Limit a data on column with decimal data type

Dear All,

How to limit a column with a specific min value and max value ? I'm using
edit mask (on edit tab) in datawindow.

ekologi

Validation expression - use the appropriate number conversion on GetText().
Or use the ItemChanged event, casting the data argument to the
appropriate numeric data type.

Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

On 11/6/2010 12:38 PM, ekologi wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> How to limit a column with a specific min value and max value ? I'm
> using edit mask (on edit tab) in datawindow.
> Thanks
0
Jerry
11/7/2010 1:34:45 AM
And to reduce the boring trial-and-fail actions let the user know about the
exact limitation by showing it as a column tooltip, as a static text around
the column or precisely specified in the validation error message itself.

"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Validation expression - use the appropriate number conversion on
> GetText().
> Or use the ItemChanged event, casting the data argument to the appropriate
> numeric data type.
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 11/6/2010 12:38 PM, ekologi wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> How to limit a column with a specific min value and max value ? I'm
>> using edit mask (on edit tab) in datawindow.
>> Thanks

0
Ivaylo
11/7/2010 8:22:01 AM
Thanks to you all

> Validation expression - use the appropriate number conversion on
> GetText().
> Or use the ItemChanged event, casting the data argument to the appropriate
> numeric data type.
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 11/6/2010 12:38 PM, ekologi wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> How to limit a column with a specific min value and max value ? I'm
>> using edit mask (on edit tab) in datawindow.
>> Thanks

0
ekologi
11/7/2010 7:21:13 PM
Agreed. And maybe a spinner editmask -but IIRC spin range doesn't apply
if the user types in a value.

On 11/7/2010 3:22 AM, Ivaylo Ivanov wrote:
> And to reduce the boring trial-and-fail actions let the user know about the
> exact limitation by showing it as a column tooltip, as a static text around
> the column or precisely specified in the validation error message itself.
>
> "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]"<jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo.com>  wrote in message
>> Validation expression - use the appropriate number conversion on
>> GetText().
>> Or use the ItemChanged event, casting the data argument to the appropriate
>> numeric data type.
>>
>> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
>> Product Enhancement Requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> On 11/6/2010 12:38 PM, ekologi wrote:
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> How to limit a column with a specific min value and max value ? I'm
>>> using edit mask (on edit tab) in datawindow.
>>> Thanks

0
Jerry

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Size of string data type / column with char data type in PB
I use PB8 as front end with MS SQL Server database as back end. There is a column of Text data type in database. That column is able to hold large size of data. I created a datawindow to retrieve data from this column. Then I created a non-visual user object data store using this datawindow as dataobject. There is a multiplelineEdit control on a window which allows user to input pages of text. When the =91SAVE=92 button is clicked, the text should be saved into the table through the datastore. The problem is: the text is truncated after saving. Only about 4034 characters are ...

Inserting BLOB Type column data with other columns data(normal Text)
In below code, SQL Statement is used to Insert BLOB Type data using Serialization. It is required to insert other (normal text) with BLOB Type data as well. Like to get below SQL statement amended so that all the columns(ID,name, blob) can be inserted. Just now below code working fine Inserting BLOB Type data. I think it is not stright forward way to insert all the columns(normal text) with BLOB?  1 protected void button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) 2 { 3 //Connection string 4 string oradb = datasource= mysource;userid="xyz" password="passwo...

Bit Data type column from Database to ASP Data grid getting error Cast from type 'DbDataRecord' to type 'Boolean' is not valid.
I have bit Datatype column in my table and I am putting this table into ASP datagrid  I have created a check box in thiscolumn in datagrid using itemtemplate.  so this bit column should have a check box next to it in datagrid but I am getting this when running the app  Cast from type 'DbDataRecord' to type 'Boolean' is not valid. any one know any thing about this issue Hi, khana04: I am not sure about what you are going to do about convert DbDataRecord to Boolean. Would u please show us some code about  it. However, the following code works fine for me to retrive t...

How to convert varchar data type into datetime data type without data lose
Hi all, i have stored date as varchar(30) data type and Date format is dd/MM/yyyy now i have to convert it into datatime data type can u help me in query ?  i have 330 records and each recod contain the Date in format of dd/MM/YYYY but due to varchar data type i can not perform calculation on Date so i have to convert into datetime without data lose. please help me in this regard. Best RegardsRameezWaheed  life is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps You can check these posts http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2039108&SiteID=17   ...

How to get data from column with Long data type
How would I go about extrating data using ASP.NET 2.0 from a column whose datatype in oracle is LONG? Contents field of the Oracle table contents has the type longraw          string sql = "SELECT contents FROM Property "              + " WHERE ElementID = :ElementID";        DBCommandWrapper cmd = db.GetSqlStringCommandWrapper(sql);        cmd.AddInParameter("ElementID", DbType.String, ElementID);&nbs...

Modifying data column names and Data types
I'm in the process of converting a rather huge VSAM database into a set of SQL tables. I am using the same data names from the mainframe (like XDB-NAME to RDB-NAME). I load the files using Import Export Data and it makes the tables with such column names as col001, col002, col003, etc... and always sets the data types to varchr(255). And I have to cut and paste the data names from the manframe side to the server side (and the data types to.)  So, is there an easier way to do this? Or am I doomed to cut-n-paste my days a...

data type DATA
just want to ask why i still encounter "Type Expected" error in the DATA data type. though i already imports the System.Data.SqlClient...

Datawindow Column Data Type
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to know if there is any way I can get the DataType of a column on a datawindow; Like Integer, Char(10), etc Thanks Stelios Try: <DW Control Name>.Describe("<Columnname>.Type") Larry "Stelios Stylianou" <stelios.s@synthesis.com.cy> wrote in message news:401a1646@forums-1-dub... > Hi All > I'm using PB703 Build 10213 > > I'd like to know if there is any way I can get the DataType of a column on a > datawindow; > Like Integer, Char(10), etc > ...

Data or Data
I pronounce it "data". HTH I pronounce it dAta and data. Depends upon my mood and the context it's in. Like I preserve dAta, but i lose data. :P Matthew wrote: > I pronounce it dAta and data. Depends upon my mood and the context it's > in. Like I preserve dAta, but i lose data. :P Lt Commander D "ay" ta. Nuff said. In fact he corrected Dr Pulaski when she called him D "ah" ta. D ay ta, d ah ta, what's the difference? One is my name... the other is not. :) <-geek > > Lt Commander D "ay&quo...

Data Data :|
Ok, i have a very simple access database called score with just one table called high. This is just going to be used to keep the current score of a higher scorer and there name However, when the page loads i want the user to see this current high score and the persons name, but just one record i only ever want this to hold one record aswell..When the user finish’s the game there score is currently presented to them, when this happens i would like to connect to the database and check weather there score is higher than the current score (may have changed since they loaded page...

Get datawindow column data type
Hi ! How to get the data type of a datawindow column ? dw_1.describe("comumn_name.type") returns "columns". I'd like to get the type (string, int, double, date, etc.) Thnaks in advance Sorry I found what I looking for (comumn_name.Coltype") "George" <george.nospam@yahoo-nospam.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:419c6d3c$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi ! > > How to get the data type of a datawindow column ? > > dw_1.describe("comumn_name.type") returns "columns". > > I'd like to get th...

changing grid view data column type AFTER a data bind
Hi there! I have a grid view that I bind to a dataset.  In that dataset I have a few columns, 2 of which are integers.  After binding the data I want to go through each row and change the integer field to a string, and change the value from a number to something more meaningful!I thought about adding a new column and filling it in but the columns all get added to the end of the grid view and the 2 columns i want to change are the 2nd and 3rd column in the grid.Any ideas? CheersMike   I think you could use template column and have the data bound control hidden....

Data Set ---- Data Row ( How to retrieve column data in a array )
Question regarding Dataset in ASP.NET ds = DBFunctions.RunSelect("select * from emp where Userid='" & vUserID & "'") If (ds.Tables(0).Rows.Count > 0) Then Dim dr As DataRow = ds.Tables(0).Rows(0)location= dr("location")  -- this statement only gives me the first locaitonMytable userid          location111              AAA111              BBB111         ...

Web resources about - Limit a data on column with decimal data type - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Penny (Irish pre-decimal coin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The penny (1d) ( Irish : pingin ) coin was the third smallest denomination of the pre-decimal Irish pound , worth 1/240 of a pound or 1/12 of ...

Dewey Decimal Classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This highly organized system categorizes books on library shelves in an efficient, specific and repeatable order that makes it easy to find any ...

Decimal Rounding on the App Store on iTunes
Get Decimal Rounding on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Dewey Decimal Tattoo - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Children's librarians represent.

Math of the Day: Sesame Street’s The Count Reads Pi to 10,000 Decimal Places
... has created a true monster out of your favorite Sesame Street vampire, with audio of The Count reading every digit of Pi out 10,000 decimal ...

Paul Harapin heads Decimal Software after VCE ousting
Former VCE Asia-Pacific boss, Paul Harapin, has taken over as CEO of Decimal Software.

Feeling green: the dangers of decimal currency
The curious case of possibly toxic coins, via Austria and a devastatingly original idea for Canberra.

Jobless Rates With Another Decimal
The BLS reported a jobless rate of 8.3% for both January and February. Adding an extra decimal, the unemployment rates would actually be 8.26% ...

JPMorgan Sued by Trader Over $3 Million Decimal Point
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is being sued by a trader who says he accepted a contract from the investment bank because a typographical error made him ...

.Decimal Archive - Houston Gamer
It was only back in August when newly-formed Houston game studio Orb Interactive launched a Kickstarter campaign for “.Decimal”, a sci-fi take ...