Match expression

I have a character field in which I need to prevent certain
letters from being typed anywhere in the value. Can anyone
give me an example of a validation expression I can add to
my dataobject?
0
Russ

The class operator, square brackets, is your friend. If you wanted to
exclude vowels, NOT (Match(GetText(),'[aeiouAEIOU]+') if pretty close
(haven't tried it)
Note that the validation expression is only applied when you tab off or
call AcceptText. To check as each character is typed, use the
EditChanged event.

Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

On 1/5/2011 4:29 PM, Russ wrote:
> I have a character field in which I need to prevent certain
> letters from being typed anywhere in the value. Can anyone
> give me an example of a validation expression I can add to
> my dataobject?
0
Jerry
1/5/2011 9:56:51 PM
I wanted the datawindow expression method. Thanks Jerry.

> The class operator, square brackets, is your friend. If
> you wanted to  exclude vowels, NOT (Match(GetText()
> ,'[aeiouAEIOU]+') if pretty close  (haven't tried it)
> Note that the validation expression is only applied when
> you tab off or  call AcceptText. To check as each
> character is typed, use the  EditChanged event.
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 1/5/2011 4:29 PM, Russ wrote:
> > I have a character field in which I need to prevent
> > certain letters from being typed anywhere in the value.
> > Can anyone give me an example of a validation expression
> > I can add to my dataobject?
0
Russ

HELP Match DataWindow expression function
Hi friends, i need to set a field with letters of A to Z, numbers of 0 to 9 and the sign - Match(GetText(), "^[A-Z0-9]+$") no work Match(GetText(),'-') or Match(GetText(), "^[A-Z0-9]+$") no work Match(GetText(), "^[-]^[A-Z0-9]+$") no work It`s possible to set letters,numbers and sign - for a field...? Thanks Karla Try MessageBox ("Match", Match ("ab-9", "^[a-zA-Z0-9\-]+$")) Dash is a control character, so you have to escape it. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten Ka...

how to write loop expression in Datawindow Expression?
thx "handi" <zs@westd.net> wrote in message news:3f5d9d07$1@forums-1-dub... > thx > Loop? Can you give us a better idea of what you're trying to accomplish? -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] Get the new PB9 books! http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Code samples on Sybase CodeXchange: http://codexchange.sybase.com ISUG Enhancement Requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement Write a global function and refer to it in the dw expression. --- PowerObject! > thx > > <PowerObject!> wrot...

datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows
Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a datawindow expression. In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail dw depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw. Thanks Martin Martin, There is no direct way. You could, however, write a couple global functions... one to set a value, one to get a value (then call these from a computed field in the DW)... but you're probably better off doing this in a script. HTH, Greg -- ...

DataWindows Expressions for contraints on grid datawindows...
This may seem like an unholy thing to do to a datawindow, but I ran into a place where it was appropriate. First, I decided that I wanted to use Don Roof's dropdownfilter service for datawindows, which is triggered by clicking on a small bitmap icon which is supposed to be positioned next to the column heading. This is fine for the tabular style that Don's samples used. However, I wanted to use a grid-style datawindow to allow my users to resize columns while the application is running. Unfortunately, the datawindow tries to resize the bitmap when the column is resized, makin...

Regular expression substitution matching all possible matches
This is a question about perl regexp usage. I hope it's okay to post it here; it seemed too advanced for the beginners list. It may lead on to a possible feature request for the perl core. I would like to perform match-and-substitute finding all possible matches of a regular expression within a string. By 'all possible matches' I mean all productions from that regular expression, not just the production that perl's regexp engine happened to find first. So given the regexp /\Ax*/ and the string 'xxx', I would expect to see matches '', 'x', &#...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

Can DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable handle DataWindow expressions ?
Hi there, I have a couple of DWs that I am saving as HTML. I use 'DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable' to get the html (I've also tried data.html). I prifix this with the StyleSheet in order to get the layout correct i.e. bold, colours etc.. One DW is very simple and works no problem. The other (external) DW is very complicated and has loads of columns. Depending on various column data values, all the columns have expressions to control things like x and coords, height, width, visibility etc.. When I get the HTML the layout is not correct. Some column are not displayed when the...

Datawindow Expressions
Hi there! I'm having a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I'm trying to change the attributes of a datawindow in PowerBuilder 6.5 so that the list of available radio buttons defined for a column is dynamic. Specifically, if a flag column in the datawindow is set to a 1, I need an extra radio-button added to the list of available selections. Otherwise, it should not be present. I've been looking at the .Values attribute for the datawindow object and I can manipulate it to change the available options but only when I don't have an expression. I just c...

datawindow expression
I'm trying to do something that sounded so simple, but I cannot figure it out. I want to change the background color of a "cell" in a grid datawindow when it has focus. Not the background color of the entire column or row - just the cell which represents the current row and column. I cannot find any datawindow function that tells me the current column. Can it be determined with the Describe function? I tried "GetColumnName" inside a Describe, and of course that is not valid. All the datawindow functions seem to apply to rows, not columns. Does anyone ha...

datawindow expression
In PowerBuilder a datawindow expression can call a global function. Is there a similar possibility/feature in DataWindow .NET? Thanks j. Not at this point. On 17 Aug 2004 02:54:20 -0700, jan wrote: >In PowerBuilder a datawindow expression can call a global >function. Is there a similar possibility/feature in >DataWindow .NET? > >Thanks > >j. ...

match not matching
Can somebody help me understand this? Given this loop, and the logged output following ... my $found; for( @$products ) {; $found = $$_ =~ m|$project|; $dump = Data::Dumper->Dump([$_, $project, $$_, $found]); $logger->trace(qq(dump=$dump)); } I can't explain why $found is not true on the 3rd pass. Does this have something to do with the way I'm dereferencing the blessed object? SVN.Hooks - dump=$VAR1 = bless( do{\(my $o = 'FS1100-S1')}, 'RPC::XML::string' ); $VAR2 = 'STABLE/FS1100-S3/RSLOGIX_5000/'; $VAR3 = 'FS1100-S1'...

Datawindow, Protect property, add datawindow expression to control setting
There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an expression. Did you mean the ReadOnly property of the whole datawindow? Matthew Chestnut wrote in message <3c87c173.108123333@forums.sybase.com>... Oops, I was in a hurry when I entered this ... I meant to request an expression on the *Required* attribute for a datawindow column. On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:48:33 -0500, "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote: >There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an >expression. Did you mean the Re...

Datawindow Expressions
Hi I have an expression to change the color of text on row in a datawindow , 'if (change_colour =1,rgb(255,0,0),rgb(0,0,0) )', but what I am trying to do is only change the color of a particular column on the row. Is there any way to do this? All the columns have to have the expression but any combination of the columns are to have the color change. Hope that makes sense. Ron If I understand the question correctly, you can put the expresion in the datawindow. Go to teh datawindow painter and click on a field (column) you want to have use the expression. (PB8)...

datawindow expression
Hi, I made an expression on my datawindow level : for example the border expression : if(order_ind>0,5,1) Now I want to get this syntax via script on my window level ... How can I do this so that I can also put this or another expression back to the datawindow expression ? This.Describe("order_ind.Border") This also gives me data in the field, but what do I have to do to get only the expression ? Thnx in advance You should post this in the powerbuilder.datawindow section. On 14 Oct 2004 05:41:24 -0700, Dave wrote: >Hi, > >I made an expressio...

Web resources about - Match expression - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Closed-form expression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an expression is said to be a closed-form expression if it can be expressed analytically in terms of a finite number of certain ...

Fighting abuse to protect freedom of expression
We believe that protection from abuse and harassment is a vital part of empowering people to freely express themselves on Twitter. Today, as ...

Apple acquires ‘Emotient’ facial expression & emotion detection technology
The Wall Street Journal reports Apple has confirmed it has made an acquisition of artificial intelligence startup Emotient . The cloud-based ...

Joe Rogan's Facial Expression After Ronda Rousey Got Knocked Out Was Priceless - Bleacher Report
Joe Rogan 's face spoke for us all Saturday night. After UFC superstar Ronda Rousey got knocked out by a lethal kick from Holly Holm, the commentator ...

How One Conservative’s Lost Twitter Badge Spells Trouble For Free Expression
How One Conservative’s Lost Twitter Badge Spells Trouble For Free Expression

Computers learn how to spot hidden facial expressions
Machines are good at spotting obvious emotions like smiles, but they're not so hot at detecting the extremely brief microexpressions that reveal ...

Leonardo DiCaprio Reacts to Lady Gaga's Golden Globes Win See His Hilarious Expression!
Leonardo DiCaprio Reacts to Lady Gaga's Golden Globes Win See His Hilarious Expression!

Apple Buys A Startup That May Help It Read Your Facial Expressions
The Emotient software could be used to make Siri more aware of the moods of her human masters. Apple wants its devices to understand the emotional ...

Redbubble, A Profitable Channel For Artistic Expression
There is a growing movement of people who never want to follow a trend. Instead they embrace their own creative self-expression and are just ...

Apple Acquires AI Firm Emotient, Their Tech Can Read Emotion In Facial Expressions
Apple Inc. seems to recognize the fact that studying facial expressions is a very big topic of interest for many technology companies. Which ...