Migration from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0

Hello,

We are in the process of migrating from PB 6.5 to 9.0.1 Build 7096. We found
that when we are inserting rows using PB 6.5 it was found that the SQL which
got generated in where was : WHERE APPLICANT_ID = NULL,

In PB 9.0 the same datawindow is generating SQL as : WHERE APPLICANT_ID is
NULL.

The 2nd one is taking a long time to display the blank screen. Is there any
solution to this which can be put in the INI file?

Environment is Oracle 9i R2 and PB 9.0 using O84 drivers.

Regards
Ravi

0
RH

Why are you not using the "O90" drivers?

"RH" <rharve@detma.org> wrote in message news:4030ea23$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hello,
>
> We are in the process of migrating from PB 6.5 to 9.0.1 Build 7096. We
found
> that when we are inserting rows using PB 6.5 it was found that the SQL
which
> got generated in where was : WHERE APPLICANT_ID = NULL,
>
> In PB 9.0 the same datawindow is generating SQL as : WHERE APPLICANT_ID is
> NULL.
>
> The 2nd one is taking a long time to display the blank screen. Is there
any
> solution to this which can be put in the INI file?
>
> Environment is Oracle 9i R2 and PB 9.0 using O84 drivers.
>
> Regards
> Ravi

0
Chris
2/17/2004 1:19:52 PM
We are not using O90 drivers because, we need to install Oracle 9i client on
all the machines across the state. Once that is done, we would be using the
O90 drivers.

Regards
RH
"Chris Pollach" <PollachC@SCC-CSC.gc.ca> wrote in message
> Why are you not using the "O90" drivers?
>
> "RH" <rharve@detma.org> wrote in message news:4030ea23$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are in the process of migrating from PB 6.5 to 9.0.1 Build 7096. We
> found
> > that when we are inserting rows using PB 6.5 it was found that the SQL
> which
> > got generated in where was : WHERE APPLICANT_ID = NULL,
> >
> > In PB 9.0 the same datawindow is generating SQL as : WHERE APPLICANT_ID
is
> > NULL.
> >
> > The 2nd one is taking a long time to display the blank screen. Is there
> any
> > solution to this which can be put in the INI file?
> >
> > Environment is Oracle 9i R2 and PB 9.0 using O84 drivers.
> >
> > Regards
> > Ravi

0
RH

Migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0
Sybase will be giving our company a presentation on migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0 with a view to deploying to the WEB. Our application is three tier. IBM DB2 PB App Servers on Mid teir Servers PB Client applications on WinNT and Win98 PCs If anyone has any experiences (usually bad) with migration issues I would appreciate any input or advice on specific questions and issues we should bring up at this presentation. Thanks Snookyt What app servers are you using now? Is this currently a DPB app? On Thu, 2 May 2002 15:07:36 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilde...

Migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0 #2
After migrating our PB 6.5 application to PB 9.0 it showed up warnings for GetSQLPreview function. Is it safe to leave this as it is? Since they are quite a lot. Will it cause any problems? Thanks, Rahul The help file in PB8 states: Obsolete method GetSQLPreview is obsolete and will be discontinued in the near future. You should replace all references to GetSQLPreview as soon as possible. The SQL syntax is available as an argument in the DBError and SQLPreview events. That means that Sybase has warned you that the function won't be around forever. You're going to ...

Migration from PB 5/6.5 to PB 9
Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. Thanks in advance. Gurpreet Singh You can use the following link http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/changes_to_powerbuilder.html Vinay Karwal > Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a > document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 > giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. > > Thanks in advance. > Gurpreet Singh http://www.techno- kitten.com/Changes_t...

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Migrate/Upgrade from PB 5.0.xx to PB 8.0/9.0
Hi, I am having the PB 5.0.xx Applications running on my pc at this moment. I have to Migrate/Upgrade them to PB 8/9. What is the best way to get this? Can any one give me some guidance on this? Thanks for your Help in Advance Regards Migrating: - Backup - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages turned on - Backup, send it offside - Run Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools in PB8/9) - Fix the identified issues using PB5 <doublechecking> - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages t...

problem with migration pb 6.5 to pb 6.0
after problems in compilation with pb 6.5, I compile librairies in pb 6.0 and it is ok. But, in menu, letters with accent ("�" or "�" ) become "o". thanks to say me if it's normal... ...

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Application running slow after Migrating from PB 6.5 -> PB 9.0.2
Hi, We have migrated our application from PB 6.5 TO pb9.0.2. We have around 80 pbls. In PB 6.5 , application used to be fast. I mean EXE. In PB 9.0.2 , exe is running slow. We are not using PFC DATABASE is : Oracle 8.1.7.4.0 Any suggestion/help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Kavitha.M That's really not enough information to be helpful. You probably need to do some profiling of your application to determine what operations are taking too much time. Once you've narrowed it down somewhat we may be able to help. On 28 Feb 2005 22:54:22 -0800, Kavitha wro...

PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment
I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5. I have compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04 installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment DLL's to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set of PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's. It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB 5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process. My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd'...

Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5
I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5. The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes with Dr. Watson's error. Did anybody have a similar experience? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. T...

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

Web resources about - Migration from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow
EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

Migration to Windows 10 to be fastest yet, says Gartner
Windows 10 is poised to become the most widely installed version of Windows ever, following on the path of Windows XP and Windows 7 before it, ...

IBM Nabs Giant Eagle Cloud Migration Deal
IBM can now count Giant Eagle among its growing list of cloud customers, as Big Blue works to overhaul the supermarket chain's IT operations. ...

Africa-Europe: The politics of migration
While Western eyes have recently focused on the east and arrivals from Syria and Afghanistan, people from a dozen or so African countries continue ...

High skilled migration and global innovation
... using a multi-country endogenous growth model. The proposed framework introduces and quantifies a “frontier growth effect” of skilled migration: ...

Site Redesign & Migration Tips To Avoid SEO & UX Disasters
Planning to overhaul your website? Check out contributor Modestos Siotos' tips to help you minimize the potential negative impact of a site relaunch. ...

6 ways to cut the cost and pain of a Windows 10 migration
... past two years, the cost and frustration was not only high, the resources required were crippling. But ready or not, chances are a new migration ...