Informix database

I have one datawindow retrieved NOT for update on tabpage_1 and another
datawindow retrieved based on search criteria for update on tabpage_2.  Both
of these tabpages are on tab_1 and are retrieving data from the same table.

The problem is that when I retrieve the dw on tabpage_1, then click on
tabpage_2 to retrieve more information on the same records, the rows are not
found.

I have tried to reset the first datawindow upon changing to tabpage_2, but
this was unsuccessful.  I have also reset and re-retrieved the first
datawindow to be blank as to free up these records.  Still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

0
Teresa

Thanks.  I have set the first datawindow to readonly and tried to share but
the first datawindow is retrieved when the window opens and the second is
retrieved via user entered criteria.

Any more suggestions?

Sudhakar wrote in message <359AB6F9.37E0@Yahoo.com>...
>The following maybe of help:
>
>    If your updating the info on the same table then why don't you use
>th e share datawindow concept that would help you on your update. And
>make sure the data on the tabpage_1 is readonly as you want it.
>Good Luck!!
>
>Sudhakar.R.

0
Teresa
7/1/1998 10:04:35 PM

Teresa Murphy wrote:

> I have one datawindow retrieved NOT for update on tabpage_1 and another
> datawindow retrieved based on search criteria for update on tabpage_2.  Both
> of these tabpages are on tab_1 and are retrieving data from the same table.
>
> The problem is that when I retrieve the dw on tabpage_1, then click on
> tabpage_2 to retrieve more information on the same records, the rows are not
> found.
>
> I have tried to reset the first datawindow upon changing to tabpage_2, but
> this was unsuccessful.  I have also reset and re-retrieved the first
> datawindow to be blank as to free up these records.  Still no luck.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thank you.
0
Sudhakar
7/1/1998 10:23:53 PM
>I have one datawindow retrieved NOT for update on tabpage_1 and another
>datawindow retrieved based on search criteria for update on tabpage_2.  Both
>of these tabpages are on tab_1 and are retrieving data from the same table.
>
>The problem is that when I retrieve the dw on tabpage_1, then click on
>tabpage_2 to retrieve more information on the same records, the rows are not
>found.
>
>I have tried to reset the first datawindow upon changing to tabpage_2, but
>this was unsuccessful.  I have also reset and re-retrieved the first
>datawindow to be blank as to free up these records.  Still no luck.

Have you made sure that the select statement is correct?  Also, if no
records are retrieved, what does the database return as the sqlcode?
Does an error occur possibly?

Larry Cermak [Team Powersoft] | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.database
Branick Consulting,Inc.       | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.powerscript
lcermak@branick-inc.com       | www.branick-inc.com (PowerBuilder tips & techniques)
0
lcermak
7/2/1998 5:15:38 AM
Your Welcome!!

    Now, I need to understand if the user entered criteria is applied to
the result set when the window opens. If so, then use filter to show
data what the USER needs to see on tabpage_2. If this works with you and
you want display the data retrieved on tabpage_1 then remove the filter.

I hope I have answered your query.

Sudhakar.R

Teresa Murphy wrote:

> Thanks.  I have set the first datawindow to readonly and tried to share but
> the first datawindow is retrieved when the window opens and the second is
> retrieved via user entered criteria.
>
> Any more suggestions?
>
> Sudhakar wrote in message <359AB6F9.37E0@Yahoo.com>...
> >The following maybe of help:
> >
> >    If your updating the info on the same table then why don't you use
> >th e share datawindow concept that would help you on your update. And
> >make sure the data on the tabpage_1 is readonly as you want it.
> >Good Luck!!
> >
> >Sudhakar.R.

0
Sudhakar
7/2/1998 8:25:30 PM
On Wed, 1 Jul 1998 12:04:28 -0600, "Teresa Murphy"
<isadmins@colorado.net> wrote:

>I have one datawindow retrieved NOT for update on tabpage_1 and another
>datawindow retrieved based on search criteria for update on tabpage_2.  Both
>of these tabpages are on tab_1 and are retrieving data from the same table.
>
>The problem is that when I retrieve the dw on tabpage_1, then click on
>tabpage_2 to retrieve more information on the same records, the rows are not
>found.
>
>I have tried to reset the first datawindow upon changing to tabpage_2, but
>this was unsuccessful.  I have also reset and re-retrieved the first
>datawindow to be blank as to free up these records.  Still no luck.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas?
>
>Thank you.

What is your isolation level?  Are you doing REPEATABLE READs?
Perhaps the rows are locked and are then being skipped?

I've never tried useing that isolation level with DW's so I don't know
what behavior to expect, but if you set repeatable read and set lock
mode to not wait, perhaps....

It is the only thing I can think of that makes sense, you should be
able to have 10 tab pages re-reading the data.  It's still there!

HTH.
Roger Meyers
CPDP
Strategic Software Solutions
San Francisco... (roger@stratsoft.com)
-

0
roger

I use informix database ,I want to know how to get the server time on informix server in powerbuilder
Try to use CURRENT in embedded SQL for select one row, f.e. datetime ldt_cur time lt_cur string ls_time SELECT CURRENT INTO :ldt_cur FROM systables WHERE tabid = 1 ; lt_cur = Time(ldt_cur) // or use ls_time = String(ldt_cur, 'hh:mm:ss') HTH Alex select current date into :ldtDateTime from SomeTable ; ...

two informix server connect to powerbuilder database profile
Please give me some feedback as it is real urgent. Can I connect to 2 informix database but from the different INFORMIXSERVER ? I am using Powerbuilder 5.04 and Informix SetNet32. I got an error when doing so as the INFORMIXSERVER don't allow me connecting to another database from other INFORMIXSERVER. The error message that I got is "cannot connect to database server(server name)..." informix error code -930 --setnet32 enviroment setting(informix server) make default server = domeic_oltcp0 <-- powerbuillder database profile connect O.K another infor...

I cant insert data into a Informix database using DataWindow Painter
I'm using PowerBuilder 5.0 with 5.0.02 bug fix and Informix DataBase. I have a table with two columns, one is a decimal data type and the other one is a Char(30). The first column (that with decimal data type) is the primary key. At the data window Painter when I add a line and try to save changes, I receive an error message: "Changes between retrieve and update". And I can't understand why this kind of error only happens when I'm using Informix with this column (decimal data type) as primary key. When I use other column as primary key, or when I use SQLAnywhere to...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Informix and PowerBuilder again!!
For some strange reason which I don't seem to grasp yet, I can connect to my informix database from my development computer with no hassle, but when I try to connect from my clients computer, the following message appears: SQL Error: -25556 Invalid sqlhosts file format The client computer has all the necessary files (Powerbuilder DDk 6.0, Informix client, and the application). The informix DDK files are copied in the path of the computer. The client computers are running Windows NT 4.0, and the applicationc is being developed in Powerbuilder 6.0 and the informix Database is ver...

datawindow
Hi... I have a question: Let's say I populate a datawindow, and then I make process/modifications to the data in the datawindow... where is the modified data stored? is the datawindow contents in PC memory? or is it stored on some temporary table on my database server? Really my questions are: is the process of the datawindow data isolated from the database? How? In which extent? Is the dw.Retrieve() and dw.Update() the only points where I should care about the underlying database being used? Thanks..! Look through the datawindow programmers guide...it answers b...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Powerbuilder and Informix
Hi, When we are connecting from Powerbuilder 5.0/6.0/6.5 on Win 95 to INFORMIX 7.1 or 7.3 on SCO-UNIX, and trying to update a date field from dw painter, we are getting "Invalid month in date format". We are using the "dd/mm/yyyy" format in edit mask of the field in the dw and "dd/mm/yyyy" in Control Panel settings in Win 95 and DMY4/ in DBDATE for Setnet32. We can update using "dd/mm/yyyy" format from the DBAdmin painter thoogh. Can u please suggest what can be going wrong. The dw update works fine on SCUNIX Informix 5.1. Any help w...

connectivity problems from PB to informix database using informix client SDK
Hello, I have installed informix client sdk version 2.81. I tested thru the informix i login demo and I am able to connect. I tried to set my db profile thru powerbuilder. I select db profile menuoption from powerbuilder. WE I got the list of all the databases type available, I selected IN9-informix-v9 and then selected new. I get the following error message box "The procedure entry point InfxRegsqlHostsEx2 could not be located in the dynamic library iregt07b.dll". If anyone can hep me with this problem , I will be grateful. Thanks This might be caused if the ...

Is PowerBuilder 10.0 support Informix 9.4 or Informix 10.0 version
1. nirav_nc@yahoo.com Jan 24, 12:58 pm show options Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.general From: "nirav...@yahoo.com" <nirav...@yahoo.com> - Find messages by this author Date: 24 Jan 2006 09:58:13 -0800 Local: Tues, Jan 24 2006 12:58 pm Subject: Is PowerBuilder 10.0 support Informix 9.4 or Informix 10.0 version Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse I read PowerBuilder 10.0 release note. It says that "PowerBuilder 10 supports the following versions of Informix: 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, and ...

Web resources about - Informix database - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.