How to stop the last detail row to print on next page together with the group trailer and summary even the second last page has lot's of space for the last row but not for the summary...

Hi,

Can anyone please help me on this :

My reports have quite a lot in the group trailers and summary, so that the
last detail row will print on the last page with the trailers and summary
even though the second last page has a lot of spaces for the detail, but
just not enough for the trailers and summary.

Therefore it looks very odd that there are lots of space in the second last
page, and clients thought the report is finished while the last detail row
is printed on the every end page.

How can I force the report to fill up the second last page before printing
the last page?

Thanks a lot in advance, this is very important to our reports.

Regards,
David.

0
david

last detail row will print on the last page with the trailers and summary even though the second last page has a lot of spaces for the detail
Hi, Can anyone please help me on this : My reports have quite a lot in the group trailers and summary, so that the last detail row will print on the last page with the trailers and summary even though the second last page has a lot of spaces for the detail, but just not enough for the trailers and summary. Therefore it looks very odd that there are lots of space in the second last page, and clients thought the report is finished while the last detail row is printed on the every end page. How can I force the report to fill up the second last page before printing the las...

Last row of the group printed on new page leaving lot of space
Hi I use PB703 Build 10213 I have a report with a group, where the "NewPage On Group Break" property is enabled! In the trailer of the group I have many text objects that force the trailer to have big height! When I retrieve the report, the last row of the group is printed on a new page together with the trailer, leaving a lot of empty space on the previous page. (I guess that it is trying to print the last row of the group with the trailer on the same page. Since this doesn't fit, it moves to the next page, instead of printing the row, then print the trailer on the s...

How to add a new row showing textboxes at the last row of the last page??
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. Hi, when I'm on the first page of the datagrid and want to add the new row in the datagrid, how can I show texboxes at the last row on the last page of the datagrid? If I click Add button when I'm not in the last page, then if I go to the last page, the new row is added but it's not in a textbox and I need to click Edit to show textboxes and update... If I'm on the last page and click Add button, it adds a new row and shows textboxes at the last row automatically. so the problem is when I'...

First Row, Next Row, Prior Row, Last Row
I have a SQL Anywhere 7.0 Database, have a table Product_detail which contains Column Name Datatype width Null Default batch_id char(10) No None prod_id Integer No None employee_id Integer No None quantity Integer No None price Numeric (14, 2) No None Its primary key is batch_id I have a Freeform Datawindow with this table I want to provide the first row, next row, prior row and last row Ho...

Moving dw's summary info at the footer of the last page
Hi , is there any way I can have my summary detail band printed at the footer of the last page (without having to put it in the footer band because I dont want this to be printed in EACH page - just in the last). Any help would be appreciated. TIA Tpet Your best bet would be a composite datawindow. Your second best bet is to put it in the footer, but hide it on all pages but the last. <tpet> wrote in message news:DACCB0810CD749A9002D25DC85256B90.002D266785256B90@webforums... > Hi , > > is there any way I can have my summary detail band printed at the ...

gridview paging: hide the 'next' link on last page of results
 Hi All,Is there a simple way to hide the next or previous link on the first or last page of records in an asp.net gridview. It seems a little confusing to have them there when you cannot go to more data. Thanks in advance.  It was due to the fact I was using a custom pager template. Apologies.  Please Refer http://wiki.lessthandot.com/index.php/ASP.NET:_Add_paging_to_a_repeater   Please Refer http://wiki.lessthandot.com/index.php/ASP.NET:_Add_paging_to_a_repeater Thank you All...

Group Summary at bottom of last page?
Hi All. I need to have a group summary appear on a specific location of a page. The paper has perforations and the summary needs to always be at a certain location. The problem is that the summary just appears on the last page right after the detail. If there is not very much detail on the last page then the summary is way at the top of the page. I always need it on the bottom 1/3 of the page. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike Put the objects you currently have in the summary band, into the footer band. Set the visible property of these objects to "if(getrow()=rowcount(),...

Delete last row in the last page in dg cause Invalid CurrentPageIndex value. It must be >= 0 and < the PageCount.
Hi to all, I am not sure how many of you encountered such error. I have created a datagrid with a delete option. When I have a couple of pages lets say 3 pages in each page it has 3 records. So the problem arise when I am at page 3 (final page) and attempting to delete the last record on the last page. I get such error. you can view the error description and the code in the following link. I have posted this quesiton in many newsgroup and got no answer. I hope this datagrid newsgroup will help me solve such issue. thanks again Al http://aalhussein.webhostme.com/Q/dg_delete_last_row2...

Navigating back from detail page to summary page causes summary page to reset.
I have an ASP.NET page containing a bunch of search critera the user specifies and a "search" button. When they click search, I go get all the records matching their search and display them in a datagrid. Each record has a hyperlink allowing them to go to a details page and see more information. The problem is that, for some people - not all, when they click the back button in the browser from the details page, all of their selection criteria on the search page is cleared out and the datagrid is gone. For others (myself included) however, when I click the back button, I se...

initiate next time with home page or last page(s) button
Name: Javier Ormeño Email: ormeno.javier_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: initiate next time with home page or last page(s) button Comments: Hi, I thought it would be a great imporvement two button's that permits to close your browser in to way's. One, the traditional close button in the upper right corner. And a second on a upper bar, that closes your browser to open the next time in the last page(s) (like a reset). It's similar to the undo-close tab button plugin. Great work with ff2. saludos Javier Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U...

Last row of nested rpt goes to next page
Morning Y'all: Had this posted in another question, but doesn't seem like anyone's seeing it. I have a nested rpt consisting of a tabular rpt (outer rpt) and a tabular n-up rpt(inner). The report works except for one thing. There's plenty of room to print the last row of the outer rpt (fixed # of rows), but if my inner rpts gets more than 20 rows, the last row ends up going to the next page along with my inner rpt. The inner rpt is in the summary band cause it has to be last thing that prints. I looked this up in the docs hadn't found anything. Is my 'pro...

last page of datawindow doesn't print
I have a datawindow in pb6.5; last page only prints with HP1100 local printer. Tom, That sounds rather odd. I haven't encountered it before but I learn something new every day. Its probably related to the printer driver since it works on one printer and not the other. Consider finding another printer driver for your printer. Each printer usually has several to choose from (various versions). A workaround is to put a summary band on the report. In the summary band embed a composite report which has an empty nested report in it which has "new page" checked. This will ...

Composite Datawindow
I have a system for printing reports using a composite report. The composite report has a header, 1 -embedded report, and a footer. The user chooses which datawindow to embedded. Some of the embedded datawindows are printing large amounts of text that spans several pages. About half the time, the last line of text printed is cropped and the part cropped appears on the next page. I am running NT4 with PB6.5. I have tried a. making the embedded report the exact size of one line of print. b. sizing the detail area very small. c. Different font families. Arial seemed the worst, T...

last page of datawindow doesn't print #2
I have a datawindow that does not print out(dw_1.print()) the last page of the report no matter how long the report is. Every page of the report shows up on the screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Tom Hodson thodson@empirebcbs.com Hello Tom, What we normally do is create a datastore and datawidow. Make them share each other.And print the datastore instead of the datawindow. Reards Rejith ...

Web resources about - How to stop the last detail row to print on next page together with the group trailer and summary even the second last page has lot's of space for the last row but not for the summary... - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow