 5:49:45 PM
"Expression DataWindow object property"

See the above topic in the help file......

> I saw those other threads and accepted the conclusion then
> , but I just tried this:
>
> dw_1.object.compute_1.expression = "'testing'"
>
> and it worked fine in PB9.0.1 7119 and PB7.0.2 8046.  I
> wonder if it was a regression in the build you're using.
>

> To the original poster, try this instead and see if you
> have better luck:
>
> dw_trombinoscope.object.t_droite.Expression = "'Page : " +
> string(il_page) +"'"
>
> Ken
>
> "Scott Morris" <bogus@bogus.com> wrote in message
> > Two threads last week on the same topic.   It appears
> > the dot notation cannot be used to modify the expression
> > , although I cannot find any documentation regarding
> this limitation. >
> > <ed> wrote in message
> > > news:41fab6db.ce1.1681692777@sybase.com... hello,
> > >
> > > i would like to modify a computed field in a
> > > datawindow who is in the footer band.
> > >
> > > When i try :
> > > dw_trombinoscope.object.t_droite.Expression = "Page :
> > > " + string(il_page)
> > >
> > > I've the message :
> > > Error Accesing external object property expression at
> > > line 61 ....
> > >
> > > Why ??
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > ed

0
Butcher

computed field of a computed field
Hello, I made nice datawindow with some aggregate functions to calculate a certain value at a group level. Now I want a grand total which gives me the sum of these values. Unfortunately this does not seem to be possible. So, when I have a computed field which is round (sum(file_field),0) located in the trailer band, I need a grand total of this field in the summary band. Does anyone know how to solve this ? Philip. Philip@acom.be (Belgium) Philip, in the group , you must have created a computed field having expression sum ( file_field ) for group 1 In the summery, y...

Computed field in Datawindow
PB version: 6.5 A computed field in a datawindow have not a tab order. So, i can�t go to this field and do a 'Copy and Paste' of the value of this field. Thanks... try to use computed column, u can't use computed field for copy & paste as it does not have tab order, it is only for display. ...

Computed field in a datawindow
How do I make a computed field in a datawindow editable? You can't. But you can create computed column. It has a tab order. Go to SQL painter of datawindow, go to computed, place 0 for number type of editable column, '' for string type of editable column -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id Shobana Juliana wrote: > How do I make a computed field in a datawindow editable? >How do I make a computed field in a datawindow editable? You don't. If you need for the user to be able to e...

Datawindows and Computed Fields
I am using PB 8 and have several formatted datawindows providing reports for the end user. What has been requested of me and I am having trouble with is as follows. I have a datawindow with a nested datawindow. The main datawindow object contains the "parent" record and the nested one contains "child" records. Basically an Agency has subagencies. This report is to be used to create a manual. Where I am having the problem is that the page numbering is done using a computed field placed in the header (or footer or detail for that matter). I need to know the page...

Computed Field not computing
I have a series of computed fields that calculate percentages and then a series that total those percentages. When I add the third total percentage field (out of four total) to my group trailer, all my total percentage fields sum to 0 when they should all sum to 100. If I move the third computed field into another band then they all sum to 100 and when I put it back they all still compute to 100. Why would this happen? I know computed fields constantly re-compute, but these are not initially computing correctly based on the number of computed fields present in my group trailer band...

Computing computed field
I Have a computed field in tailor band of a group. I tried to sum that computed field in summary band using another computed expression ..It is displaying 0 instead of sum . I appreciated any help Thanks Sue You can place the expression from the second field in the first one instead of referring to it. Another option (often works) is to apply the GroupCalc DataWindow method (of course outside the expression in the script where you issue Retrieve(), for example.). Sue Sambireddy wrote: > I Have a computed field in tailor band of a group. I tried to sum > t...

Computing Computed Field
I Have a computed field in tailor band of a group. I tried to sum that computed field in summary band using another computed expression ..It is displaying 0 instead of sum I appreciated any help Thanks Sue IF you use the format sum(x for group 1) in Tailor group then use sum(x for all) in summary. Stephan Donati Fortisoft Corporation "Sue Sambireddy" <SSambireddy@bankofny.com> wrote in message news:3AE83A22.AF41D7BC@bankofny.com... > I Have a computed field in tailor band of a group. I tried to sum > that computed field in summary band using a...

Computed field in a N-Up datawindow
Hi Gurus, PB6.5: I have a N-up report with 5 columns; I have to calculate a result based in a column field, but cannot find the way to make a reference to the same column field in the second, third, fourth (and so on) column. gg TIA VM You have to use relative offsets, starting with 0 and adding one for each additional row in the band. So, transaction_date[0] references the transaction_date column in the first row in the band. In your case, you would use offsets 0 through 4 VM wrote: > Hi Gurus, > > PB6.5: > > I have a N-up report with 5 column...

datawindow describe and computed fields
Hello, li_max = Integer(dw.Object.DataWindow.Column.Count) for li_col = 1 to li_max ls_colname = dw.describe("#" + String(li_col) + ".Name") next The above snippet of code yields the fields in a datawindow, but does not list computed columns. How do I get computed columns to be listed using the describe statement? -- Mark Schupay Look at dw_1.describe("datawindow.objects") "Mark Schupay" <ssd@zoominternet.net> wrote in message news:B7J4rRcvCHA.199@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > > li_max = Integer(dw.Objec...

Modifying Computed field Expression
Hello, We have a software package that we use in our business, where we have some control over customizations to the program. We don't have access to window objects, but we have access to certain datawindows and global functions. One global function runs when a window refreshes. The function contains a choose case statement to determine which window is opening. It then runs the script for that window. I have a computed field on a datawindow that just has an Expression of 0. I want to be able to have the Expression for the computed field get modified through this fun...

datawindow, sum on computed field.
I am trying to create a report for which I have got several group by in datawindow and also I have got few computed fields. Now I want to do sum of the one computed field in trailer band of group. When I tried to do that it says "aggregate functions can not be nested within aggregate function". So it means I can not have sum defined in trailer band for the computed field. Is there any way to do this. Himanshu, you can't sum grouped computed fields in the trailer band as PB as imposed limitations on that. But you can create computed columns and group the data in the dat...

summation of computed fields under datawindow
Just one quick & simple quesion. However, i do get stuck with this for a long time. How can i sum up the total of the computed fields? Example: ComField = sum (A for group 1) where A=column However, at the end of my report, i coded "sum(ComField for all)", i only got "0". Is there anyway syntax to sum the computed fields at the end of the report. Thanks in advance! Joe, You may have over-simplified your example, because you can just create a computed field with the expression "Sum (A for all)" and solve that particular problem. Is th...

Datawindow computed fields cannot update
Hello!! I create a compute field in which to calculate something like avg(salary for group 1) and name it avg_salary, where salary is stored before in the databse. My problem is when I create another compute field, says max (avg_salary for all), in which to obtain the max. salary from all of the avg_salary, something happen!! The field cannot work! Can you help me?? "PatrickHo" <abc@abc.com> wrote in message news:425471ef$1@forums-1-dub... > Hello!! > > I create a compute field in which to calculate something like avg(salary for group 1) and...

modify expressions in computed fields ?
Can i modify expressions in computed fields depends on the value in a column like other properties like color (exam: text.Color='0~t If (formel_id =1 ,255,0)' )?? thats my test_modstring: c_test.Expression='0~tIf(formel_id =1 ,1+1,0)' i have only Syntax error at the last column. Thank you very much! Sure you can. Off hand your syntax looks ok. Replace "forme1_id" with a constant and see if it accepts the syntax: '0~tIf(1=1 ,1+1,0)' First get it working in the DW painter. Then copy that syntax out and use it in your modify. Regards, John ...

Web resources about - Modify Computed Field - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Single-photon emission computed tomography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
However, it is able to provide true 3D information. This information is typically presented as cross-sectional slices through the patient, but ...

For Jacki Weaver, 'Silver Linings Playbook' finally computed
Jacki Weaver of 'Silver Linings Playbook' says it was a thrill to work with Robert De Niro in David O. Russell's quirky film.

A Lion Goes Undergoes Computed Tomography Because Even Big Cats Need a CAT Scan Every Once in a While ...
... The Leibniz Institute for Zoo & Wildlife Research (IZW) in Berlin, Germany, today inaugurates the world’s most advanced state-of-the art computed ...

The guy who found Waldo computed the longest American road trip
... Olson, a doctoral student at Michigan State, and asked him to compute one of the most complicated road trips ever. (Olson previously computed ...

Discovering How Greeks Computed in 100 B.C.
The Antikythera Mechanism organized the ancient Greek calendar in the cycles of the Olympiad, researchers say.

Technique using computed tomography associated with improved detection of lymph node metastasis in patients ...
Preoperative 3-dimensional visualization of sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) with a technique known as single-photon emission computed tomography/computed ...

Chromatin Conformation Computed
By manipulating DNA sequences that guide genome-folding, researchers confirm an existing model of chromatin structure inside the nucleus.

Researchers use computed microtomography to identify well preserved fossil arthropod
Ludwig Maximilian University researchers have used computed microtomography (micro-CT) to identify to the species level an exceptionally wellpreserved ...

Endocranial features of Australopithecus africanus revealed by 2- and 3-D computed tomography
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University Medical School, St. Louis, MO 63110. The earliest hominid from South Africa, Australopithecus ...