How to save contents of a composite or nested report datadow to Excel or Text format files?

I want to save the contents of a composite report or nested report
to ,say Excel or Text format file.

But when I use the following codes
           li_rvalue = GetFileSaveName("Save File", &
           ls_fullpathname, ls_filename, &
           "xls", "Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls")
           if  li_rvalue  = 1        then
                 dw_1.SaveAs(ls_fullpathname, Excel!, true)
           end if

I cannot save the contents of the datawindow
which includes header, details, and summary info.

Similarly happening to text file.

Thanks in advance.

0
Darkman

SaveAs() will only save the result set.
SaveAsAscii() might be close, but probably not desirable results.

Either of these methods will work for child dw's
in a composite report if you use GetChild() to
get a datawindowchild reference for them,
but still only save the result set.

For explicit control of export to Excel format,
you may need to consider using an ActiveX like
Formula One from TideStone.
http://www.f1j.com/

In article <klQSWeDA$GA.289@forums.sybase.com>, e8chang@netvigator.com
says...

--
John Strano
[TeamSybase]

Edmund

John Strano [TeamSybase] <nichtspam_jstrano@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> SaveAs() will only save the result set.
> SaveAsAscii() might be close, but probably not desirable results.
>
> Either of these methods will work for child dw's
> in a composite report if you use GetChild() to
> get a datawindowchild reference for them,
> but still only save the result set.
>
> For explicit control of export to Excel format,
> you may need to consider using an ActiveX like
> Formula One from TideStone.
> http://www.f1j.com/
>
> In article <klQSWeDA$GA.289@forums.sybase.com>, e8chang@netvigator.com
> says...
> > I want to save the contents of a composite report or nested report
> > to ,say Excel or Text format file.
> >
> > But when I use the following codes
> >            li_rvalue = GetFileSaveName("Save File", &
> >            ls_fullpathname, ls_filename, &
> >            "xls", "Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls")
> >            if  li_rvalue  = 1        then
> >                  dw_1.SaveAs(ls_fullpathname, Excel!, true)
> >            end if
> >
> > I cannot save the contents of the datawindow
> > which includes header, details, and summary info.
> >
> > Similarly happening to text file.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >

> --
> John Strano
> [TeamSybase]

0
Darkman
9/18/1999 5:42:33 PM
The alternative is putting yourself through
an extensive OLE learning curve.
This would allow you to make direct calls
and references to Excel spreadsheets after
you have set up an OLE container within PB.

You may want to post your question in the
ole-ocx-activex newsgroup here and pose your problem
to those who are more OLE-knowledgeable than myself.

In article <3XvwlwfA$GA.343@forums.sybase.com>, e8chang@netvigator.com
says...

--
John Strano
[TeamSybase]

Exporting datawindows with nested reports or composites to excel or flat text
I have various datawindow reports in our pb6.5 application ....some are composite datawindows...others are datawindows with nested reports. I would like to export the visual contents of the datawindow to microsoft excel (.xls) or flat text. (.txt) Two u_dw methods which I have tried, but failed, are SaveAs()and SaveAsAscii(). For simple datawindows these methods are fine, but not for the more complex datawindows I mentioned earlier. Does anyone have any ideas. You can contact me direct at : sodonnell@lysis.com Please post this to the powerbuilder.datawindow forum. This...

Exporting datawindows with nested reports or composites to excel or flat text
I have various datawindow reports in our pb6.5 application ....some are composite datawindows...others are datawindows with nested reports. I would like to export the visual contents of the datawindow to microsoft excel (.xls) or flat text. (.txt) Two u_dw methods which I have tried, but failed, are SaveAs()and SaveAsAscii(). For simple datawindows these methods are fine, but not for the more complex datawindows I mentioned earlier. Does anyone have any ideas. You can contact me direct at : sodonnell@lysis.com I haven't had the opportunity(?) to use nested o...

Saving nested reports into Excel File
I have a report with nested reports within, If I use the menu file/save rows as..., it saves just the data from the main report, but not the nested report data. How can I save into Excel Book a report with its nested reports. Thank you avanced... ...

Saving composite datawindow in Excel file
Hi Everyone! My problem is how to save a composite datawindow in an Excel file. I managed to save each dataobject of the composite datawindow in a different xls file. Is there a way to save all these dataobjects in the same xls file but in different sheets ? Thanks in advance You'll need to use OLE automation to accomplish this. Take a look at the following re-post from a few years ago to get an idea of how to work with and create Excel sheets and then just grab a datawindowchild child for each nested dw in your composite and I'm sure you can figure-out the rest. ...

Save datawindow to a text file with all format contain
Hi, I know that PB6.5 allows to save a datawindow to a txt file with format contain.. I wonder if there's a patch for PB5?? Kathy kathylo@bigfoot.com Kathy, PB5 does not, as far as I remember, allow you to save DW conternts as a text file with the formatting. The only option if you need the formatting would be to save as PSReport! As you know, saving as text will save just the data with, if required, the column headers. HTH Sanjiv Das [TeamPS] Kathy LO <kathylo@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:ZSRuC0#k#GA.329@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > I kn...

How do I save formated Data report in excel file ?
I want to save data report from nested datawindow in excel file. Report format should remain as in preview of DW. I tried to save data as .html file and opened in ms-excel. Sometimes it gives correct but output was not proper when using nested datawindow report. Could you suggest me solution on it. You'll have to generate the HTML for the nested report yourself... pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik <AparnaC> wrote in message news:3f84fd28.1d11.846930886@sybase.com... > I want to save data report from nested datawindow in excel > file. Report forma...

