I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)

dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1)
dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2)
dc1 has a argument (arg1)
dc2 has a argument (arg2)
Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master.
When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I
print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't
display but dc1 normal!
  Why??
Thanks for your help!

0
spark

I'm having trouble understanding your question.  Is this a composite or nested
datawindow?

On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
spark <fenfei79@hotmail.com> wrote:
>dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1)
>dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2)
>dc1 has a argument (arg1)
>dc2 has a argument (arg2)
>Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master.
>When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I
>print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't
>display but dc1 normal!
>  Why??
>Thanks for your help!

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com
http://www.needhim.org

-1
Bruce
5/7/2002 4:57:28 PM
nested datawindow

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:AEOUFhe9BHA.195@forums.sybase.com...
> I'm having trouble understanding your question.  Is this a composite or
nested
> datawindow?
>
> On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
> spark <fenfei79@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1)
> >dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2)
> >dc1 has a argument (arg1)
> >dc2 has a argument (arg2)
> >Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master.
> >When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when
> >print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't
> >display but dc1 normal!
> >  Why??
> >Thanks for your help!
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
> http://www.needhim.org

spark
5/11/2002 12:01:34 PM
What is this stuff:

     dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1)

Is that actually something you are calling?

On Sat, 11 May 2002 20:01:34 +0800,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
spark <fenfei79@hotmail.com> wrote:
>nested datawindow
>
>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
>wrote in message news:AEOUFhe9BHA.195@forums.sybase.com...
>> I'm having trouble understanding your question.  Is this a composite or
>nested
>> datawindow?
>>
>> On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
>> spark <fenfei79@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1)
>> >dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2)
>> >dc1 has a argument (arg1)
>> >dc2 has a argument (arg2)
>> >Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master.
>> >When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when
>> >print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't
>> >display but dc1 normal!
>> >  Why??
>> >Thanks for your help!
>> >

>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>> http://www.needhim.org
>>
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce

Datawindows with child datawindows

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Child datawindows (Nested DataWindows)
Hello all...I was wondering... I have used Child Datawindows for quite some time under PB9.03. These are invaluable when a user is in the Parent DataWindow and must choose a value from a list of choices provided by the Child DataWindow. The kind of Child DataWindow I am talking about is a DropDownDataWindow (DDDW). This is the only kind I have ever used. I was simply wondering whether there are more kinds of Child DataWindows other than the DDDW? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:) The next most popular use is of child DWs within Composite Presentation Style parents. Nested ...

Printing two datawindows on one page
Hi there! Is there any solution for printing two small datawindows one one page ? I assume that the size of datawindows is small enough. Yes. Composite DW were created to meet this issue. On 9 Oct 2003 03:54:03 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Paul B <Pawel.Bodnar@atena.pl> wrote: >Hi there! > >Is there any solution for printing two small datawindows one one page ? > >I assume that the size of datawindows is small enough. Olivier Citeau from Paris, France Thanks, I've tried this. Unfortunettly in my case I have to create ...

Printing two datawindows on one page?
Greeting, We have two datawindows reports on a tab page, when using pfc_print(or pfc_printimmediate) to print out the datawindows, they will come out on two sheets of paper. We have tried another way to combine the two datawindows as one printing job, with the sharing header page, they will still be printed on different pages. Our customers would like to have the two datawindows printed on the same sheet of paper, is there anyone could extend some tips on this? We are using PB 5.04 on NT 4.0 Oh, if you also could E-mail to my address, and I will re-post it. TIA ...

How can I print two datawindows in one page?
Hello everyone, I have two datawindows, I want to print them in one page, how can do? thanks. Put them into a composite datawindow and print that. -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "David" <todavidcn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:xcghDma8BHA.141@forums.sybase.com... > Hello everyone, > > I have two datawindows, I want to print them in one page, how can do? > > thanks. > > use print function, print the reports in one same print job. e.g long ll_job ...

Printing two datawindows controls in one page
Hi guys! Does anybody knows how can i print two datawindows in differents dw controls in one page?? Thanks a lot. Diego wrote: > > Hi guys! > > Does anybody knows how can i print two datawindows in differents dw > controls in one page?? > > Thanks a lot. You can print a (hidden) composite DW that is composed of the two DW's on the entry window. The trick is to a) possibly do a kludge here (see note below), b) share the DW's on your current window with the two DW's on the composite DW, c) print the composite DW. Note about (a): ...

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

printing in two different printer for two different datawindows but from one screen
Hi all Our cilent has asked for facitly from a perticular screen that the two different report sholud be printed on two different printer from two different datawindows when a form is filled. First of all is it possible. and if possible pl reply. i tried to go by <DW Control Name>.Object.DataWindow.Printer but later after studying help file i come to know that this function is descibe onle i.e modify function can not be appled. Reagards Trilok Rawat Yes, it is very much possible....go to www.powerwhizz.com for printer utility. On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 04:37:...

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Web resources about - I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2) - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow