max no of chars of each column in powerbuilder datawindow

Hi !

I'm using powerbuilder 5.0
what's the max no of char(s) of each column in powerbuilder datawindow ...
!?
i found i can only input 200 char in a column as no limit set in the column

Pls advise ...

JJ

0
JJ

There is no restrictive limit the DW puts on column lengths, but your
database may limit you. If you can't enter more data into your column then
either make your column bigger or turn on vertical or horizontal scrolling.

Regards,
John
Team Sybase

"JJ" <jasonyklau@sinaman.com> wrote in message
> Hi !
>
> I'm using powerbuilder 5.0
> what's the max no of char(s) of each column in powerbuilder datawindow ...
> !?
> i found i can only input 200 char in a column as no limit set in the
column

> Pls advise ...
>
> JJ

0
John

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Deleting Rows with Identity Columns through Powerbuilder Datawindow
Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am having the following problem: I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed Between Retrieve and Update Error"! I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to no avail. However, I can delete records from the table th...

Identity columns with ASA 6 and PowerBuilder datawindows
It seems that as of SQL Anywhere 6 the identity column feature does not work properly in the PB datawindow any more. As in version 5 it would automatically retrieve the newly created ID, you have to do it manually in ASA 6. The ASA 6 documentation explicitly mentions this. Has this been fixed in a later build of ASA 6? Why did it stop working? Thanks, Jacek Did you update your PBODB60.INI to accomodate ASA6? See the ASA help section "Upgrade notes for Powerbuilder and Infomaker users" >It seems that as of SQL Anywhere 6 the identity column feature does...

How to create dynamic columns in the Datawindow Using powerbuilder

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

PowerBuilder datawindow painter unable to view columns in synonym table
I am using PB 6.5 and accessing a Oracle database. The table is a synonym of a production table. In the DW painter I can view the synonym table name, but it does not display any column names. I can create the DW in sytax mode,save,and test it and it works. If I attempt to change back to graphics mode I recieve an error that the table or view does not exist. Any suggestions? Ron Which driver is this (O73, OR8, O84). Which sqlnet/net8 version? I don't recall ever having a problem with any PB 6.x version while using the O73 driver. Currently I'm using O84 d...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve
I would like to create a dynamic datawindow retrieve. I have a list of datawindows with various types of retrieval arguments--some are arrays. I would like to pass a program the parameter and parameter type and have it dynamically build the retrieve. I've tried using the ANY variable type, but it doesn't work when the argument is an array. Does any one know of a way to "build" the retrieve statement on the fly, or something else to do? Thanks JBachman jbachman@worldnet.att.net -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.d...

PowerBuilder down on opening a datawindow.
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i. Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow. Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow painter, PowerBulider gets down. Someone told me that changing default printer might help. But it didn't help. Please help me. Thanks. Several suggestions: First make a backup of the datawindow to another .pbl (you may even want to create a new .pbl just to hold the backup). 1) Try regenerating just the datawindow. 2) Try optimizing your .pbls then a full regeneration (back up all the .pbls first, again just as a ...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Painter.
We have developed an application that allows user to create custom data entry windows using datawindow painter dw60.exe (PB 6.5.1). This works very well for our users who are non IT people. The problem we have is that dw60.exe is distributed with the Powerbuilder but not sold as a separate purchasable product. After discussions with Sybase representatives we have each user purchase a copy of Infomaker to make them 'legal'. We are not totally happy with this situation as we move forward to PB 8 also we are not sure if there is a dw80.exe or whether this will be supp...

Web resources about - max no of chars of each column in powerbuilder datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles