How we can change control from one column to specific column in datawindow

How we can change control from one column to specific column in datawindow
programatically.
Let's suppoose there are three column in datawindow
1: Name
2: address
3: Phone

when we open the window, Tab or Cursor  is on column 1 (Name) now i have one
button ...i want to write code in that
button...when i click that button control or tab or cursor  goto the phone
column. Please somebody tell me how i can do this...

thanks
noaman mughal

0
Noaman

SetColumn.

--
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org
"Noaman Mughal" <nomi_mughal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How we can change control from one column to specific column in datawindow
> programatically.
> Let's suppoose there are three column in datawindow
> 1: Name
> 2: address
> 3: Phone
>
> when we open the window, Tab or Cursor  is on column 1 (Name) now i have
one
> button ...i want to write code in that
> button...when i click that button control or tab or cursor  goto the phone
> column. Please somebody tell me how i can do this...
>
> thanks
> noaman mughal

0
Bruce
6/16/2003 10:46:58 PM
thank you for responding ...
In setColumn we have to give row number , column name and value but i just
want to tranfer control
to specific column without  changing its current value ...i don't want to
use row number because where i want to use, there i don't know the row
number. Row number will generate dynamically depend  on the values  in
database...i am using datawindowchild columns

thanks,
Noaman Mughal
"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:uKNp6oFNDHA.364@forums-2-dub...
> SetColumn.
>
> --
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org
> "Noaman Mughal" <nomi_mughal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > How we can change control from one column to specific column in
datawindow
> > programatically.
> > Let's suppoose there are three column in datawindow
> > 1: Name
> > 2: address
> > 3: Phone
> >
> > when we open the window, Tab or Cursor  is on column 1 (Name) now i have
> one
> > button ...i want to write code in that
> > button...when i click that button control or tab or cursor  goto the
phone
> > column. Please somebody tell me how i can do this...
> >
> > thanks
> > noaman mughal

0
Noaman
6/16/2003 11:07:56 PM
You're looking at the wrong SetColumn method.  The one for the DataWindow
takes only the column number or name.

--

> thank you for responding ...
> In setColumn we have to give row number , column name and value but i just
> want to tranfer control
> to specific column without  changing its current value ...i don't want to
> use row number because where i want to use, there i don't know the row
> number. Row number will generate dynamically depend  on the values  in
> database...i am using datawindowchild columns
>
> thanks,
> Noaman Mughal
> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> wrote in message news:uKNp6oFNDHA.364@forums-2-dub...
> > SetColumn.
> >
> > --
> > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> > http://www.teamsybase.com
> >
> > Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> > http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
> >
> > Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> > http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
> >
> > Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
> Assisi
> > http://www.needhim.org
> > "Noaman Mughal" <nomi_mughal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > How we can change control from one column to specific column in
> datawindow
> > > programatically.
> > > Let's suppoose there are three column in datawindow
> > > 1: Name
> > > 2: address
> > > 3: Phone
> > >
> > > when we open the window, Tab or Cursor  is on column 1 (Name) now i
have
> > one
> > > button ...i want to write code in that
> > > button...when i click that button control or tab or cursor  goto the
> phone
> > > column. Please somebody tell me how i can do this...
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > noaman mughal

0
Bruce
6/16/2003 11:40:52 PM
I got it..thank you very much
wrote in message news:evLMAHGNDHA.279@forums-2-dub...
> You're looking at the wrong SetColumn method.  The one for the DataWindow
> takes only the column number or name.
>
> --
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org
> "Noaman Mughal" <nomi_mughal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > thank you for responding ...
> > In setColumn we have to give row number , column name and value but i
just
> > want to tranfer control
> > to specific column without  changing its current value ...i don't want
> > use row number because where i want to use, there i don't know the row
> > number. Row number will generate dynamically depend  on the values  in
> > database...i am using datawindowchild columns
> >
> > thanks,
> > Noaman Mughal
> > "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]"
<NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> > wrote in message news:uKNp6oFNDHA.364@forums-2-dub...
> > > SetColumn.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> > > http://www.teamsybase.com
> > >
> > > Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> > > http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
> > >
> > > Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> > > http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
> > >
> > > Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
> > Assisi
> > > http://www.needhim.org
> > > "Noaman Mughal" <nomi_mughal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > datawindow

> have
> > > one
> > phone

0
Noaman
6/17/2003 2:24:06 PM
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:40:52 -0700, Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote:

> You're looking at the wrong SetColumn method.  The one for the DataWindow
> takes only the column number or name.

Just use SetColumn("column name")
--
Manish
0

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

How can I get the column name of a datawindow column?
I want to get the column name in tablename.columnname format. I have tried to get it using dbname property. However, I found that it work only if the tables in the datawindow are inner join. If the tables in the datawindow are outer join, the dbname only return the columnname and the tablename is missed. Do you have any idea? Charles You could add the name to the select clause or to the tag property. Or you caould check to see if it is a join or not (by seeing if there is a '.' in the column name) if not then get the sql select statment and parse to find the table...

changing column specification in datawindow
Hi I am using the Datawindow .NET designer (version 1.5 beta2). I am displaying a retrieval argument in a column (performed by making the retrieval argument a datawindow computed column). The datawindow designer has set the column specification for the column to char(1). Is there a way to make this larger, eg: char(30)? In my PB days, we would export, edit and import the DW. Should I be doing that here? That would work, or right click on the datawindow, choose edit source, change the 1 to 30 and save. "JC" <dwnoob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:429e...

How I can change the background colour of columns in a datawindow when focus changes
I have columns in a datawindow.I want to know ,during data entry, how I can change the background colour of column when the focus is in a particular column and how I can change to column actual colour when focus change from that column.Once the datawindow is saved Iam making all the columns grey. Thanks CID ...

changing the color of a column on a datawindow control
Trying to change the color of a column to red, but I get: Error accessing external object property premium_differnce long ll_newrow decimal premium_old, premium_new, premium_difference ll_newrow = idw.InsertRow(0) ll_start = 1 premium_old = dec(luo_xml.of_get_element(ls_old_rating_result, "premium")) premium_new = dec(luo_xml.of_get_element(ls_new_rating_result, "premium")) premium_difference = premium_old - premium_new if premium_difference <> 0 then idw.object.premium_difference[ll_newrow].color = 255 end if Dot notation (or Modify) changes the pro...

Changing column specifications in external datawindow cannot be saved
I've tried several times to changed the length or number of decimal of a column in a external datawindow, the value is accepted and seems to be saved, but when I re-open the window, the values are back to the old one's. One workaround is to export, manually change the window and import, but that takes a lot of work and time. Deleting the column and creating it again, does not help. Any ideas? Thanks Other unanswerd problems.... 1) Spin control on a datecolumn does not work when the date is not selected AND the cursor is positioned at the end of the datecolumn 2) Dr...

How can i put more computed fields in one datawindow of the same column
I want to put several cumputed fields on one datawindow, the computed fields must use the same column, how can i do that? Hans The same way you added the first. Just because cc_A references column1 doesn't mean cc_B can't reference it too. "Hans" <hans@opschool.nl> wrote in message news:s$PxcEpACHA.242@forums.sybase.com... > I want to put several cumputed fields on one datawindow, the computed fields > must use the same column, how can i do that? > Hans > > ...

Changing column specifications in external datawindow cannot be saved #2
I've tried several times to change the length or number of decimal of a column in a external datawindow, the value is accepted and seems to be saved, but when I re-open the window, the values are back to the old one's. One workaround is to export, manually change the window and import, but that takes a lot of work and time. Deleting the column and creating it again, does not help. Any ideas? What is the data source that you are using to initially populate the external source dw? If it's the "Data" section of the datawindow object definition, then what you d...

How can I set Background Color Of Datawindow Column For a Specific Row ?
Respected Friends, Using following code I can change datawindow background colour of a column. Datawindowcontrol.Object.column.Background.Color = RGB(255,128,0) But this will change colour of whole column. I want to change colour of this column , for certain specific ROWS depending on Runtime condition, and not all Rows. Can somebody give me a clue. Milind Vartak You can code it in the Font/Background color of the column. Ex: if(myCol = 1, rgb(255,255,255)...

Changing DataWindows to match changed columns in Database
All, I have 3 columns in my Database that are being changed from integer to numeric(6,1) . I want to change all occurrences of these columns in Datawindows to the new datatype. I tried DWEAS but it did nothing. I am running PB 6.0 under Win NT 3.51. Is there a patch for DWEAS under NT ? Thank You, Rob Rambusch B4arnaclesNOSPAM@aol.com ...

datawindow column changes...
I have a datawindow with a cloumn displayed as a checkbox. Now there's a table with reasons why someone showed or did not show up. From this table a made two datasources, one with the reasons a person showed up, and one with the reasons they didn't show up. When the checkbox is checked the user can select in the next column (dddw) why the person showd up. if the checkbox is not checked the next column has the dddw with a datasource with the reasons a person did not show up. Now if i filled in a few persons en later on i open the datawindow again to change things, if i unche...

Datawindow Column Change
Hi, I am setting a value inside a column (not TYPING) using SETITEM. Is there any event on the datawindow which gets fired after the value is set on the column thanks, no. ItemChanged fires to let the program know the user changed the data. If you coded a SetItem, the program already knows the data was changed. Best practice is to put the code that needs to run after a data change in a function or user event and fire it both from the ItemChanged event and after the SetItem. Philip_Salgannik wrote in message <18289E1E7FFEB774006A759885256B97.00699E5D85256B97@w...

Column Change in Datawindow
If the length of a column in a database is changed, it is required that you drop the column and then add it again. Or you can export the datawindow, change the length of the column to the new length and then import it. My question is: when the length changes, let's say from varchar 60 to varchar 80, will the original length of 60 be displayed in the properties of the column (I have noticed this, but I am not sure if it happens by default)? I ask because our client recently informed us of a description that exceeds 60 and we have made the db change to reflect 80. Unfortunate...

Changing Datawindow columns
Hi, Someone knows how to change the column�s name of datawindow dynamicaly? Thanks in advance Paulo, What would be the purpose of this? Austin "Paulo Eduardo Ostermann Filho" <peoft@terra.com.br> wrote in message news:3f37cc8a@forums-2-dub... > Hi, Someone knows how to change the column�s name of datawindow dynamicaly? > > Thanks in advance > > I doubt there is a way to do this directly. More than likely, you will need to destroy the existing object and add it back (do not forget to save the attributes of the destroyed column). ...

Web resources about - How we can change control from one column to specific column in datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo