Installation 'Sybase DataWindow PS' printer on W98 doesn't work (so PDF export can't work either)

I have a problem with export DataWindow content to PDF on W98 systems.
(I don't have any problem with PDF export on other systems like as WINNT,
W2K, WXP).

I found out that the problem is in the Sybase DataWindow PS printer. It
looks
like installed but it DOESN'T WORK on W98. When I try print something
on this printer then no PostScript file is created.
So I tried manual installation of it but it occurs an error during manual
installation
(I used description of instalation from Bruce Armstrong). The error said
that
printer driver (PSCRIPT.DLL) can't be loaded.

I used printer driver for PB 9.0.2 7509 with PSCRIPT.DLL version 4.00 (file
version 0.2.0.0)
from 14.2.2003.

It seems that printer driver doesn't work on W98. Do you have any idea how
to solve this problem ?

Thank you
Ludek

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The description of manual instalation of  Sybase DataWindow PS printer from
Bruce Armstrong:
1.   Open up your Printers folder.
2.   Select Add Printer
3.   Hit Next in that dialog.
4.  Select "Local Printer" and hit Next.
5.  For "Use the following port", select "File:" and hit Next.
6.  Hit "Have Disk"
7.  Browse to the \Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers directory and select
the ADIST5.INF file, then hit Open.
8.  Hit OK to close the Install from Disk dialog
9.  Select "Acrobat Distiller" and hit Next.
10.  It may prompt you to keep existing driver, your choice, hit Next.
11.  For Printer Name, enter "Sybase DataWindow PS".  Or you can enter
something else, and then add that printer name to the DataWindow print
specs.  Hit Next.
12.  On printer sharing, hit Next.
13.  Decide whether or not you want a test page, and then hit Next.
14.  Hit Finish.

0
Ludek

That driver may not support Windows 98.  You might try the Adobe
driver (which I recommend instead anyway).

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1500

Note that there is a different version of it that supports Win95/Win98
than the other versions of Windows.

On 21 Nov 2004 02:47:06 -0800, "Ludek Kroufek" <kroufek@seznam.cz>
wrote:

>I have a problem with export DataWindow content to PDF on W98 systems.
>(I don't have any problem with PDF export on other systems like as WINNT,
>W2K, WXP).
>
>I found out that the problem is in the Sybase DataWindow PS printer. It
>looks
>like installed but it DOESN'T WORK on W98. When I try print something
>on this printer then no PostScript file is created.
>So I tried manual installation of it but it occurs an error during manual
>installation
>(I used description of instalation from Bruce Armstrong). The error said
>that
>printer driver (PSCRIPT.DLL) can't be loaded.
>
>I used printer driver for PB 9.0.2 7509 with PSCRIPT.DLL version 4.00 (file
>version 0.2.0.0)
>from 14.2.2003.
>
>It seems that printer driver doesn't work on W98. Do you have any idea how
>to solve this problem ?
>
>Thank you
>Ludek
>

>////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>The description of manual instalation of  Sybase DataWindow PS printer from
>Bruce Armstrong:
>1.   Open up your Printers folder.
>2.   Select Add Printer
>3.   Hit Next in that dialog.
>4.  Select "Local Printer" and hit Next.
>5.  For "Use the following port", select "File:" and hit Next.
>6.  Hit "Have Disk"
>7.  Browse to the \Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers directory and select
>the ADIST5.INF file, then hit Open.
>8.  Hit OK to close the Install from Disk dialog
>9.  Select "Acrobat Distiller" and hit Next.
>10.  It may prompt you to keep existing driver, your choice, hit Next.
>11.  For Printer Name, enter "Sybase DataWindow PS".  Or you can enter
>something else, and then add that printer name to the DataWindow print
>specs.  Hit Next.
>12.  On printer sharing, hit Next.
>13.  Decide whether or not you want a test page, and then hit Next.
>14.  Hit Finish.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

NOTE:

If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
*not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
to them from there.

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce
11/21/2004 2:52:33 PM
It works !

I tried another Adobe driver with PPD file from Sybase DataWindow PS and it
works
perfectly.

Adobe drivers are here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=44&platform=Windo
ws

Ludek Kroufek

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:lra1q0pn9t9ppuu5p6pfqold7fmg9jras7@4ax.com...
> [...]
> >8.  Hit OK to close the Install from Disk dialog
> >9.  Select "Acrobat Distiller" and hit Next.
> >10.  It may prompt you to keep existing driver, your choice, hit Next.
> >11.  For Printer Name, enter "Sybase DataWindow PS".  Or you can enter
> >something else, and then add that printer name to the DataWindow print
> >specs.  Hit Next.
> >12.  On printer sharing, hit Next.
> >13.  Decide whether or not you want a test page, and then hit Next.
> >14.  Hit Finish.
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> TeamSybase blogs:
> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi