Is there a way to determine if a DDDW is down or not?

Is there a way to programmatically determine if a DDDW is down or
not??

Thanks.

Harry
0
Harry

Have you tried examining :

<DW Control Name>.Describe("<Columnname>.DDDW.ShowList")

HTH
--

- Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj

Harry Evangelou wrote in message <3587EBBF.6364F136@gitrac.com>...
>Is there a way to programmatically determine if a DDDW is down or
>not??
>
>Thanks.
>
>Harry

0
Eric
6/17/1998 7:33:24 PM
Hi Eric,

Isn't <DW Control Name>.Describe("<Columnname>.DDDW.ShowList") just a Yes/No
that corresponds to the "Always Show List" checkbox in the Edit tab of the
Column Object properties for the edit style DropDownDW?

Eric Aling [TeamPS] <_NOSPAM_e.aling@cypres.nl> wrote in message
<9PWEy4hm9GA.198@forums.powersoft.com>...
>Hi,
>
>Have you tried examining :
>
><DW Control Name>.Describe("<Columnname>.DDDW.ShowList")
>
>HTH
>--
>
>- Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
>  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj
>
>Harry Evangelou wrote in message <3587EBBF.6364F136@gitrac.com>...
>>Is there a way to programmatically determine if a DDDW is down or
>>not??
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Harry

0
Rick
6/18/1998 11:50:01 AM
Thanks Eric, but that does not seem to do anything other than giving
me always a No (since that is what the property is set on).  I also
found out that the up/down keys do not generate a keydown event.  They
only generate a itemchange event.  Any idea how to trap those keys or
how to determine that the DDDW is down or not??

Thanks.

Harry

Eric Aling [TeamPS] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you tried examining :
>
> <DW Control Name>.Describe("<Columnname>.DDDW.ShowList")
>
> HTH
> --
>
> - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
>   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj
>
> Harry Evangelou wrote in message <3587EBBF.6364F136@gitrac.com>...
> >Is there a way to programmatically determine if a DDDW is down or
> >not??
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Harry
0
Harry
6/18/1998 2:23:30 PM
 > Harry Evangelou wrote in message <3587EBBF.6364F136@gitrac.com>...
 >Is there a way to programmatically determine if a DDDW is down or
 >not??
 >
 >Thanks.
 >
 >Harry

Actions to a DDDW are fired through the pbm_command event.  Since
pbm_command event does not have longparm and wordparm as an argument,we
need to obtain that from the message object

LongParm holds the handle of the DDDW
WordParm holds the actions as event id
     Event                    ActionID from WordParm
     Clicked                  1281
     RowFocusChanged          2048
     RightMouseButtonDown          2314
     Left Button Up           2313
     Retrieve End             769
     MouseMove           2311

Steve Benfield had an excellent topic on this in the PB Conference.
The session was Supercharged Datawindows PM70, U might want to look at the
conference materials from PB website.  You can get more reference from Jan
1995 PBDJ also.

HTH,
Pepa

0
Josef

Is there a way to determine the date my PowerBuilder application was last compiled?
I would like to be able to determine, from within a PB application (using PB 10.5), if the application has been deployed since the last time a user ran it. In other words, is there a way to programmatically determine the date and or timestamp of the last compile? Add this instance variable to an object: DateTime idt_compiled = DateTime(Today(), Now()) The compiled version of the object in the library will contain the datetime the object was compiled. "Libby Engelbret" <lengelbret@npomn.com> wrote in message news:44a00b0d@forums-1-dub... >I would...

powerbuilder 10 build 8075 datawindow dddw bug.
If the datawindow column type is money and has dddw, I get error message "Expression is invalid". If I replace dot with comma in regional settings, I can solve the problem. I am using Turkish Charset. thanks We also get the same error message when we apply a filter that has a dash '-' in the expression (using setFilter()). We went back to 8050. Larry "Murat Yelkovan" <muratyelkovan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:43181629$1@forums-2-dub... > If the datawindow column type is money and has dddw, I get error message > "Expressi...

Error 39: : Is there a way to determine if a row and column exists on a datawindow?
Hi Everyone, We are having an issue whereby, we are receiving a run-time error 39(error accessing external object property). Unfortunately, it is somewhat erratic and not very re-producible. It seems to be only happening with one of our customers. Although, I have seen it once or twice on my development machine. Therefore, I do not suspect environment. But I really don't know. We have some defensive code that logically seems like it should work. This is it: if li_RetVal = 1 and dataobject = 'd_cashreg_bot' and ll_row > 0 and RowCount() > 0 then ldec_p...

Any way to get the parent of a child datawindow in a composite datawindow?
Using PB 8.0.3 9704 on Win2K. I have a DataWindowChild that came from a GetChild() call for a composite datawindow. At runtime, I don't "know" what composite datawindow is the parent of the child datawindow. Any ideas on how to get this information? I tried DataWindowChild.GetParent(). Compiles fine and "Help" says this should work, but all I get is a null object reference. Thanks in advance... Is this a problem with a poorly designed function signature? Succesfull GetChild call could ONLY have been done with having a reference to the datawindow...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

datawindow with DDDW
I'm working with a datawindow, I made one Drop Down DataWindow in it, but I want to refresh it depending on a value inside a field in the main window. Does someone have tips how to do this ? Sander Visser Mansystems Nederland B.V. Hi Sander, Give your dddw a retrieval argument, get the child datawindow (the actual dddw) with the GetChild() method. Then retrieve the child datawindow with an retrieval argument. HTH, Alex Braber PB CPD AQEURO DLM Netherlands Sander Visser <vissers@mansystems.nl> wrote in message news:3a30eaf5.108897165@forums.sybase.com... &...

Focusing DDDW in the datawindow
I have a dddw in a datawindow with a list of types. On the save button clicked event for my window I validate that something has been selected. If nothing has been entered I display a warning message and then attempt to set the focus to the dddw. I have tried setcolumn, setitem, and finally after going the the user group notes tried a yeild() function. None of this is working the way I would like it. The Save button does not release focus. Below is my code at the current state if(isNull(dw_1.object.dis_type[dw_1.GetRow()])) then Messagebox("Validation Error",&q...

Determining validity of a datawindow
I have an application where users can dynamically speciffy their own datawindows for a report. These datawindows have been compiled into a library dll which is added to the library path at runtime. In my code I assign the datawindow they selected to the datawindow using dw_1.dataobject=ls_user_report_datawindow. The problem is I have not found a reliable way to determine whether I have been given a valid datawindow name! I have tried looking at the datawindow SQL and checking that the first word is 'SELECT' or 'EXECUTE' but there must be a better way than this...

PowerBuilder Datawindow Bug
Folks, I just wanted to follow up with the work-arround I did on a PowerBuilder 8.0.3.9704 and SQL Server 2000 (latest patch) bug. The bug lies in the MSS database driver. Basically PowerBuilder truncates any string comprosed entirely of spaces to the empty string as it retrieves from the database to the datawindow. The solution for me was to wrap any candidate column with this scenario with a non-blank string (I used the string '##'), and then after datawindow retrieve, loop through datawindow, and remove the string from each side of the queried columns. Tons of overh...

PowerBuilder down on opening a datawindow.
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i. Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow. Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow painter, PowerBulider gets down. Someone told me that changing default printer might help. But it didn't help. Please help me. Thanks. Several suggestions: First make a backup of the datawindow to another .pbl (you may even want to create a new .pbl just to hold the backup). 1) Try regenerating just the datawindow. 2) Try optimizing your .pbls then a full regeneration (back up all the .pbls first, again just as a ...

Web resources about - Is there a way to determine if a DDDW is down or not? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Five points determine a conic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Euclidean, non-projective geometry , just as two (distinct) points determine a line (a degree-1 plane curve), five points determine a conic ...

How To Determine Whether Your Facebook Customer-Service Efforts Are Effective
Social media analytics provider Crowdbabble added customer support to its mix, launching a new set of social customer service reports that allow ...

How does Facebook determine whether posts from pages are high-quality?
... for Business page on all things News Feed. The newest installment , posted Friday, aims to clarify for page administrators how it determines ...

Twitter Blog: Let your Tweets determine the 2012 Sprite Slam Dunk champi
Twitter Blog Let your Tweets determine the 2012 Sprite Slam Dunk champion 3366100333679041124 Thursday, February 23, 2012 This Saturday, four ...

How does the NYT determine which articles have comments? - Quora
On the The New York Times website, some articles have comment sections, and others don't. It seems like in general higher profile articles have ...

How to determine what Herbs and Spices go best with what dishes - YouTube
Grandma Storn's Herb Wheel is the essential tool for cooking delicious, healthy meals using Herbs and Spices!

Spring, spin and swing: Five factors to determine the 2015 Ashes
Osman Samiuddin cites the state of English pitches and spin effectiveness as among his five factors that will decide the 2015 Ashes series.

Doctors will determine if contract talks are progressing: Davis
Queensland assistant health minister Chris Davis has put his fate in the hands of the state's doctors, saying they are the "ultimate decision ...

App to use 'facial age' to determine health
A new app will use &quot;facial age&quot; images to help doctors identify ageing behaviours in patients.

NFL, San Francisco 49ers, Houston Texans: Jarryd Hayne’s key dates to determine NFL future, starting ...
JARRYD Hayne will take his first competitive snap against NFL opposition this Sunday at 10am (AEST) when the San Francisco 49ers take on the ...