Individual expand a treeview DW

Using Win7, PB11.5 2506

Hello,

I have a treeview datawindow with 4 levels. The User can expand and collapse
like he wants to.

For printing the datawindow I do a sharedata to a print treeview datawindow
(only the design differs).

In the print dw all groups are expanded to the default expand level of the
primary datawindow.

It seems to me that the expand states isnt' part of the sharing.

So how can I set the same expand state for the print dw as in the primary
datawindow.

I know there is a IsExpanded() function - but should I call the function for
each row and level? I'm sure there
is a better solution.

Thank you for help
Martin

0
Martin

Hi Martin;

  The ShareData () only shares the data buffer not the state. However, all
you need to do is use the ExpandAll ( ) method on the print DWO before
printing it.

HTH

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Martin"  wrote in message news:4d0f47ff$1@forums-1-dub...

Using Win7, PB11.5 2506

Hello,

I have a treeview datawindow with 4 levels. The User can expand and collapse
like he wants to.

For printing the datawindow I do a sharedata to a print treeview datawindow
(only the design differs).

In the print dw all groups are expanded to the default expand level of the
primary datawindow.

It seems to me that the expand states isnt' part of the sharing.

So how can I set the same expand state for the print dw as in the primary
datawindow.

I know there is a IsExpanded() function - but should I call the function for
each row and level? I'm sure there
is a better solution.

Thank you for help
Martin

0
Chris
12/20/2010 2:35:40 PM
Thanks for reply, but I don't want to expand all groups, but only the rows
that the user before expanded by clicking!

"Chris Pollach"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4d0f69bc$1@forums-1-dub...

[...]

12/20/2010 3:12:09 PM
Ahhh... OK, then you will have to loop through the primary DW's buffer and
test each row using the IsExpanded ( ) method and then apply the same
expansion to the secondary DWO using the Expand ( ) method. Laborious, but
that is the only way I know of doing it.

"Martin"  wrote in message news:4d0f7249$1@forums-1-dub...

[...]

treeview and datawindow treeview
hi, i have a n-level tree in which every node can have any number of childs up to any level. this type of tree can be represented using treeview control and i did it but i want to represent it with treeview datawindow.i tried to do it but not sucessful. please help me out. regards, Sherry Hi Sherry, I dont think it can be done. I tried the same thing and think you are restricted to just 2 levels. I would love to know how to do it also,. > hi, > > i have a n-level tree in which every node can have any > number of childs up to any level. this type of tree can ...

Treeview in Treeview dont expand parent Treeview
Hello,i have a little Problem but i dont know how to solve it...i use a componentArt Treeview inside that treeview i nested asp.net content like textboxes, labels and buttons. It also contains a customized Treeview, with a context Menu.The problem is that the parent ComponentArt Treeview  always collapse/expand when i klick on a node of my customized treeview or when i use a button inside the treeview node... Does anybody know how to supress the collapse and expand of the treeview when a control inside the node is klicked???  Thank u alot! ...

Treeview Datawindow not expanded after re-retrieve
Migrating a 10.5.2 app to 11.5.1. There's a treeview datawindow that shows database sessions that refreshes periodically (~15s). In PB 10.5.2, any expanded treeview leaf would remain expanded on re-retrieval of the datawindow. In 11.5.1, this appears to have stopped working. On re-retrieval, all expanded treeview leafs reset to the default expansion level. Is there any workaround for this to get functionality back to the way it was in 10.5.2? Thanks, Chris The problem is a little different from what I explained below. In the datawindows "RetrieveStart()&quo...

Datawindow Treeview Expand issue!! Please Help!!
Hi I have an issue expanding the new PB 10.5 datawindow tree view control of that particular group. I am using expand method but, it's expecting a row and grouplevel. When I provide this information, it is returning -5 as invalid arguments. Anyone know how to get grouplevel on treeview datawindows. Thanks ...

dw = dw
Hi there, I'm wondering - what is the standard way to assign one datawindow control to another (if it's even at all possible). I've not been able to do it so, what I've been doing is rowscopy or rowsmove. Is there a way to do this or, am I on track already? thanks GetFullState / SetFullState ? Will ShareData suit your needs? <William_Shiers> wrote in message news:4D1A81A5FB8F5B00007B53EF85256B7D.007B540585256B7D@webforums... > Hi there, > > I'm wondering - what is the standard way to assign one datawindow control > to another (if...

How I can retreive treeview datawindow again with same expand mode
Hi all, I retrieved a tree view datawindow and expanded one level. Also I updated the same datasource from another screen. So I need to retreive the same datawindow again to see that changes. How I can retrive the datawindow again with the same expand mode as before Please advice any solution. With thanks Polachan You can use DataWindow Expand() in the RetrieveEnd event to display the same expand mode To do this you need to capture previous expanded row and level. <polachan> wrote in message news:4b9f94aa.27ea.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi all, > > I retri...

Treeview-DW get collapsed and expanded nodes
Hi, is there a way to get information about the state of a node ( collapsed or expanded ). I need this info to let the user save this settings for future visitings. regards Benjamin -- kemnerAT_NOSPAMsf-datentechnikDOTde Hi, sorry. My version is PB11 Build 6525. regards Benjamin Benjamin Kemner schrieb: > Hi, > > is there a way to get information about the state of a node ( collapsed > or expanded ). I need this info to let the user save this settings for > future visitings. > > regards > > Benjamin > -- kemne...

Treeview datawindow as part of composite datawindow
Hi I have a question about a Treeview datawindow in a composite datawindow. I created a treeview datawindow with 2 levels, but I have set my default expand level = 1. Running this datawindow on it's own, the user can expand the treeview to level 2. However, as soon as this datawindow becomes part of a composite datawindow, I cannot interact with it at all to expand my levels. Is this normal behaviour in a composite datawindow, or is there a way to expand the levels. I am developing in Powerbuilder 12.Net Thank you in advance, Annelize Composite datawindows are ...

Treeview style Datawindow as DropDown DW and dynamic filtering (Hiding detail via DetailHight = 0)
Hello all, I finally managed to switch from PB8 to 10.5.2. The treeview style datawindow seems to be a nice feature, even als dropdown, but is there a way to hide the parent items of rows, which got the hight of 0 while filtering a DDDW dynamically? Thats, not only the detail rows could be a target for filtering, but also parent levels within a multilevel treeview style dw. Andreas ...

Treeview not displaying correct Expand, Collapse and No Expand images
Hope some one is familiar with this - I am using the treeview control and populating it from a database using the code sample from http://aspalliance.com/732Now i have modified it a bit as my DB is a little different but logic is still the same - the issue is is that the Tree is just not displaying any of the images : this is my treeview code:<asp:TreeView ID="TreeView1" ExpandDepth="3" PopulateNodesFromClient="true" ShowLines="true" ShowExpandCollapse="true" runat="server" OnTreeNodePopulate="TreeView1_TreeNodePopulate"...

TreeView or DataWindow
How do I get the type of a field of a db or a treeview item? For example if i use GetItemString the return value is a string but i have to get the type such as String! or similar. I need of a function that should be named GetType(row,column) that return the data type. Thanks for help! Hi, .... choose case dw_1.Describe("column.ColType") case .... case .... end choose .... should be enough Bye, Damir <DW Control Name>.Describe("<Columnname>.Coltype") Massimo_M wrote: > How do I get the type of a field of a db or a treeview item? Fo...

TreeView DataWindow
Hi... Is possible create aditional levels into a TreeView DataWindow dinamically? Thanks!!! Juan Herrera | Sybase Venezuela It should work as a new group, so try adding a group... JMR > Hi... > > Is possible create aditional levels into a TreeView > DataWindow dinamically? > > Thanks!!! > > Juan Herrera | Sybase Venezuela ...

Treeview datawindow.....
Hello All. I know that the treeview datawindow is coming in 10.5, but in the mean time.... has anyone built some sort of control to simulate this ? ie. you click on a treeview item and it opens up the item to show a grid style datawindow below ? Thanks in advance. Isn't the idea of the treeview datawindow to emulate the treeview? What does "click on a treeview item and it opens up the item to show a grid style datawindow below" have to do with treeview emulation? Anyhow there is a treeview emulation thru datawindow that comes with PB Examples since at least v...

Treeview not expanding
I love Vista, I love Office 2007, I love ASP and .Net.   I have an app using a single master page and multiple contentpages from it. My app has a menu in the left side loading from a standard sitemap and it loads contentpages in the right side. All my pages work fine except a single one which has a gridview. On this page, the treeview won't expand. It works fine on all the others. I have to click on one of the sitemap links (not the expand/contract graphics) which redirects to another page (where the menu expands okay) as a work around. Is there a fix I can be pointed to or a th...

Web resources about - Individual expand a treeview DW - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Gymnastics at the 2012 Summer Olympics – Women's artistic individual all-around - Wikipedia, the free ...
... go through to the Team final, where three team members compete on each apparatus. Teams are ranked on their total score. The best 24 individual ...

Problem gambling's curse strengthens its hold on individuals and the nation
Matt Torcasio is proof that there is hope for the millions of Australians affected by problem gambling.

Loneliness grows from individual ache to public health hazard: US researchers
It torments the young and terrorises the old. Loneliness, long a bane of humanity, is increasingly seen today as a serious public health hazard. ...

A new Magzter update puts the emphasis on individual articles
... read. To start, the app will ask users exactly what they want to read about. You can select from a number of different interests to view individual ...

"White Americans, their activities and ideas seem always to stem from a font of principled and committed ...
"As such, group suspicion and presumed guilt are readily perceived and described as unjust, unreasonable and unethical," writes Janell Ross, ...

AG Lynch Explains Obama’s Gun-Control: Gov’t Looking For ‘Individuals Who Seek To Avoid Registering’
AG Lynch Explains Obama's Gun-Control: Gov't Looking For 'Individuals Who Seek To Avoid Registering'

Curry on individual awards: 'Beauty of basketball is it's a team sport'
... Search form Search 42° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Curry on individual ...

Michael Caine Judges Actors By Individual Merit, Which Is Somehow Racist
It’s 2016. Isn’t it about time a black person won an Academy Award? Well, okay, black people have won Academy Awards.* But shouldn’t black people ...

Open thread for night owls: DOJ prosecutes individuals at 7 times the rate it does corporations
... to Justice Department data compiled by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University While criminal referrals of individuals ...

DARPA wants help hunting for individual photons
America's mad science division wants the ability to see the building blocks of light, but needs the scientific community's help to do so. The ...