Save datawindow output as text and excel files
I want to save the report generated by datawindow which include all the header information like company name, report name and report date into a text file or excel file. The report should look as close as possible to the print out. The SaveAs function of datawindow only save the data or data with column heading (which is field name instead of the column labels in datawindow). Please advise me if there is any way to do it in PowerBuilder ? Thanks. Use OLE. I have an example that saves the rows and groups including computed fields. It doesn't attempt to keep the formatting. But ...

is it possible to save datawindow report content in a .pdf format
In article <RcRIkA62$GA.203@forums.sybase.com>, littlexu@yahoo.com says... Search www.deja.com (newsgroups). You will see several threads on this topic. In short - yes. You will need to print the DW out using the Adobe PDF Print Driver. Mark -- Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. mpfeifer @ sprynet.com Emerging Technology Solutions www.ctpartners.com Join The Team - hr@ctpartners.com ...

Save Nested Report data to excel/txt file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------70227985C7BB7D97084092DA Content-Type: text/plain; charset=x-user-defined Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Everyone, Is there any way to save contents of a nested report to an excel or txt file. I tried SaveAs function but it saves only the main report data. I am using PB 5.0.03. Is there any direct facility in PB6.0/6.5? Thanks for your help. navin --------------70227985C7BB7D97084092DA Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=x-user-defined; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-...

PB10 save datawindow contents as a text file to a mapped network drive
Sorry for reposting since I posted first message using google group and didn't not get any response. I am using Powerbuilder version 10.0.1 Build 6064. I have a problem when trying to save datawindow contents as a text file to a mapped network drive. It took 5 minutes to save a 1.2M file to a mapped network drive vs took 0.02 seconds to save same file to a local disk. It is a simple grid datawindow. The code is dwcontrol.SaveAs( filename, Text!, FALSE ) Did anyone have this experience? I would appreciate any verification. Thanks. Henry Henry; What type of network are yo...

Save and edit a file, which is saved as from datawindow or report.
Hi, I saved one datawindow into a separate file in PSR format using saveas() function. When I saw .psr file using PSR Viewer, I can able to edit. But I cannot save it, because in Viewer there is no save function. My requirement is I want to save the file after editing. Is there any tool or any method to edit and save a file , which is saved as from datawindow or report??? Thanks, Srinivas ...

PB provide very good 'Save As' function to save to all kind of file type. How do I save a very complex (contain many nest datawindows) by using Save As function?
PB provide very good 'Save As' function to save datawindow to all kind of file format. How do I save a very complex datawindow (which contains many nest datawindows) by using Save As function? Angel Thanks The only way to save complex (nested, composite) datawindows and retain *all* the data is to save as PSReport!. This creates a .PSR file and you will need a .PSR viewer (which you can write yourself in about a day). If you're able to use 3rd party products, you can "print" the datawindow to a .PDF file. One of the more popular 3rd-party products for ...

Crystal Reports Export doesnt provide with save option for excel , word document and rich text format
I have problem with crystal reports export option. It doesnot provide with save option for excel format and word and rich text formats  Thanks for help in advance    ...

export/save xml file to .dbf and excel formats/files
Hi frens,   one of my requirement is as mentioned above... sample XML file is as follows:::: <addresses>   <address NUMBER="0078" ADDRESS="3416 GARNSEY LN." ZIP="93309" CITY="BAKERSFIELD" />   <address NUMBER="0174" ADDRESS="4617 Native Dancer" ZIP="93312" CITY="bakersfield" />   <address NUMBER="0225" ADDRESS="3217 Champagne Way" ZIP="93306" CITY="Bakersfield" />   <address NUMBER="0316" ADDRESS="9019 Oak Hills Ave" ZIP="93312" CITY="bakersfield" />   <address NUMBER="0337" ADDRESS="8505 Sargent Way....

Web resources about - How to save contents of a composite or nested report datadow to Excel or Text format files? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Composite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Composite Photo on the App Store on iTunes
Get Composite Photo on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Reykjanes Peninsula, Iceland (HDR composite panorama) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I went on a weekend photo shoot with Icelandic photographer Orvar Porgession; we're leading two sold out photography workshops around Iceland ...

NSW education audit: staged learning, composite classes are the new classroom
... teacher, not the type of class, that makes a difference to students. One-in-three public primary school students in NSW are taught in a composite ...

Composite skeleton of H.naledi
ABC Home Open Sites menu ABC Home News iview TV Radio Kids Shop More Search Australia Weather News Home Just In Australia National Australian ...

Cage against the EMP: New composite cases protect against the electro-apocalypse
... Cases keep secrets from leaking out of stored devices, prevent EMP damage. WASHINGTON, DC—A small company from Utah has developed a composite ...

Alternative ISM for Metalworking, Plastics, Composites Suggests Economic Contraction
... over the last four to five months. Most indices are at their lowest point since late 2012. We do this for metalworking, plastics, composites, ...

Shanghai Composite widens losses to 3%
Mainland equities lost 3 percent on Monday while Dow futures tanked 200 points on reports that Beijing may halt its market intervention.

CCRSI: Composite Price Indices Post Moderate Gains in July
This month's CoStar Commercial Repeat Sale Indices (CCRSI) provides the market's first look at July 2015 commercial real estate pricing. Based ...

Composite Of The Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse Over Dallas
Higher res version HERE . This is a composite shot created by photographer Mike Mezeul II of Sunday's blood moon lunar eclipse moving across ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 1:44:57 PM