IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid

Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when
we set columnwidths to '0'..

ICE

0
ICE

I've not seen that.  What version of PB are you using?  What platform?

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote:
>Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when
>we set columnwidths to '0'..
>

>ICE

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com

Preach the gospel at all times.  If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org

NOTE:  Please do NOT attempt to post to these newsgroups through news services
such as Google, as your messages will NOT appear on the server.  Google is great
for searching, but if you want to use a web based newsreader to post, use the
one at my.sybase.com or
www.pfcguide.com.
0
Bruce
8/30/2002 6:07:58 AM
Win2k

Pb8.02 (this is not a new problem)

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
schreef in bericht news:cAn8Wu#TCHA.258@forums.sybase.com...
> I've not seen that.  What version of PB are you using?  What platform?
>
> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
> ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote:
> >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear
when
> >we set columnwidths to '0'..
> >

> >ICE
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times.  If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org
>
> NOTE:  Please do NOT attempt to post to these newsgroups through news
services
> such as Google, as your messages will NOT appear on the server.  Google is
great
> for searching, but if you want to use a web based newsreader to post, use
the
> one at my.sybase.com or
> www.pfcguide.com.

0
ICE

Grid Datawindow Column Headers lost when visible set=0 then set = 1 in PB 7.0.3
Is there a fix or a way around the reported problem of the Column Headers being blank in a datawindow Grid when you set the column Visible property from 0 to 1. I have an application that allows a customer to create Views/Profiles by selecting which columns in the datawindow they wish to see/edit. All non-selected columns have the visible property set to 0. When you change from one datawindow view/profile to another one that has a column that was not visible in the previous view, the column header is blank ( even though the visible property was changed to 1 ). This is a reported problem...

Column width of grid datawindows
I have created code which changes the width of a column to match the longest text in the column. I have a problem where the x coordinate of the next column doesn't automatically change so there is a blank area in between them. Adding insult to injury, the X property doesn't allow expressions. Does anyone have any ideas on what might work? Thanks, Roland Hi Roland. I was basing the width on the header string width but the idea is the same, should work for you (uses PFC though) : /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Ob...

want to set fixed Grid view width and text column should be displayed within the column
 Hi friends,               I have grid view in my aspx page which gets the data from sql and display same as like in that, But i want to display the whole grid view to be displayed with the fixed width ,Hence i changed the autogenerate column to "FALSE"  and set my own header text....my grid view displayed in the below format...---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|    id        |  header1    &nbs...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

in a grid how to find a particular column is bound column or template column
hi,  Any one know how to find a particular column is bound column or template column or button column,etc in a grid Advance thanks   hi...use this dim label1 as Label=ctype(GridView1.FindControl("name"),Label) Hope This HelpsBhaaratRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps UMy Blog find a particular column is bound column or template column no to find that particular column  Hi,please excuse me if iam wrong.i found that bount columns values are directly renders to a <td>  where template columns create some cont...

resizing the computed column width in a grid datawindow
How can i resize the width of a computed column to the length of the text in the column to display the entire text. You'll have to use a set of API to determine actual number of PBU needed to display a full text using current font settings. There's no way to do that in native PB code. I can give you code example if needed. "Sukhvinder Singh" <sukhvinder@defactoinfotech.com> wrote in message news:435f10bc@forums-1-dub... > How can i resize the width of a computed column to the length of the text > in the column to display the entire text. > ...

Column moves to end in grid datawindow PB8
Hi everyone, I have a grid datawindow and have made the first column (which happens to be the unique key that is auto-populated) not visible and I use a picture rowfocusindicator over it. So it acts as a placeholder really to force the first visible column to appear to the right of the rowfocusindicator. Well, I have discovered in PB8 that when I save the datawindow, PB moves the invisible column to the end of the detail band. This was not the behavior in PB7. How can I force this column to stay where I have intended? I have "column moving" unchecked. Thank...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

Setting the Value of a Column in a Grid-Datawindow with a Checkbox Editstyle
Hello, given is a gridstyle datawindow with a column of checkbox editstyle. The value of the checkbox is changed even if I click somewhere into this column, not only into the checkbox square. Is there a possibility to restrict the change of value only to a click into the checkbox square? Andreas The problem is that the label is considered part of the checkbox. Generally, if you don't want the label to be 'clickable' you don't use a label but use a static text field instead. On 18 Jul 2007 03:19:01 -0700, Andreas Holz <aswood@t-online.de> wrote: ...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

resize
In previous versions of PB there was the ability in a grid data window to resize a column. Also there was the ability to hide a column by keeping the mouse clicked and pass to other column but now in order to hide a column you must keep the mouse clicked and go exactly to the begin of the column which is very difficult. If you keep the mouse clicked and pass to the previous column the column does not resize =96 hide. I was able to do this in previous versions of PB. My current version is 9.0.1 build 7204. Please give me an answer if this is a bug and if your planning to fix it. ...

How can I AutoResize the width of a column in a grid datawindow at run time
When i have a grid datawindow at run time i wand to autosize the column width according to the max real size of the column. For example, the field city is varchar(50) or char(50) but the maximun real size of the field is char(6) because the maximun string in this field is "Athens". So, can I fix the column city to have width for six char which is the real maximun size of all the values in the column instead of char(50) at run time. thanks in advance Hi, a simple methode and low ressource, use a proportional font for example Courier. All lettre as the same Width. ...

PB8.0.3.9704 Grid datawindow column visibility
Anyone having a problem with turning grid columns invisible and then back to visible in PB8.0.3.9704? Once you do this you lose the column headings and the 'divider' line between the columns is gone as well. This has been busted in all versions of PB8 (despite what Sybase support may claim). ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp This has been discussed here already. Turn the visibility of header objects back on. Turning the header visibility back on does not fix this issue. You still have the problem with...

How to trap changing column order or column width in grid dw
I'm using PB 5.0.04 I am looking for a way to trap when a column of a grid datawindow is resized or it is moved to a diferent position. Can anyone help? Thanks, Robert Regnell Try using the wm_capturechanged message. I don't believe that PB has an event mapped to it, so you will probably have to add code to the other event and check for the associated message number (533). On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:33:43 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Robert Regnell <rpr@techassist.com> wrote: >I'm using PB 5.0.04 > >I am looking for a w...

Web resources about - IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo